Wednesday, Dec. 31 vs. MINNESOTA WILD, Nationwide Arena, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Saturday, Jan. 3 at Arizona Coyotes, Gila River Arena, 8 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Sunday, Jan. 4 at Colorado Avalanche, Pepsi Center, 8 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
PRACTICE SCHEDULE, DEC. 30-JAN. 5
Tuesday, Dec. 30: 10:30 a.m. ET – OhioHealth Ice Haus
Wednesday, Dec. 31: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Thursday, Jan. 1: 1:30 p.m. MT – Gila River Arena, Glendale, AZ
Friday, Jan. 2: 1:30 p.m. MT – Gila River Arena, Glendale, AZ
Saturday, Jan. 3: 11:30 a.m. MT – Gila River Arena, Glendale, AZ
Sunday, Jan. 4: 11:30 a.m. MT – Pepsi Center, Denver, CO
Monday, Jan. 5: No Practice Scheduled, Dallas, TX
BLUE JACKETS AT A GLANCE
Record: 15-16-3 (33 pts.) – 6th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 8-9-2 (18 pts.)… Road: 7-7-1 (15 pts.)
Leading Scorers: LW Nick Foligno (17-14-31, 33 GP)… C Ryan Johansen (9-22-31, 34 GP)… LW Scott Hartnell (8-11-19, 29 GP)
Leading Goaltenders: Sergei Bobrovsky (13-9-2, 2.69 GAA, .919 SV%, 23 GP)… Curtis McElhinney (2-6-1, 3.33 GAA, .898 SV%, 11 GP)
Last Week’s Results: 1-1-0… Dec. 22 – Nashville 5, at Columbus 1… Dec. 27 – at Columbus 6, Boston 2
THIS WEEK’S OPPONENTS
MINNESOTA WILD – Record: 16-13-4 (36 pts.) – 5th/Central Division… Home: 9-4-4 (22 pts.)… Road: 7-9-0 (14 pts.)
Head Coach: Mike Yeo… Players to Watch: LW Zach Parise… D Ryan Suter… RW Jason Pominville
All-Time: CBJ, 24-20-4 (15-7-1, home)… CBJ are 9-5-0 vs. Minnesota since Mar. 19, 2010, including three-straight wins… This Season: First of two meetings… Jan. 19 at Minnesota.
ARIZONA COYOTES – Record: 13-18-4 (30 pts.) – 6th/Pacific Division… Home: 6-8-3 (15 pts.)… Road: 7-10-1 (15 pts.)
Head Coach: Dave Tippett… Players to Watch: RW Shane Doan… D Keith Yandle… C Antoine Vermette
All-Time: CBJ, 19-24-6 (7-14-4, road)… CBJ have gone 6-3-0 vs. the Coyotes over the past three seasons and have won the last three meetings… This Season: First of two meetings… Feb. 3 at Columbus.
COLORADO AVALANCHE – Record: 13-14-8 (34 pts.) – 7th/Central Division… Home: 7-8-3 (17 pts.)… Road: 6-6-5 (17 pts.)
Head Coach: Patrick Roy… Players to Watch: RW Jarome Iginla… LW Gabriel Landeskog… C Matt Duchene
All-Time: CBJ, 13-31-5 (6-17-2, road)… CBJ are 11-11-3 vs. the Avs since 2007, including a 5-3-3 mark in the last 11 meetings… This Season: First of two meetings… Mar. 7 at Columbus.
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
• INJURED RESERVE: C Mark Letestu (groin, IR on Oct. 30; surgery on Dec. 2) is expected to miss six weeks… D Ryan Murray (knee, IR on Nov. 6 retroactive to Nov. 1) is week-to-week… C Artem Anisimov (torn triceps muscle, IR on Dec. 1) is expected to miss two to three months… RW Brian Gibbbons (knee, IR on Dec. 19) is expected to miss two to three weeks… LW Boone Jenner (back stress fracture, IR on Dec. 20) is expected to miss one to two months… INJURED NON-ROSTER LIST: RW Nathan Horton (back, out indefinitely)… Man Games Lost to Injury: 223
BLUE JACKETS MEDIA GUIDE APP NOW AVAILABLE VIA iTUNES,GOOGLE PLAY
The 2014-15 Columbus Blue Jackets Interactive Media Guide is now available for free at the iTunes Store and Google Play as fans now can download the media guide to their computer, iPad, iPhone or Android device. The guide contains interactive player bios, as well as detailed team historical and updated statistical information, records and more.
DECEMBER TO REMEMBER
• Columbus has posted a 9-1-1 record in December, including 5-1-1 at home and 4-0-0 on the road.
• December is the winningest month by percentage in club history regardless of the outcome of Wednesday’s game vs. Minnesota.
• The club record for wins in a month is 10 set in March 2013 (10-2-4, .750) and January 2014 (10-4-0, .715).
• The Blue Jackets have outscored the opposition 34 (3.09) to 26 (2.36) during the first 11 games of the month.
• Columbus has converted 9-of-32 power play opportunities (28.1 pct.) and killed off 35-of-39 opponent power play chances (89.7 pct. penalty killing).
• The Jackets have not allowed a power play goal since Dec. 11 at Washington in the first period (23-straight successful penalty kills).
NEWS & NOTES
• Following Wednesday’s game vs. Minnesota, the Blue Jackets embark on a four-game, nine-day road trip (Arizona, Colorado, Dallas, Toronto) that begins a stretch that has the club playing 9-of-13 January games on the road.
• Columbus has gone 11-3-3 in one-goal games this season. Its .647 winning percentage in those games ranks fifth in the NHL.
• The Jackets are 11-9-3 vs. Eastern Conference clubs (5-4-2 vs. Metropolitan Division, 6-5-1 vs. Atlantic Division).
• The Blue Jackets registered season highs for goals-scored and largest margin of victory in the 6-2 win over Boston on Dec. 27.
• Columbus has racked up 223 man games lost to injury through its first 34 games and is on pace to finish the season with 538. The club has topped the 300-man games lost mark just twice in franchise history – 411 in 2011-12 and 343 in 2008-09.
• Head Coach Todd Richards registered his 100th win with the club vs. Boston on Dec. 27. He has 100-86-19 since taking over behind the bench on Jan. 9, 2012 and ranks second on the club’s all-time wins list – Ken Hitchcock (125-123-36, 2006-10).
• LW Nick Foligno, who is expected to play in his 500th NHL game on Thursday vs. Minnesota, scored his team-leading 17th goal vs. Boston on Dec. 27 and has racked up 17-14-31 in 33 games to rank sixth-T in the NHL in goals, 20th-T in points and second in shooting percentage (23.0%). He is tied for the NHL lead in power play goals (nine) and is second-T in points (17).
• D Kevin Connauton collected a career-high 1-2-3 vs. Boston on Dec. 27 to give him 4-3-7 in his last eight games.
• C Ryan Johansen is among NHL leaders in points (31, 20th-T), assists (22, 15th-T), power play points (16, 4th-T), and power play assists (13, 2nd-T).
• LW Scott Hartnell had his third two-goal game of the season vs. Boston on Dec. 27 after missing five games due to injury.
• D Jack Johnson has collected 2-6-8 in his last nine games and ranks fifth-T in the NHL in power play assists with 12.
• C Brandon Dubinsky is one goal shy of 100 in his NHL career (99-188-287 in 506 games).
VOTE CBJ! – ALL-STAR FAN BALLOTING ENDS THURSDAY AT 11:59 PM
All-Star Weekend is coming to Columbus on January 24-25, 2015 and fan voting is underway now. Vote for your favorite Blue Jackets at www.nhl.com/votecbj to see them on the ice at the 2015 Honda NHL All-Star Game at Nationwide Arena on Sunday, January 25.
• Wednesday, Dec. 31 vs. Minnesota – NEW YEAR’S EVE - DISPATCH FAMILY VALUE PACK: This offer includes a game ticket, hot dog, Pepsi, popcorn, a voucher for a FREE Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream and OhioHealth Ice Haus Skate Pass starting at $30 per person. Also on this night, packages include a FREE pre-game skate in the OhioHealth Ice Haus from 4:30-6:30p.m.