THIS WEEK’S GAME/BROADCAST SCHEDULE (Times ET)
Monday, Feb.3 at Anaheim Ducks, Honda Center, 10 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Thursday, Feb. 6 at Los Angeles Kings, STAPLES Center, 10:30 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/ Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Friday, Feb. 7 at San Jose Sharks, SAP Center, 10:30 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
PRACTICE SCHEDULE, Feb. 4-8
Tuesday, Jan. 28: 2 p.m. – Honda Center, Anaheim, CA
Wednesday, Jan. 29: 12 p.m. PT – Anaheim Ice, Anaheim, CA
Thursday, Jan. 30: 11:30 a.m. PT – STAPLES Center, Los Angeles, CA
Friday, Jan. 31: 11:30 a.m. PT – SAP Center, San Jose, CA
Saturday, Feb. 8: Olympic Break Begins
LAST WEEK’S RESULTS
Jan. 27 at Carolina 3, COLUMBUS 2
(Umberger – G, 4 SOG; MacKenzie – G, 5 hits; Johansen – A, 3 takeaways; Goloubef – 3 blocked shots; Dubinsky – 12 faceoff wins)
Jan. 28, Ottawa 3 at COLUMBUS 2
(Atkinson – G, A; Wisniewski – G, A; Calvert – A, 4 SOG; Johnson – A, 5 blocked shots; Dubinsky – 15 faceoff wins, 2 takeaways)
Jan. 30 at COLUMBUS 5, Washington 2
(Bobrovsky – 30 saves; Johansen – 2G incl. 20th of 2013-14; Atkinson – G, A; Dubinsky – G, A, 10 faceoff wins; MacKenzie – G, 7 hits)
Feb. 1 at COLUMBUS 4, Florida 1
(Bobrovsky – 35 saves; Johansen – G, A. +3 rating; Jenner – G, A; Horton – 2A; Dubinsky – 15 faceoff wins; Murray – 3 blocked shots)
BLUE JACKETS AT A GLANCE
Record: 28-23-4 (60 pts.) – 3rd/Metropolitan Division… Home: 16-11-2 (34 pts.), Road: 12-12-2 (26 pts.).
Leading Scorers: C Ryan Johansen (22-20-42 in 55 GP)… C Brandon Dubinsky (12-24-36 in 49 GP)… D James Wisniewski (5-28-33 in 48 GP)… RWCam Atkinson (17-14-31 in 55 GP)… LW Nick Foligno (13-16-29 in 49 GP).
Goaltender Stats: Sergei Bobrovsky (19-13-2, 2.54 GAA, .916 SV%, 2 SO in 34 GP)… Curtis McElhinney (8-9-1, 2.80 GAA, .908 SV%, 2 SO in 22 GP).
OPPONENTS AT A GLANCE
ANAHEIM DUCKS – Record: 40-12-5 (85 pts.)… 1st/Pacific Division… Home: 22-3-2 (46 pts.)… Road: 18-9-3 (39 pts.).
Head Coach: Bruce Boudreau… Players to Watch: RW Teemu Selanne, C Ryan Getzlaf, RW Corey Perry
All-Time: CBJ, 23-21-4 (11-10-3 on the road)… The Jackets have won six of their last nine games at Honda Center… This season: Second of two meetings… Anaheim earned a 4-3 win in Columbus on Oct. 27.
LOS ANGELES KINGS – Record: 30-21-6 (66 pts.)… 3rd/Pacific Division… Home: 16-9-3 (35 pts.)… Road: 14-12-3 (31 pts.)
Head Coach: Darryl Sutter… Players to Watch: C Anze Kopitar, G Jonathan Quick, D Drew Doughty
All-Time: CBJ, 21-24-3 (8-15-1 on the road)… Columbus’ last win in Los Angeles was by a score of 1-0 on Jan. 7, 2012… This season: Second of two meetings… The Jackets captured a 5-3 victory over the Kings on Jan. 21 at Nationwide Arena.
SAN JOSE SHARKS – Record: 35-15-6 (76 pts.)… 2nd/Pacific Division… Home: 16-9-3 (35 pts.)… Road: 14-12-3 (31 pts.)
Head Coach: Todd McLellan… Players to Watch: C Joe Thornton, LW Patrick Marleau, C Logan Couture
All-Time: CBJ, 17-26-4 (4-17-2 on the road)… The Jackets have won their last four matchups with San Jose dating back to Feb. 21, 2012… This season: First of two meetings… Next game: Mar. 13 at Columbus.
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
· RW Marian Gaborik (broken collarbone; surgery on Dec. 24 and will be sidelined indefinitely)… RW Jared Boll (torn ankle tendon; Injured Reserve on Nov. 26, surgery on Dec. 16, expected to miss three to four months)… LW Blake Comeau (lower body; day-to-day)… Total Man Games Lost to Injury/Illness in 2013-14: 232
· The Blue Jackets are 11-4-0 since January 1, tying them with Anaheim for the second-best record in the NHL in that time (1st – Colorado, 11-3-1).
· Columbus finished in the Top 10 in the NHL in both power play (23.1%, 7th) and penalty kill (85.2%, 8th) for the month of January.
· The Blue Jackets currently rank seventh in the NHL in goals-per-game (2.89) and are on pace to score a franchise-record 237 goals this season (220, 2008-09).
· Columbus ranks fourth in the NHL in hits (1,661) and T-10th in team faceoff pct. (51.3).
· The NHL’s Olympic break will run from Feb. 8-25 with teams recommencing practice on Feb. 19. Five Blue Jackets players (Russia – Artem Anisimov, Sergei Bobrovsky, Nikita Nikitin and Fedor Tyutin; Slovakia – Marian Gaborik) will represent their countries at the Olympics, as will Head Coach Todd Richards (Asst. Coach, Team USA) and GM Jarmo Kekalainen (Asst. GM, Team Finland). More information on the NHL’s involvement with the Olympics can be obtained by clicking HERE.
· G Sergei Bobrovsky is 11-2-0 with a 2.04 goals-against-average and .934 save-percentage in his last 13 starts.
· C Derek MacKenzie has registered 4-2-6 and a +5 plus/minus rating in his last six games played.
· D James Wisniewski currently ranks eighth among NHL defensemen in points-per-game (0.69) and is tied for seventh among all league blueliners in power play points (17).
· C Ryan Johansen is currently T-18th in the NHL in goals (22). He is the 13th player in franchise history to score 20+ goals in a season and is on pace to become the third Blue Jacket to reach the 30 goal plateau.
· D Ryan Murray finished tied for first among all rookie NHL defensemen in January scoring (0-10-10). For the season he ranks third among first-year blueliners in blocked shots (85), fifth in TOI/game (20:09) and sixth in total points (19).
BLUE JACKETS FOUNDATION HOSTS BLACK TIE BLUE JACKETS STYLE SHOW ON CENTER ICE AT NATIONWIDE ARENA ON FEB. 25
For the eighth consecutive year, Columbus Blue Jackets players and their wives, along with local pediatric cancer heroes, will model the latest fashions in a charity style show to raise funds to support the fight against pediatric cancer. This year’s Black Tie Blue Jackets Style Show, presented by Medical Mutual of Ohio, is set for Tuesday, February 25 and will be staged once again on center ice at Nationwide Arena. The event will celebrate 11 local cancer patients this year, ranging in age between six and 14 years old. More information on this event can be obtained by clicking HERE.
WALGREENS 60 SECOND COUNTDOWN
Fans can visit their local Walgreens store or text ‘WALGREENS’ to 90561 to enter the Walgreens 60 Second Countdown. One contestant will be randomly selected for each remaining home game this season. The winner receives four tickets to a game and will walk away with $1,000 if a Blue Jackets player scores a goal in the last 60 seconds of the 2nd period.
TIM HORTONS COFFEE WITH THE COACH
Blue Jackets fans are now able to enter to win the opportunity to enjoy coffee and donuts with Head Coach Todd Richards at the Tim Hortons location at Nationwide Arena on Monday, March 17. More information on this promotion can be obtained by visiting BlueJackets.com/CoffeewithCoach.
CURRENT & UPCOMING PROMOTIONS
· Nationwide Insurance VIP Sweepstakes –
Nationwide Insurance is awarding a lucky sweepstakes winner with a special VIP Game Experience that includes four game tickets in the Nationwide Insurance Fan Lounge, a $50 food/beverage voucher, a jersey, puck, player photo, the chance to watch warm-ups from the team bench and a ride the Nationwide Zamboni during intermission. Fans can enter at www.BlueJackets.com/NationwideVIP
with winners selected for the following games – Mar. 21
vs. NY Rangers and Apr. 4
· Blue Jackets Fantasy Challenge –
The Blue Jackets are offering fans the chance to go behind the bench and make the calls the head coach makes through the Blue Jackets Fantasy Challenge. Fans can visit BlueJackets.com at the link below to register, pick their lineup and Join the Battle! Over 40 prizes will be awarded throughout the season including autographed pucks and jerseys, game tickets and a suite night! To play, click HERE
· Hollywood Casino Win & Get In to Play Poker with the Jackets –
Fans can win a chance to play poker with Blue Jackets players thanks to the Hollywood Casino Win & Get In promotion. Fans can text ‘HOLLYWOOD’ to 90561 to receive a bounce-back text with a special code and instructions to visit Hollywood Casino’s Player Services. Upon showing their unique code and registering as a Marquee Rewards Club member, each fan will receive one entry to win a chance to play poker with Blue Jackets players in February. Fans can enter between now and Feb. 9
to win a spot at the table. All fans must be 21 years of age or older. For more information, visit www.BlueJackets.com/Hollywood
STAY CONNECTED WITH THE JACKETS
· Single Game:
Tickets are on sale at the Big Lots Box Office at Nationwide Arena, FOX Sports Ohio Blue Line Team Stores at the Mall at Tuttle Crossing and OhioHealth Chiller Ice Rinks (Easton, Dublin, North) and all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers, by phone at (800) 745-3000
or online atwww.BlueJackets.com and www.Ticketmaster.com.
· Season & Group Tickets:
For information on full and partial season ticket plans starting at $15 per game and group tickets, call (614) 246-PUCK or (800) NHL-COLS or visit www.BlueJackets.com
· Huntington Green Seats: A minimum of 250 tickets are available for just $10 at the Big Lots Box Office at Nationwide Arena two hours prior to every home game.
· Papa John’s Rush CBJ student tickets: While supplies last, college and high school students can purchase tickets starting at $15 at the Big Lots Box Office beginning one hour prior to all home games. Limit two per person with valid student I.D.