THIS WEEK’S GAME/BROADCAST SCHEDULE (Times ET)
Mon., Jan. 27 at Carolina Hurricanes, PNC Arena, 7 pm – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Tues., Jan. 28 vs. OTTAWA SENATORS, NATIONWIDE ARENA, 7 pm – FS Ohio HD/ Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Thurs., Jan. 30 vs. WASHINGTON CAPITALS, NATIONWIDE ARENA, 7 pm – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Sat., Feb. 1 vs. FLORIDA PANTHERS, NATIONWIDE ARENA, 7 pm – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
PRACTICE SCHEDULE, Jan. 28-Feb. 3
Tuesday, Jan. 28: 10 a.m. – Nationwide Arena
Wednesday, Jan. 29: No Practice Scheduled
Thursday, Jan. 30: 10 a.m. – Nationwide Arena
Friday, Jan. 31: 10:30 a.m. – Nationwide Arena
Saturday, Feb. 1: 10 a.m. – Nationwide Arena
Sunday, Feb. 2: 2:30 p.m. PT – Honda Center, Anaheim, CA
Monday, Feb. 3: 11:30 a.m. PT – Honda Center, Anaheim, CA
LAST WEEK’S RESULTS
Jan. 21 at COLUMBUS 5, Los Angeles 3 (Bobrovsky – 26 saves, W; Horton – GWG, 600th career NHL game; Umberger – 2G, 4 SOG; Anisimov – G, A; Wisniewski – 2A)
Jan. 23 at COLUMBUS 5, Philadelphia 2 (Bobrovsky – 26 saves, W; Dubinsky – G, A, 5 SOG, 14/19 on faceoffs; Calvert – GWG, A; Johnson – G, 6 SOG; MacKenzie – G, 3 hits)
Jan. 25 – Buffalo 5 at COLUMBUS 2 (MacKenzie – G, A, 2 blocked shots; Letestu – G, A, 5/6 on faceoffs; Murray – A, +2 rating; Johansen – 4 SOG, 8/13 on faceoffs)
BLUE JACKETS AT A GLANCE
Record: 26-21-4 (56 pts.) – 3rd/Metropolitan Division… Home: 14-10-2 (30 pts.), Road: 12-11-2 (26 pts.).
Leading Scorers: C Ryan Johansen (19-18-37 in 51 GP)… C Brandon Dubinsky (11-23-34 in 45 GP)… D James Wisniewski (4-27-31 in 44 GP)… RW Cam Atkinson (15-12-27 in 51 GP)… LW Nick Foligno (12-15-27 in 45 GP). Goaltender Stats: Sergei Bobrovsky (17-12-2, 2.60 GAA, .913 SV%, 2 SO in 31 GP)… Curtis McElhinney (8-8-1, 2.78 GAA, .908 SV%, 2 SO in 21 GP).
OPPONENTS AT A GLANCE
CAROLINA HURRICANES – Record: 23-19-9 (55 pts.)… 5th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 12-10-5 (29 pts.)… Road: 11-9-4 (26 pts.) Head Coach: Kirk Muller… Players to Watch: C Eric Staal, LW Jeff Skinner, RW Alexander Semin All-Time: CBJ, 9-6-0 (4-4-0 on the road)… The Jackets have earned seven straight wins against the Hurricanes dating back to Dec. 29, 2007… This season: Third of five meetings… Columbus earned a 4-3 win at Carolina on Dec. 23 and captured a 3-0 home victory on Jan. 10… Next game: Mar. 18 at Columbus.
OTTAWA SENATORS – Record: 22-20-10 (54 pts.)… 6th/Atlantic Division… Home: 11-11-5 (27 pts.)… Road: 11-9-5 (27 pts.) Head Coach: Paul MacLean… Players to Watch: C Jason Spezza, RW Bobby Ryan, D Erik Karlsson
All-Time: CBJ, 5-6-2 (3-2-1 at home)… Columbus has won five of their last seven meetings with Ottawa dating back to Dec. 10, 2006… This season: Third of three meetings… The Senators earned a 4-1 victory at Nationwide Arena on Nov. 5 with the Jackets winning by the same score 12 days later at the Canadian Tire Centre.
FLORIDA PANTHERS – Record: 21-24-7 (49 pts.)… 7th/Atlantic Division… Home: 10-11-4 (24 pts.)… Road: 11-13-3 (25 pts.) Head Coach: Peter Horachek… Players to Watch: C Aleksander Barkov, G Tim Thomas, LW Jonathan Huberdeau All-Time: CBJ, 8-4-0 (4-2-0 at home)… The Jackets have won their last five matchups with the Panthers dating back to Mar. 21, 2009… This season: First of three meetings… Next game: Mar. 1 at Columbus.
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
- RW Marian Gaborik (broken collarbone; surgery on Dec. 24 and will be sidelined indefinitely)… RW Jared Boll(torn ankle tendon; Injured Reserve on Nov. 26, surgery on Dec. 16, expected to miss three to four months)…
Total Man Games Lost to Injury/Illness in 2013-14: 218
- The Blue Jackets are 9-2-0 in January which is the best record in the Eastern Conference for the month.
- Columbus ranks third in the NHL in goals-per-game in January (3.55) and is tied for seventh on the season (2.86).
- The Jackets rank fourth in the NHL in total team hits with 1,541 and are tied for eighth with 26 fighting majors.
- Columbus has recorded only 249 giveaways this season, the second-lowest total in the NHL.
- The Blue Jackets are 10-for-40 (25.0%) on the power play this month which is the sixth-best conversion rate in the league.
- Columbus is 10-3-1 in its last 14 home games and 12-7-1 in 20 intradivisional contests this season.
- Following this week’s action, the Blue Jackets will play its final three games before the Olympic break on the road – Feb. 3 at Anaheim, Feb. 6 at Los Angeles and Feb. 7 at San Jose.
- D James Wisniewski has tallied 2-9-11 in his last 11 games and now ranks eighth in the league in points-per-game (0.70) by a defenseman. He is also tied for tenth among all NHL blueliners with 15 (1-14-15) power play points on the season.
- G Sergei Bobrovsky is tied for third in the NHL with seven wins this month. He has recorded a 2.25 GAA and .926 SV% in 2014.
- D Ryan Murray leads all NHL rookies with nine assists in January. For the season, he ranks third among first-year defensemen in blocked shots (78), fifth (tied) in points (18) and fifth in TOI/game (20:10).
- C Mark Letestu has tallied 5-3-8 in his last eight games. His six January goals are the most on the Jackets and T-13th in the NHL.
- LW Boone Jenner leads all first-year NHL forwards with 121 hits this season. He is T-6th among rookie forwards in home ice plus/minus (+6) and T-7th in road goals (5).
BLUE JACKETS FOUNDATION HOSTS BLACK TIE BLUE JACKETS STYLE SHOW ON CENTER ICE AT NATIONWIDE ARENA ON FEB. 25
For the eighth consecutive year, Columbus Blue Jackets players and their wives, along with local pediatric cancer heroes, will model the latest fashions in a charity style show to raise funds to support the fight against pediatric cancer. This year’s Black Tie Blue Jackets Style Show, presented by Medical Mutual of Ohio, is set for Tuesday, February 25 and will be staged once again on center ice at Nationwide Arena. The event will celebrate 11 local cancer patients this year, ranging in age between six and 14 years old. More information on this event can be obtained by clicking HERE.
FOX SPORTS OHIO FLORIDA FLYAWAY
FOX Sports Ohio wants to send a lucky fan on the road to see the Blue Jackets play in the Florida Fly Away Sweepstakes. Fans who watch the team on FOX Sports Ohio through February 1 will be shown a keyword to enter at www.BlueJackets.com/FloridaFlyAway or to text to 90561. Twelve qualifying winners will receive an autographed puck and a grand prize winner will receive a three-night trip to Florida which includes airfare, two tickets to see the Blue Jackets vs. Lightning on Apr. 11, hotel accommodations and $300 spending cash. The grand prize winner will be selected and recognized in-arena on Mar. 18.
WALGREENS 60 SECOND COUNTDOWN
Fans can visit their local Walgreens store or text ‘WALGREENS’ to 90561 to enter the Walgreens 60 Second Countdown. One contestant will be randomly selected for each remaining home game this season. The winner receives four tickets to a game and will walk away with $1,000 if a Blue Jackets player scores a goal in the last 60 seconds of the 2nd period.
BUY PEPSI, SAVE $10 ON A TICKET TO SEE THE BLUE JACKETS
Pick up specially marked Blue Jackets cans of Pepsi at participating retailers throughout Central Ohio for an offer to save $10 on any Blue Jackets ticket for home games between now and February 1, 2014. Look for special Blue Jackets-branded Pepsi trucks throughout the area in support of this special offer.
CURRENT & UPCOMING PROMOTIONS
- Saturday, February 1 vs. Florida – DISPATCH FAMILY VALUE PACK: With this offer, fans receive a game ticket, hot dog, Pepsi, popcorn, a voucher for a free Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream and OhioHealth Ice Haus Skate Pass starting at $30 per person... FOX SPORTS OHIO T-SHIRT GIVEAWAY: All fans in attendance for this match will also receive a complimentary Blue Jackets t-shirt courtesy of FOX Sports Ohio.
- Nationwide Insurance VIP Sweepstakes – Nationwide Insurance is awarding a lucky sweepstakes winner with a special VIP Game Experience that includes four game tickets in the Nationwide Insurance Fan Lounge, a $50 food/beverage voucher, a jersey, puck, player photo, the chance to watch warm-ups from the team bench and a ride the Nationwide Zamboni during intermission. Fans can enter at www.BlueJackets.com/NationwideVIP with winners selected for the following games – Mar. 21 vs. NY Rangers and Apr. 4 vs. Chicago.
- Blue Jackets Fantasy Challenge – The Blue Jackets are offering fans the chance to go behind the bench and make the calls the head coach makes through the Blue Jackets Fantasy Challenge. Fans can visit BlueJackets.com at the link below to register, pick their lineup and Join the Battle! Over 40 prizes will be awarded throughout the season including autographed pucks and jerseys, game tickets and a suite night! To play, click HERE.
- Hollywood Casino Win & Get In to Play Poker with the Jackets – Fans can win a chance to play poker with Blue Jackets players thanks to the Hollywood Casino Win & Get In promotion. Fans can text ‘HOLLYWOOD’ to 90561 to receive a bounce-back text with a special code and instructions to visit Hollywood Casino’s Player Services. Upon showing their unique code and registering as a Marquee Rewards Club member, each fan will receive one entry to win a chance to play poker with Blue Jackets players in February. Fans can enter between now and Feb. 9 to win a spot at the table. All fans must be 21 years of age or older. For more information, visit www.BlueJackets.com/Hollywood.