In celebration of the season, the Columbus Blue Jackets Foundation presents the "Lady Jackets Holiday Auction," a signature event during which the wives and girlfriends of players, coaches and team personnel offer auction packages featuring one-of-a-kind items and experience packages. The fundraiser, which runs December 15-21, will benefit Lady Jackets charitable initiatives within the Columbus community, and the Blue Jackets Foundation's mission to support local youth health and wellness organizations.
Highlights of auction experiences include the following:
- Escape room experience with Oliver Bjorkstrand & Scott Harrington at Breakout Games in Grandview
- Wine tasting dinner with Cam Atkinson & Zach Werenski at The Wine Bistro in Upper Arlington
- Round of golf with Gus Nyquist at New Albany Country Club
- Meet David Savard at High Bank Distillery, part of a basket of offerings that represents some of his Columbus favorites
- Watch the Jan. 14 game vs. Boston in a private loge box, catered with Foligno's Favorite Papa John's pizzas, and meet Nick Foligno postgame
- Private skills clinic for a squirt or pee wee hockey team at Nationwide Arena under the direction of the Jackets' assistant coaches and featuring an appearance by Head Coach John Tortorella
- Wine tasting party with CBJ hockey operations management (Jarmo Kekalainen, Bill Zito, Basil McRae, Josh Flynn, Chris Clark, Rick Nash) at The Twisted Vine in Grandview
- Multiple packages contain game tickets and postgame meet & greets with players including Josh Anderson, Pierre-Luc Dubois, Boone Jenner, Seth Jones, Dean Kukan, Sonny Milano, Ryan Murray and Riley Nash
Other unique packages include a basket of Scandinavian foods representing the favorite treats of Joonas Korpisalo (Finland), Markus Nutivaara (Finland), Alexander Wennberg (Sweden) and Oliver Bjorkstrand (Denmark). Fans may also bid on a one-of-a-kind collection of CBJ-themed ornaments personally decorated by Emil Bemstrom, Scott Harrington, Joonas Korpisalo, Markus Nutivaara and Alexander Wennberg.
The team's training staff contributed a hat trick of gifts with three autographed items, three sets of home game tickets (and a bonus pair of tickets to the Feb. 22 road game at Nashville), three $100 gift cards for spending money in Nashville and three apparel items.
This year's auction also features 23 original pieces of player-painted art and one created by Stinger. The framed holiday-themed pictures, along with auction baskets, will be on display at the Blue Jackets Foundation kiosk during home games on Dec. 16, 19 and 21. Click on photo galleries one and two to check out the players with their paintings.
Mobile bidding for all auction items opens at noon on December 15 and runs through the second intermission of the December 21 home game vs. New Jersey. Fans may text CBJAUCTION to 52182 or visit cbjauction.givesmart.com to participate.