Wednesday, Jan. 14 vs. MONTREAL CANADIENS, Nationwide Arena, 7 p.m. – FOX Sports Ohio/ Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Friday, Jan. 16 vs. NEW YORK RANGERS, Nationwide Arena, 7 p.m. – FOX Sports Ohio/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Saturday, Jan. 17 at Boston Bruins, TD Garden, 7 p.m. – FOX Sports Ohio/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
PRACTICE SCHEDULE, JAN. 13-19
Tuesday, Jan. 13: 10:30 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Wednesday, Jan. 14: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Thursday, Jan. 15: 11 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Friday, Jan. 16: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Saturday, Jan. 17: 11:30 a.m. ET – TD Garden, Boston, MA (tentative)
Sunday, Jan. 18: No Practice Scheduled – Travel to Minnesota
Monday, Jan. 19: 11:30 a.m. CT – Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN
BLUE JACKETS AT A GLANCE
Record: 18-19-3 (39 pts.) – 5th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 9-10-2 (20 pts.)… Road: 9-9-1 (19 pts.)
Leading Scorers: LW Nick Foligno (18-22-40, 39 GP)… C Ryan Johansen (15-24-39, 40 GP)… LW Scott Hartnell (8-16-24, 35 GP)
Goaltenders: Sergei Bobrovsky (15-12-2, 2.88 GAA, .914 SV%, 1 SO, 29 GP)… Curtis McElhinney (3-6-1, 3.22 GAA, .899 SV%, 13 GP)
Last Week’s Results: 1-2-0… Jan. 6 – Jackets 4, at Dallas 2; Jan. 9 – at Toronto 5, Jackets 2; Jan. 10 – NY Islanders 5, at Jackets 2
THIS WEEK’S OPPONENTS
MONTREAL CANADIENS – Record: 26-12-3 (55 pts.) – 2nd/Atlantic Division… Home: 13-5-2 (28 pts.)… Road: 13-7-1 (27 pts.)
Head Coach: Michel Therrien… Players to Watch: F Tomas Plekanec, D P.K. Subban, G Carey Price
All-Time: CBJ, 7-5-2 (2-2-1, home)… Jackets are 5-2-1 vs. Montreal since the start of 2007-08 season, including 2-0-1 in the last three meetings at Nationwide Arena… This Season: First of three meetings… Feb. 21 at Montreal… Feb. 26 at Columbus.
NEW YORK RANGERS – Record: 24-11-4 (52 pts.) – 3rd/Metropolitan Division… Home: 13-5-3 (29 pts.)… Road: 11-6-1 (23 pts.)
Head Coach: Alain Vigneault… Players to Watch: G Henrik Lundqvist, F Martin St. Louis, F Rick Nash
All-Time: CBJ, 9-6-2 (6-4-0, home)… Blue Jackets are 4-2-1 against Rangers since beginning of 2010-11 season… This Season: Second of four meetings… Oct. 11 – at Columbus 5, NY Rangers 2… Feb. 22 at NY Rangers… Apr. 6 at NY Rangers.
BOSTON BRUINS – Record: 22-15-6 (50 pts.) – 4th/Atlantic Division… Home: 13-6-4 (30 pts.)… Road: 9-9-2 (20 pts.)
Head Coach: Claude Julien… Players to Watch: D Zdeno Chara, F Patrice Bergeron, G Tuukka Rask
All-Time: CBJ, 2-7-4 (2-3-2, road)… The Jackets’ win on Dec. 27 was the club’s first vs. Boston since Jan. 21, 2010 (0-3-4)… This Season: Third of three meetings… Nov. 21 – Boston 4, at Columbus 3 (OT)… Dec. 27 – at Columbus 6, Boston 2.
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
• RW Jack Skille (lower body on Jan. 9) is expected to miss at least two weeks… INJURED RESERVE: D Ryan Murray (knee, IR on Nov. 6 retroactive to Nov. 1) is week-to-week… C Artem Anisimov (torn triceps muscle, IR on Dec. 1) is expected to miss two to three months… RW Brian Gibbbons (knee, IR on Dec. 19) is expected to miss two to three weeks… LW Boone Jenner (back stress fracture, IR on Dec. 20) is expected to miss one to two months… INJURED NON-ROSTER LIST: RW Nathan Horton (back, out indefinitely)… Man Games Lost to Injury: 260
BLUE JACKETS MEDIA GUIDE APP NOW AVAILABLE VIA iTUNES, GOOGLE PLAY
The 2014-15 Columbus Blue Jackets Interactive Media Guide is now available for free at the iTunes Store and Google Play as fans now can download the media guide to their computer, iPad, iPhone or Android device. The guide contains interactive player bios, as well as detailed team historical and updated statistical information, records and more.
A TRIO OF ALL-STARS
Forwards Nick Foligno and Ryan Johansen and goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky were selected to participate in the 2015 Honda NHL All-Star Game hosted by the Columbus Blue Jackets and Nationwide Arena on January 25. Each player will be making his All-Star debut and 2015 marks the first time in franchise history the Blue Jackets have had more than one player in an All-Star Game.
NEWS & NOTES
• Columbus has posted a 12-4-1 record since the beginning of December, including 6-2-1 at home and 6-2-0 on the road.
• The Jackets boast the second-best power play in the NHL at 24.5 pct. (34-of-139), trailing only St. Louis (38-of-145, 26.2 pct.).
• Columbus is 12-3-3 in one-goal games, which ranks fourth-T in winning percentage (.667) and sixth-T in wins in the NHL.
• The Blue Jackets have gone 18-4-3 when tied or leading after two periods of play.
• Through the first 21 home games this season, the Jackets are averaging 15,619 fans per game, which is a 13.8 pct. increase from the same time last season (13,722).
• Columbus has racked up 260 man games lost to injury through its first 40 games and is on pace to finish the season with 533. The club has topped the 300-man games lost mark just twice in franchise history – 411 in 2011-12 and 343 in 2008-09.
• Blue Jackets defensemen have scored the last four game-winners (David Savard & Kevin Connauton each with two) and have scored 40% of the team’s goals (8 of 20) in the last six games.
• The Jackets have killed off 62-of-72 of their opponent’s power plays in the last 19 games (86.1%) and 29-of-30 (96.7%) in the last 23 periods at Nationwide Arena.
• C Ryan Johansen has a point in 10-straight games (6-6-12) dating back to Dec. 18 vs. Washington, tying his career-best and the franchise record originally set by R.J. Umberger (Nov. 10-Dec. 1, 2010). Johansen, who is T-17th in the NHL in points with 15-24-39, posted 5-8-13 in 10 games from Oct. 9-31.
• LW Nick Foligno, who is tied for 12th in the NHL with 18 goals and 14th with 40 points, is riding a career-high seven-game point streak (2-8-10). His 18 goals match his career high set in 70 games in 2013-14.
• D Jack Johnson recorded his fourth goal of the season Jan. 10 vs. NY Islanders and has 3-6-9 in his last 14 games overall and 3-4-7 in the last eight home contests.
• C Brandon Dubinsky has collected 2-6-8, including three multi-point contests, in the last seven games.
• D David Savard and D Kevin Connauton have each tied the club record for game-winning goals by a defenseman in a single season with three (Nikita Nikitin, 2011-12).
• Wednesday, January 14 vs. Montreal Canadiens - DISPATCH FAMILY VALUE PACK: This offer includes a game ticket, hot dog, Pepsi, popcorn, a voucher for a FREE Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream and OhioHealth Ice Haus Skate Pass starting at $30 per person.
MIRACLE-GRO COMMUNITY RINK AT BLUE JACKETS ALL-STAR WINTER PARK PRESENTED BY WORTHINGTON INDUSTRIES OPENS THIS FRIDAY, JANUARY 16
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Community Rink at Columbus Blue Jackets All-Star Winter Park, presented by Worthington Industries, will be open for daily public skating sessions beginning at 12 p.m. this Friday through Sunday, January 25. The NHL-sized rink is currently under construction at McFerson Commons across the street from Nationwide Arena. Admission to skate will be $5 and includes skate rental. Visit www.BlueJackets.com/AllStar for public skating times.
BUY A PEPSI, SAVE ON BLUE JACKETS TICKETS
Specially-marked Pepsi cans are in stores throughout Central Ohio now with a special offer to save $10 on select Blue Jackets tickets for all home games during the months of January and February.
NATIONWIDE VIP SWEEPSTAKES
Nationwide is looking to reward three sweepstakes winners with a special Blue Jackets VIP Game Experience. The winners receive four tickets in the Nationwide Fan Lounge, a $50 food/beverage voucher, jersey, puck, player photo, Zamboni ride and the opportunity to watch pre-game warm ups from the Blue Jackets bench. One winner will be chosen for each of the following games – Feb. 9 vs. Los Angeles and Apr. 4 vs. Pittsburgh. To register, visit www.BlueJackets.com/NationwideVIP.
CONN’S LITTLE CHIP OF THE GAME
Fans can enter their child for the chance to be the Conn’s Little Chip of the Game and skate alongside the Blue Jackets starting line-up during select pre-game ceremonies. Additionally, each winning child will receive four tickets and the opportunity to meet a Blue Jackets player. Entry can be found at www.BlueJackets.com/LittleChip.
MARZETTI YOUTH HOCKEY MOM OF THE YEAR SEARCH IS UNDERWAY
Fans can nominate their favorite hockey mom at www.BlueJackets.com/HockeyMom as Marzetti will once again recognize a Hockey Mom of the Year. Six monthly winners will receive four tickets to an upcoming game, a $50 gift card and in-arena recognition throughout the season. A grand prize winner will be selected and receive four tickets and a limousine ride to a game, a meet and greet with a Blue Jackets player, a spa day for two, three months worth of groceries, a Marzetti’s gift basket and more.
NHL FAN FAIR IS COMING JANUARY 23-25
The NHL will transform the Greater Columbus Convention Center into 200,000 square feet of interactive hockey fun for NHL Fan Fair from January 23-25. As the official fan festival of the 2015 NHL All-Star Weekend, NHL Fan Fair will offer hockey fans of all ages three days of family-friendly interactive games and attractions, special appearances, trophy and memorabilia displays, live TV and radio broadcasts, music, food and dozens of other dynamic activities. All attractions will be included with the price of admission. For information or to buy tickets, visit www.BlueJackets.com/AllStar.