Monday, Feb. 9 vs. LOS ANGELES KINGS, Nationwide Arena, 7 p.m. – FOX Sports Ohio/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Friday, Feb. 13 vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS, Nationwide Arena, 7 p.m. – FOX Sports Ohio/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Saturday, Feb. 14 at New York Islanders, Nassau Coliseum, 7 p.m. – FOX Sports Ohio/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
PRACTICE SCHEDULE, FEB. 10 - 16
Tuesday, Feb. 10: 11 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Wednesday, Feb. 11: 10:30 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Thursday, Feb. 12: 10:30 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Friday, Feb. 13: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Saturday, Feb. 14: 11:30 a.m. ET – Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY (tentative)
Sunday, Feb. 15: No Practice Scheduled
Monday, Feb. 16: 10:30 a.m. ET – OhioHealth Ice Haus
BLUE JACKETS AT A GLANCE
Record: 23-25-3 (49 pts.) – 7th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 11-13-2 (24 pts.)… Road: 12-12-1 (25 pts.)
Leading Scorers: C Ryan Johansen (20-29-49, 51 GP)… LW Nick Foligno (21-28-49, 50 GP)… LW Scott Hartnell (11-21-33, 46 GP)
Goaltenders: Sergei Bobrovsky (16-15-2, 2.85 GAA, .913 SV%, 1 SO, 33 GP)… Curtis McElhinney (7-8-1, 2.77 GAA, .915 SV%, 20 GP)
Last Week’s Results: 2-1-0… Feb. 3 – Arizona 4, at CBJ 1... Feb. 6 – at CBJ 7, St. Louis 1… Feb. 7 – CBJ 4, at Ottawa 1.
THIS WEEK’S OPPONENTS
LOS ANGELES KINGS – Record: 22-18-12 (56 pts.) – 5th/Pacific Division… Home: 16-6-6 (38 pts.)… Road: 6-12-6 (18 pts.)
Head Coach: Darryl Sutter… Players to Watch: C Anze Kopitar… D Drew Doughty… G Jonathan Quick
All-Time: CBJ, 21-25-4 (13-9-2, home)… CBJ have gone 2-1-0 in last three games against Kings at Nationwide Arena with each game decided by two goals… This Season: Second of two meetings… Oct. 26 – at Los Angeles 5, CBJ 2.
PHILADELPHIA FLYERS – Record: 23-22-8 (54 pts.) – 5th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 15-7-4 (34 pts.)… Road: 8-15-4 (20 pts.)
Head Coach: Craig Berube… Players to Watch: RW Jakub Voracek… C Claude Giroux… D Mark Streit
All-Time: CBJ, 7-8-3 (5-2-2, home)… Columbus is 5-2-0 vs. Flyers since start of 2013-14 season and 5-0-0 at Nationwide Arena since Dec. 27, 2008… This Season: Fourth of five meetings… Nov. 14 – CBJ 4, at Philadelphia 3… Nov. 22 – at Philadelphia 4, CBJ 2… Dec. 9 – at CBJ 3, Philadelphia 2 (OT)… Feb. 17 at Philadelphia.
NEW YORK ISLANDERS – Record: 34-18-1 (69 pts.) – 1st/Metropolitan Division… Home: 17-6-0 (34 pts.)… Road: 17-12-1 (35 pts.)
Head Coach: Jack Capuano… Players to Watch: C John Tavares… G Jaroslav Halak… C Ryan Strome
All-Time: CBJ, 12-3-4 (4-2-2, road)… Blue Jackets are 5-2-0 in the last seven meetings, including 2-1-0 at Nassau Coliseum… This Season: Second of four meetings… Jan. 10 – NY Islanders 5, at CBJ 2… Apr. 2 at Columbus… Apr. 11 at NY Islanders.
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
• D James Wisniewski (lower body, Feb. 6) is day-to-day… D Dalton Prout (upper body, Feb. 7) is day-to-day… INJURED RESERVE: RW Brian Gibbons (knee, IR on Dec. 19) is expected to miss two to three weeks… LW Boone Jenner (back stress fracture, IR on Dec. 20) is expected to miss one to two months… G Sergei Bobrovsky (groin, IR retroactive to Jan. 21) is expected to miss four to six weeks… LW Jeremy Morin (upper body, IR on Jan. 28) is out indefinitely… D Ryan Murray (high ankle sprain, IR on Feb. 9) is expected to miss four to six weeks… INJURED NON-ROSTER LIST: RW Nathan Horton (back, out indefinitely)… Man Games Lost to Injury: 324
• LW Scott Hartnell, who has 11-21-33 in 46 games in his first season with Columbus, is set to play in his 1,000th NHL game Monday night against Los Angeles. Hartnell was acquired on June 23, 2014 from the Philadelphia Flyers.
• Has recorded 262-308-570 and 1,521 penalty minutes with the Nashville Predators (2000-07), Flyers (2007-14) and Blue Jackets (2014-15).
• Will become the third player to play his 1,000th NHL game while in a Blue Jacket uniform, joining Sergei Fedorov (Nov. 30, 2005) and Vinny Prospal (Nov. 25, 2011).
• Will be the 297th player in NHL history and 27th active player to play 1,000 NHL games.
NEWS & NOTES
• Columbus has posted a 17-10-1 record since the beginning of December, including an 8-5-1 mark at home and 9-5-0 on the road.
• The Blue Jackets play their next 12 games against the Eastern Conference following Monday night’s contest, including nine games against the Metropolitan Division. They play Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New Jersey and Montreal twice over that span.
• Columbus’ 11 goals scored Feb. 6-7 was tied for the third most (seven times) over a two-game span in franchise history, trailing two 12-goal two-game stretches from Jan. 11-13, 2003 and Apr. 5-7, 2012 (most recent of at least 11 goals). Ten of those goals were scored at even strength.
• The Blue Jackets’ 7-1 victory over St. Louis was the most goals recorded and the largest margin of victory this season. It was the 10th time in franchise history they recorded at least seven goals in a game and it was tied for the second-largest margin of victory in franchise history, trailing only an 8-1 win over St. Louis on Nov. 10, 2010.
• The Jackets recorded their 1,000th point in franchise history (432-515-33-103 in 1,083 games) with a 4-1 win at Ottawa on Feb. 7.
• Columbus boasts the fifth-best power play in the NHL at 22.9 pct. (38-of-166), which would top the club record of 19.3 pct. (54-of-280/10th in NHL) set last season.
• The Jackets have racked up 324 man games lost to injury through 51 games and are on pace to finish the season with 521. The club has topped the 300-man games lost mark just twice previously in franchise history – 411 in 2011-12 and 343 in 2008-09.
• G Curtis McElhinney is 6-2-0 with a .933 save percentage and a 2.15 goals against average in his last eight starts dating back to Dec. 27, 2014. He has posted a .971 save percentage while allowing one goal in each of the last two games.
• C Ryan Johansen, who ranks 17th-T in the NHL in goals and 14th-T in points with 20-29-49 in 51 games, has scored 11 of his goals in the last 17 games. Johansen, who had a point in a franchise-best and NHL season-best 13-straight games (8-8-16) from Dec. 18-Jan. 17, is the only player in the NHL this season with two 10-game point streaks as he collected 5-8-13 in 10-straight from Oct. 9-31.
• LW Nick Foligno ranks 12th-T in the NHL in goals and 14th-T in points with 21-28-49 and has collected 3-1-4 in the last two games.
• RW Cam Atkinson, who leads the team with five game-winning goals, has 3-3-6 in the last six games.
• RW Jared Boll (0-2-2) is riding the third two-game point streak of his career (Feb. 6-7). His most recent streak was Jan. 18-20, 2009.
• C Mark Letestu (Feb. 3 vs. Arizona) and D James Wisniewski (Feb. 6 vs. St. Louis) each recently played in their 200th games as Blue Jackets.