Monday, Dec. 22 vs. NASHVILLE PREDATORS, Nationwide Arena, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/WWCD 102.5 FM
Saturday, Dec. 27 vs. BOSTON BRUINS, Nationwide Arena, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
PRACTICE SCHEDULE, DEC. 23-29
Tuesday, Dec. 23: No Practice Scheduled
Wednesday, Dec. 24: No Practice Scheduled
Thursday, Dec. 25: No Practice Scheduled
Friday, Dec. 26: No Practice Scheduled
Saturday, Dec. 27: 10 a.m. ET – Nationwide Arena
Sunday, Dec. 28: 11 a.m. ET – OhioHealth Ice Haus
Monday, Dec. 29: 10:30 a.m. ET – OhioHealth Ice Haus
BLUE JACKETS AT A GLANCE
Record: 14-15-3 (31 pts.) – 6th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 7-8-2 (16 pts.)… Road: 7-7-1 (15 pts.)
Leading Scorers: LW Nick Foligno (16-14-30, 31 GP)… C Ryan Johansen (9-20-29, 32 GP)… LW Scott Hartnell (6-11-17, 28 GP)-injured
Leading Goaltenders: Sergei Bobrovsky (13-8-2, 2.61 GAA, .921 SV%, 23 GP)… Curtis McElhinney (1-6-1, 3.46 GAA, .897 SV%, 9 GP)
Last Week’s Results: 2-0-1… Dec. 16 – CBJ 1, at Detroit 0 (SO), Dec. 18 – Washington 5, at CBJ 4 (OT), Dec. 20 – at CBJ 3, Chicago 2 (SO)
THIS WEEK’S OPPONENTS
NASHVILLE PREDATORS – Record: 21-8-2 (44 pts.) – 3rd/Central Division… Home: 12-2-1 (25 pts.)… Road: 9-6-1 (19 pts.)
Head Coach: Peter Laviolette… Players to Watch: D Shea Weber… G Pekka Rinne… C Filip Forsberg
All-Time: CBJ, 24-42-11 (16-16-5, home)… CBJ is 5-3-0 in the last eight meetings and 8-4-3 in the last 15 at Nationwide Arena… This Season: Second of two meetings… Nov. 29 – at NSH 2, CBJ 1.
BOSTON BRUINS – Record: 17-14-3 (37 pts.) – 5th/Atlantic Division… Home: 10-6-2 (22 pts.)… Road: 7-8-1 (15 pts.)
Head Coach: Claude Julien… Players to Watch: G Tuukka Rask… C Patrice Bergeron… D Zdeno Chara
All-Time: CBJ, 5-7-4 (3-4-2, home)… Jackets are 0-3-4 in the last seven meetings since a 3-2 win at Boston on Jan. 21, 2010… This Season: Second of three meetings… Nov. 21 – BOS 4, at CBJ 3 (SO)… Jan. 17 at BOS.
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT (subject to change)
• INJURED RESERVE: C Mark Letestu (groin, IR on Oct. 30; surgery on Dec. 2) is expected to miss six weeks… D Ryan Murray (knee, IR on Nov. 6 retroactive to Nov. 1) is week-to-week… C Artem Anisimov (torn triceps muscle, IR on Dec. 1) is expected to miss two to three months… LW Scott Hartnell (broken finger, IR on Dec. 12) is expected to miss two weeks… RW Brian Gibbbons (knee, IR on Dec. 19) is expected to miss two to three weeks… LW Boone Jenner (back stress fracture, IR on Dec. 20) is expected to miss one to two months… INJURED NON-ROSTER LIST: RW Nathan Horton (back, out indefinitely)… Man Games Lost to Injury: 209
BLUE JACKETS MEDIA GUIDE APP NOW AVAILABLE VIA iTUNES,GOOGLE PLAY
The 2014-15 Columbus Blue Jackets Interactive Media Guide is now available for free at the iTunes Store and Google Play as fans now can download the media guide to their computer, iPad, iPhone or Android device. The guide contains interactive player bios, as well as detailed team historical and updated statistical information, records and more.
STREAKING JACKETS WORKING OVERTIME, ENTER WEEK ON NINE-GAME POINTS STREAK
• Columbus has earned a point in all nine games played in December (8-0-1), including seven-straight wins from Dec. 1-16. It is already the second best December in franchise history, trailing only 2006’s finish (9-5-2; 20 points).
• The club record for consecutive games earning a point is 12 (8-0-4 from Feb. 26 to Mar. 22, 2013).
• The Jackets have played six consecutive games that have gone into overtime (5-0-1), which according to Elias Sports Bureau is one shy of the NHL record of seven (Edmonton, 2003-04 and Toronto, 2008-09).
• The streak is the second longest in franchise history, one short of a club-record eight-straight wins from Jan. 6-23, 2014.
• Four of Columbus’ last eight games have been decided in shootouts (4-0-0).
• The Jackets didn’t play their first overtime game until Nov. 7 (13th game) with their first shootout coming on Nov. 21 (19th game).
NEWS & NOTES
• The Jackets are in the middle of a five-game homestand that will conclude against Minnesota on New Year’s Eve and put a cap on the 2014 portion of the 2014-15 schedule.
• Columbus ranks fourth in the NHL with 999 hits, which is an average of 31.2 per game and has not been outhit in their last 16 games.
• The Blue Jackets have killed off 34-of-38 of their opponent’s attempts with the man advantage (89.4 pct.) over the last 11 games and 16-straight penalties dating back to the first period against Washington on Dec. 11.
• The Jackets are 11-3-1 when scoring the game’s first goal this season.
• Columbus has racked up 209 man games lost to injury through its first 32 games and is on pace to finish the season with 536. The club has topped the 300-man games lost mark just twice in franchise history – 411 in 2011-12 and 343 in 2008-09.
• G Sergei Bobrovsky went 2-0-1 with a 2.20 GAA and .935 SV% in three games last week, including his first shutout of the season at Detroit on Dec. 16, to extend his personal regulation unbeaten streak to nine games (8-0-1, 2.01 GAA and .940 SV%).
• LW Nick Foligno tallied 2-1-3 in three games last week to raise his season totals to a team-leading 16-14-30 in 31 games. He currently ranks sixth-T in the NHL in goals, 17th-T in points, first-T in power play goals (8) and third-T in power play points (16).
• D Kevin Connauton recorded a goal on Dec. 20 against Chicago and has posted 3-1-4 in the last six contests.
• C Ryan Johansen has collected four assists in the last six games, including helpers in two-straight. His 20 assists lead Columbus and are 15th-T in the NHL.
• D Fedor Tyutin recorded an assist Dec. 20 against Chicago and now sits in fifth place on the franchise’s all-time points list with 35-135-170, breaking a tie with former Blue Jacket Derick Brassard.
VOTE CBJ! – ALL-STAR FAN BALLOTING UNDERWAY
All-Star Weekend is coming to Columbus on January 24-25, 2015 and fan voting is underway now. Vote for your favorite Blue Jackets at www.nhl.com/votecbj to see them on the ice at the 2015 Honda NHL All-Star Game at Nationwide Arena on Sunday, January 25.
• Wednesday, Dec. 31 vs. Minnesota – NEW YEAR’S EVE - DISPATCH FAMILY VALUE PACK: This offer includes a game ticket, hot dog, Pepsi, popcorn, a voucher for a FREE Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream and OhioHealth Ice Haus Skate Pass starting at $30 per person. Also on this night, packages include a FREE pre-game skate in the OhioHealth Ice Haus from 4:30-6:30p.m.
JOHANSEN, FOLIGNO & CONNAUTON – YUENGLING CELEBRITY BARTENDER EVENT ON MONDAY, DECEMBER 29
Join Ryan Johansen, Nick Foligno and Kevin Connauton on Monday, December 29 at Pint House in the Short North for the third and final installment of Yuengling Celebrity Bartender. The event runs from 7 to 9 p.m. and all money from tips and the signed jersey auction will benefit the Columbus Blue Jackets Foundation.
CONN’S LITTLE CHIP OF THE GAME
Fans can enter their child for the chance to be the Conn’s Little Chip of the Game and skate alongside the Blue Jackets starting line-up during select pre-game ceremonies. Additionally, each winning child will receive four tickets and the opportunity to meet a Blue Jackets player. Entry can be found at www.BlueJackets.com/LittleChip.
KIA AND THE BLUE JACKETS WANT TO GIVE YOU THE CHANCE TO TAKE A SHOT ON BOB
Fans can enter now to win the opportunity to meet and take shots on Blue Jackets goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky following an upcoming team practice by entering the “Shots on Bob” contest via www.BlueJackets.com/Kia. In addition to the meet and greet and on-ice opportunity, three grand prize winners and their guests will each receive t-shirts and two tickets to an upcoming home game, while 10 consolation prize winners will also be awarded game tickets and a t-shirt.
MARZETTI YOUTH HOCKEY MOM OF THE YEAR SEARCH IS UNDERWAY
Fans can nominate their favorite hockey mom at www.BlueJackets.com/HockeyMom as Marzetti will once again recognize a Hockey Mom of the Year. Six monthly winners will receive four tickets to an upcoming game, a $50 gift card and in-arena recognition throughout the season. A grand prize winner will be selected and receive four tickets and a limousine ride to a game, a meet and greet with a Blue Jackets player, a spa day for two, three months worth of groceries, a Marzetti’s gift basket and more.
KENDA TIRES FOR TICKETS
Anyone who purchases Kenda Tires at a participating Tire Discounters location will receive a rebate that can be mailed in with their sales receipt to receive a corresponding number of tickets to one of the following CBJ home games – Feb. 6 vs. St. Louis, Mar. 3 vs. Washington or Mar. 24 vs. Anaheim. Buy four tires, receive four tickets. The offer is good throughout the month of November.