Tuesday, Feb. 3 vs. ARIZONA COYOTES, Nationwide Arena, 7 p.m. – FOX Sports Ohio/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Friday, Feb. 6 vs. ST. LOUIS BLUES, Nationwide Arena, 7 p.m. – FOX Sports Ohio/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Saturday, Feb. 7 at Ottawa Senators, Canadian Tire Centre, 7 p.m. – FOX Sports Ohio/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
PRACTICE SCHEDULE, FEB. 3 - 9
Tuesday, Feb. 3: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Wednesday, Feb. 4: 11 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Thursday, Feb. 5: 10:30 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Friday, Feb. 6: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Saturday, Feb. 7: 11:30 a.m. ET – Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa (tentative)
Sunday, Feb. 8: No Practice Scheduled
Monday, Feb. 9: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
BLUE JACKETS AT A GLANCE
Record: 21-24-3 (45 pts.) – 7th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 10-12-2 (22 pts.)… Road: 11-12-1 (23 pts.)
Leading Scorers: C Ryan Johansen (19-26-45, 48 GP)… LW Nick Foligno (18-27-45, 47 GP)… LW Scott Hartnell (10-18-28, 43 GP)
Goaltenders: Sergei Bobrovsky (16-15-2, 2.85 GAA, .913 SV%, 1 SO, 33 GP)… Curtis McElhinney (5-8-1, 3.00 GAA, .907 SV%, 18 GP)
Last Week’s Results: 1-2-0… Jan. 27 – at CBJ 4, Washington 3... Jan. 29 – at Florida 3, CBJ 2… Jan. 31 – at Tampa Bay 3, CBJ 1.
THIS WEEK’S OPPONENTS
ARIZONA COYOTES – Record: 18-26-6 (42 pts.) – 6th/Pacific Division… Home: 9-12-3 (21 pts.)… Road: 9-14-3 (21 pts.)
Head Coach: Dave Tippett… Players to Watch: RW Shane Doan… D Keith Yandle… C Antoine Vermette
All-Time: CBJ, 19-25-6 (12-10-2, home)… CBJ have gone 6-4-0 vs. the Coyotes since 2011-12 and have won the last five meetings at Nationwide Arena since Feb. 25, 2011… This Season: Second of two meetings… Jan. 3 – at Arizona 6, CBJ 3.
ST. LOUIS BLUES – Record: 32-13-4 (68 pts.) – 2nd/Central Division… Home: 19-4-2 (40 pts.)… Road: 13-9-2 (28 pts.)
Head Coach: Ken Hitchcock… Players to Watch: C David Backes… RW Vladimir Tarasenko… LW Alexander Steen
All-Time: CBJ, 26-35-14 (17-13-7, home)… Home teams are 4-0-1 in the last five contests and 7-3-1 in the last 11 in the series… This Season: First of two meetings… Mar. 28 at St. Louis.
OTTAWA SENATORS – Record: 20-19-9 (49 pts.) – 6th/Atlantic Division… Home: 11-7-4 (26 pts.)… Road: 9-12-5 (23 pts.)
Head Coach: Dave Cameron… Players to Watch: D Erik Karlsson… F David Legwand… F Clarke MacArthur
All-Time: CBJ, 5-9-2 (2-5-1, road)… After winning four of the previous five meetings, Jackets are 1-5-0 in their last six vs. the Sens… This Season: Third of three meetings… Oct. 18 – at Ottawa 3, CBJ 2… Oct. 28 – Ottawa 5, at CBJ 2.
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
• INJURED RESERVE: RW Jeremy Morin (upper body, IR on Jan. 28) is out indefinitely… RW Brian Gibbons (knee, IR on Dec. 19) is expected to miss two to three weeks… LW Boone Jenner (back stress fracture, IR on Dec. 20) is expected to miss one to two months… G Sergei Bobrovsky (groin, IR retroactive to Jan. 21) is expected to miss four to six weeks… INJURED NON-ROSTER LIST: RW Nathan Horton (back, out indefinitely)… Man Games Lost to Injury: 306
NEWS & NOTES
• Columbus has posted a 15-9-1 record since the beginning of December, including a 7-4-1 mark at home and 8-5-0 on the road.
• The Jackets have killed off the last 16 penalties dating back to the second period of Jan. 19 at Minnesota (14 periods).
• The Jackets, who play three of their next four games against Western Conference opponents, are 8-9-0 against the West this season.
• Blue Jackets defensemen have netted the game-winner in six of the last eight Columbus victories.
• Columbus boasts the fifth-best power play in the NHL at 22.8 pct. (37-of-162), which would shatter the club record of 19.3 pct. (54-of-280/10th in NHL) set last season.
• Columbus has racked up 306 man games lost to injury through its first 48 games and is on pace to finish the season with 523. The club has topped the 300-man games lost mark just twice previously in franchise history – 411 in 2011-12 and 343 in 2008-09.
• C Ryan Johansen, who ranks 15th-T in the NHL in both goals and points with 19-26-45 in 48 games, has scored 10 of his team-leading 19 goals in the last 14 games. Johansen, who had a point in a franchise-best and NHL season-long 13-straight games (8-8-16) from Dec. 18-Jan. 17, is the only player in the NHL this season with two 10-game point streaks as he collected 5-8-13 in 10-straight from Oct. 9-31.
• Sitting ninth in the NHL in shooting percentage with 18.2 pct. and T-15th in points with 18-27-45, LW Nick Foligno has collected 2-11-13 in the last 15 games, including a career-high eight-game point streak (Dec. 27-Jan. 14).
• LW Scott Hartnell, who is four games shy of 1,000 in his NHL career, has picked up 2-7-9 in his last 12 games. Hartnell would become the third player to skate in his 1,000th NHL game while playing for the Jackets, joining forwards Sergei Fedorov (Nov. 30, 2005) and Vinny Prospal (Nov. 25, 2011).
• D Ryan Murray recorded his first point (assist) of the season Jan. 31 at Tampa Bay in his return to the lineup after missing the previous 36 games due to a knee injury.
• D David Savard has already set a career-high in goals, points and penalty minutes with 7-10-17 and 36 penalty minutes in 48 games.
• G Curtis McElhinney is 5-3-0 with a .921 save percentage and a 2.54 goals against average in his last eight starts dating back to Nov. 14, 2014.
• Friday, Feb. 6 vs. St. Louis – TIM HORTONS JACKETS PACK: This offer includes a ticket, $10 food & beverage voucher, Blue Jackets hat, Tim Hortons travel mug with a voucher redeemable for a free coffee fill-up and 10-pack of Timbits starting at $30 per person.
BUY A PEPSI, SAVE ON BLUE JACKETS TICKETS
Specially-marked Pepsi cans are in stores throughout Central Ohio now with a special offer to save $10 on select Blue Jackets tickets for all home games during February.
NATIONWIDE VIP SWEEPSTAKES
Nationwide is looking to reward three sweepstakes winners with a special Blue Jackets VIP Game Experience. The winners receive four tickets in the Nationwide Fan Lounge, a $50 food/beverage voucher, jersey, puck, player photo, Zamboni ride and the opportunity to watch pre-game warm ups from the Blue Jackets bench. One winner will be chosen for each of the following games – Feb. 9 vs. Los Angeles and Apr. 4 vs. Pittsburgh. To register, visit BlueJackets.com/NationwideVIP.
CONN’S LITTLE CHIP OF THE GAME
Fans can enter their child for the chance to be the Conn’s Little Chip of the Game and skate alongside the Blue Jackets starting line-up during select pre-game ceremonies. Additionally, each winning child will receive four tickets and the opportunity to meet a Blue Jackets player. Entry can be found at BlueJackets.com/LittleChip.
MARZETTI YOUTH HOCKEY MOM OF THE YEAR SEARCH IS UNDERWAY
Fans can nominate their favorite hockey mom at BlueJackets.com/HockeyMom as Marzetti will once again recognize a Hockey Mom of the Year. Six monthly winners will receive four tickets to an upcoming game, a $50 gift card and in-arena recognition throughout the season. A grand prize winner will be selected and receive four tickets and a limousine ride to a game, a meet and greet with a Blue Jackets player, a spa day for two, three months worth of groceries, a Marzetti’s gift basket and more.
BLUE JACKETS MEDIA GUIDE APP NOW AVAILABLE VIA iTUNES, GOOGLE PLAY
The 2014-15 Columbus Blue Jackets Interactive Media Guide is now available for free at the iTunes Store and Google Play as fans now can download the media guide to their computer, iPad, iPhone or Android device. The guide contains interactive player bios, as well as detailed team historical and updated statistical information, records and more.