Tuesday, Jan. 27 vs. WASHINGTON CAPITALS, Nationwide Arena, 7 p.m. – FOX Sports Ohio/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Thursday, Jan. 29 at Florida Panthers, BB&T Center, 7:30 p.m. – FOX Sports Ohio/CD 102.5 FM
Saturday, Jan. 31 at Tampa Bay Lightning, Amalie Arena, 7:30 p.m. – FOX Sports Ohio/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
PRACTICE SCHEDULE, JAN. 27 - FEB. 2
Tuesday, Jan. 27: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Wednesday, Jan. 28: 11 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Thursday, Jan. 29: 11:30 a.m. ET – BB&T Center, Sunrise, FL
Friday, Jan. 30: 2 p.m. ET – Amalie Arena, Tampa, FL
Saturday, Jan. 31: 11:30 a.m. ET – Amalie Arena, Tampa, FL
Sunday, Feb. 1: No Practice Scheduled
Monday, Feb. 2: 10:30 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
BLUE JACKETS AT A GLANCE
Record: 20-22-3 (43 pts.) – 6th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 9-12-2 (20 pts.)… Road: 11-10-1 (23 pts.)
Leading Scorers: C Ryan Johansen (17-26-43, 45 GP)… LW Nick Foligno(18-24-42, 44 GP)… LW Scott Hartnell (10-18-28, 40 GP)
Goaltenders: Sergei Bobrovsky (16-15-2, 2.85 GAA, .913 SV%, 1 SO, 33 GP)… Curtis McElhinney (4-6-1, 2.98 GAA, .907 SV%, 15 GP)
Last Week’s Results: 1-1-0… Jan. 19 – CBJ 3, at Minnesota 1... Jan. 21 – at Winnipeg 4, CBJ 0.
THIS WEEK’S OPPONENTS
WASHINGTON CAPITALS – Record: 24-13-9 (57 pts.) – 4th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 12-5-5 (29 pts.)… Road: 12-8-4 (28 pts.)
Head Coach: Barry Trotz… Players to Watch: RW Alex Ovechkin… C Nicklas Backstrom… G Braden Holtby
All-Time: CBJ, 7-8-6 (4-4-3, home)… CBJ is 2-0-1 vs. the Caps at Nationwide Arena since Jan. 17, 2014… Home team has won six of the last nine games after road team won four of the previous five… This Season: Fourth of five meetings… Nov. 11 – at Washington 4, CBJ 2… Dec. 11 – CBJ 3, at Washington 2 OT… Dec. 18 – Washington 5, at CBJ 4 (OT)… Mar. 3 at CBJ.
FLORIDA PANTHERS – Record: 20-14-10 (50 pts.) – 5th/Atlantic Division… Home: 9-7-4 (22 pts.)… Road: 11-7-6 (28 pts.)
Head Coach: Gerard Gallant… Players to Watch: C Nick Bjugstad… D Aaron Ekblad… G Roberto Luongo
All-Time: CBJ, 13-4-0 (6-2-0, road)… CBJ are 10-0-0 vs. the Panthers since a 5-2 home loss on Nov. 21, 2007, and 5-0-0 in South Florida since Jan. 14, 2006… This Season: Third of three meetings… Dec. 1 – at CBJ 2, Florida 1… Dec. 4 – CBJ 4, at Florida 3 (SO)
TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING – Record: 30-14-4 (64 pts.) – 1st/Atlantic Division… Home: 19-4-1 (39 pts.)… Road: 11-10-3 (25 pts.)
Head Coach: Jon Cooper… Players to Watch: C Steven Stamkos… C Tyler Johnson… RW Ryan Callahan
All-Time: CBJ, 7-8-3 (2-5-2, road)… The Jackets went 2-1-0 vs. the Lightning in 2013-14… Prior to their win on Dec. 6, CBJ’s lone road win in the series was Jan. 2, 2004… This Season: Third of three meetings… Nov. 8 – Tampa Bay 7, at CBJ 4… Dec. 6 – CBJ 3, at Tampa Bay 1
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
· INJURED RESERVE: D Ryan Murray (knee, IR on Nov. 6 retroactive to Nov. 1) is week-to-week… C Artem Anisimov (torn triceps muscle, IR on Dec. 1) is expected to miss two to three months… RW Brian Gibbbons (knee, IR on Dec. 19) is expected to miss two to three weeks… LW Boone Jenner (back stress fracture, IR on Dec. 20) is expected to miss one to two months… G Sergei Bobrovsky (groin, IR retroactive to Jan. 21) is expected to miss four to six weeks… INJURED NON-ROSTER LIST: RW Nathan Horton (back, out indefinitely)… Man Games Lost to Injury: 288
A SUCCESSFUL ALL-STAR CELEBRATION
The Blue Jackets and the city of Columbus hosted the 2015 NHL All-Star Weekend from Jan. 22-25. Official league activities included NHL Fan FairTM that saw over 33,000 fans visit the Greater Columbus Convention Center, the 2015 NHL All-Star Fantasy DraftTM on Friday and sellout crowds witnessing the 2015 Honda NHL All-Star Skills CompetitionTM on Saturday and 60th NHL All-Star Game on Sunday. Blue Jackets LW Nick Foligno (1-1-2) served as the captain of the home team (Team Foligno), while Columbus teammate Ryan Johansen was the Fantasy Draft’s first overall pick and picked up MVP honors for Team Foligno in a 17-12 loss to Team Toews in the All-Star Game. With 2-2-4, Johansen tied Rick Nash (2-2-4, 2007) for most points by a Blue Jacket in an All-Star Game.
WHAT THE STARS SAID…
"We're so proud of our city for showing that hockey is such a big deal here and the main focus. For us to be a part of it is really gratifying." – Nick Foligno
“The fans love it, and it looked like they were having fun. It was great to see this city [Columbus]. They had been waiting a couple years for this game. They did it right.” – Tampa Bay forward Steven Stamkos
“It was pretty fun. You can definitely tell this is a hockey city. The city of Columbus did a really good job.” – Los Angeles Kings forward Anze Kopitar
“It's been awesome... Lucky to be on Team Foligno and get to spend some time in the home team's dressing room. First-class facility and just the way we've been treated, it's been unbelievable. The whole organization and the city has embraced this and it's been a lot of fun to be a part of.” – Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith
NEWS & NOTES
· Columbus has posted a 14-7-1 record since the beginning of December, including an 8-3-0 mark on the road.
· The Jackets boast the fourth-best power play in the NHL at 24.3 pct. (37-of-152), which would shatter the club record of 19.3 pct. (54-of-280/10th in NHL) set last season.
· Blue Jackets defensemen have netted the game-winner in six off the last seven Columbus victories.
· Columbus has racked up 288 man games lost to injury through its first 43 games and is on pace to finish the season with 525. The club has topped the 300-man games lost mark just twice in franchise history – 411 in 2011-12 and 343 in 2008-09.
· C Ryan Johansen was named the NHL’s First Star of the Week from Jan. 19-25 after capturing MVP honors in the 2015 Honda NHL All-Star Game (2-2-4). He also won the NHL Breakaway Challenge during the Skills Competition on Saturday. Johansen, who had a point in a franchise-best and NHL season-long 13-straight games (8-8-16) from Dec. 18-Jan. 17, is the only player in the NHL this season with two 10-game point streaks as he collected 5-8-13 in 10-straight from Oct. 9-31. The first-time All-Star ranks 16th-T in the NHL in points with 17-26-43 in 45 games.
· Sitting fourth in the NHL in shooting percentage with 19.6 pct. and T-20th in points with 18-24-42, LW Nick Foligno has collected 2-10-12 in the last 12 games, including a career-high eight-game point streak (Dec. 27-Jan. 14)
· D Kevin Connauton has collected 5-5-10 in his last 15 games to give him 7-7-14 (and three game-winning goals) in 32 outings.
· LW Scott Hartnell, who is seven games shy of 1,000 in his NHL career, has picked up 2-7-9 in his last nine games.
· G Curtis McElhinney is 3-0-0 with a 1.85 goals-against average and .938 save percentage in his last five appearances in net. He made a personal season-high 34 saves in a 3-1 win at Boston on Jan. 17.
· Friday, Feb. 6 vs. St. Louis – TIM HORTONS JACKETS PACK: This offer includes a ticket, $10 food & beverage voucher, Blue Jackets hat, Tim Hortons travel mug with a voucher redeemable for a free coffee fill-up and 10-pack of Timbits starting at $30 per person.
BUY A PEPSI, SAVE ON BLUE JACKETS TICKETS
Specially-marked Pepsi cans are in stores throughout Central Ohio now with a special offer to save $10 on select Blue Jackets tickets for all home games during the months of January and February.
NATIONWIDE VIP SWEEPSTAKES
Nationwide is looking to reward three sweepstakes winners with a special Blue Jackets VIP Game Experience. The winners receive four tickets in the Nationwide Fan Lounge, a $50 food/beverage voucher, jersey, puck, player photo, Zamboni ride and the opportunity to watch pre-game warm ups from the Blue Jackets bench. One winner will be chosen for each of the following games – Feb. 9 vs. Los Angeles and Apr. 4 vs. Pittsburgh. To register, visit www.BlueJackets.com/NationwideVIP.
CONN’S LITTLE CHIP OF THE GAME
Fans can enter their child for the chance to be the Conn’s Little Chip of the Game and skate alongside the Blue Jackets starting line-up during select pre-game ceremonies. Additionally, each winning child will receive four tickets and the opportunity to meet a Blue Jackets player. Entry can be found at www.BlueJackets.com/LittleChip.
MARZETTI YOUTH HOCKEY MOM OF THE YEAR SEARCH IS UNDERWAY
Fans can nominate their favorite hockey mom at www.BlueJackets.com/HockeyMom as Marzetti will once again recognize a Hockey Mom of the Year. Six monthly winners will receive four tickets to an upcoming game, a $50 gift card and in-arena recognition throughout the season. A grand prize winner will be selected and receive four tickets and a limousine ride to a game, a meet and greet with a Blue Jackets player, a spa day for two, three months worth of groceries, a Marzetti’s gift basket and more.