EDITOR'S NOTE: This is our weekly look around the #CBJ community to see what's being talked about, debated, and highlighted by the greatest fans in the National Hockey League. Have a suggestion or submission for next week's edition? Hit up @RobMixer on Twitter and let him know.
As we gear up for another Front Street Friday this afternoon, we're going to take our weekly spin around the #CBJ community and see what everyone's talking about. Fan events, open houses, blog topics, you name it and we'll probably touch on it at some point.
Before we get into the links, here are a couple of notes from your friends at the Blue Jackets:OPEN HOUSE/SELECT A SEAT
The annual Blue Jackets Open House and select-a-seat event is coming up, so you'll want to mark your calendars accordingly. This year's open house takes place on Saturday, July 27 and the doors open at 12 p.m. Fans will have every opportunity to learn about ticket packages for the 2013-14 season, chat with ticket representatives and check out the view from their potential seats.
In addition, there will also be player autographs, locker room tours, games and more. You won't want to miss it. Get all the details by clicking here
NHL SCHEDULE & THE OLYMPICS
Ah, the topic du jour. We still don't have an official date or time for the release of the NHL schedule, but deputy commissioner Bill Daly told NHL.com yesterday that all announcements are pending a completed agreement on Olympic participation. For the full story, click here
.And now, for this week's links...
- If you're looking for information on the fourth edition of Cannonfest, Matt Wagner and the guys at SB Nation's Cannon blog have everything you'll need right here
- A couple of links from the Union & Blue blog this morning: Mark Zahnle talks about the "new age"
of Blue Jackets hockey and Mark Huss reflects on the 2013 offseason
- Mark Erickson from HashtagCBJ.com goes in-depth this week
and looks at waiver exemptions under the new CBA, as well as which Blue Jackets players fall under different waiver categories.
- Alison Lukan from The Union Blue and FOX Sports Ohio went behind-the-scenes during development camp and got the scoop on prospects cooking class
, what they learn from the team's culinary staff, and why the Blue Jackets implement off-ice classes into camp.
- Tom from the Dark Blue Jacket has more information on Cannonfest
, and also a RSVP form for fans looking to attend this year's event.