EDITOR'S NOTE: This is our weekly look around the #CBJ community to see what's being talked about, debated, and highlighted by the greatest fans in the National Hockey League. Have a suggestion or submission for next week's edition? Hit up @RobMixer on Twitter and let him know.
Happy Friday once again, friends.
It was great to see so many of you at the Select-A-Seat open house last weekend. Fun day, too, with a great turnout and some autographs with Nikita Nikitin, Mark Letestu and head coach Todd Richards. You can really sense the hockey buzz starting to percolate around this town, and as of today, we're about six weeks from the start of training camps around the NHL.
We're here - as we are each Friday morning - to recap the latest and greatest content from the Blue Jackets online community. The blogs, fan sites, Twittersphere, and more...there was surprisingly a lot to talk about over the past seven days and the aforementioned anticipation for training camp might have something to do with that.
Another note: the Blue Jackets will be well-represented at the upcoming World Junior evaluation camps in Lake Placid, N.Y. over the next couple of weeks. It's a four-team camp (U.S., Canada, Sweden, Finland) and several top Blue Jackets prospects will be in attendance.
Kerby Rychel and Dillon Heatherington will be present for the Canadian camp, and both players could very well find themselves on the final roster in December. Oscar Dansk, Alexander Wennberg and Daniel Zaar are heading to camp with Sweden, and goaltender Joonas Korpisalo is going to attend Finland's camp. Might we see all of these players at the upcoming World Junior in Malmo, Sweden? There's a pretty good chance, but we'll have to wait and see how it shakes out.Let's get right into: here are the latest links from the past week...
- Leading it off: we somehow overlooked this item in previous editions of the spotlight, but Jeff Little from The Union Blue has a solid analysis of the Blue Jackets' 2013-14 schedule
and how they can succeed in the Metropolitan Division.
- Public service announcement: the fourth edition of Cannonfest is coming up in just a few weeks! This year's event is being held at the Buffalo Wild Wings location on Bethel Rd. and promises to be the best yet. Here's everything you need to know about Cannonfest
- The team over at Union & Blue examines a trio of Blue Jackets players who are in line for better seasons
- One more from Union & Blue, courtesy of Mark Huss: he breaks down the contenders for gold at the 2014 Olympic Winter Games
- Rick Gethin from FOXSportsOhio.com begins a three-part discussion with Blue Jackets head coach Todd Richards, talking all things schedule, the upcoming season, moving to the East, getting more offense and a whole lot more. Read the first installment right here