EDITOR'S NOTE: This is our weekly look around the #CBJ community to see what's being talked about, debated, and highlighted by the greatest fans in the National Hockey League. Have a suggestion or submission for next week's edition? Hit up @RobMixer on Twitter and let him know.
Smile fifth liners, it’s Friday!
With no hockey being played at Nationwide Arena during the month of May, the offseason has officially begun, but that doesn’t mean the hockey stops around the world for Blue Jackets prospects and current players.
There’s still a lot to talk about around the hockey world. The IIHF World Championships are going on in Belarus where Sergei Bobrovsky and Artem Anisimov (Russia), Tim Erixon (Sweden) and Thomas Larkin (Italy) are competing for their countries, while Kerby Rychel and the Guelph Storm had a storybook ending to their league season, culminating with a Robertson Cup (OHL) victory this past week and a berth in the MasterCard Memorial Cup that begins today in London, Ont.
Here are this week’s links…
- ESPN’s John Buccigross says that the time has now come for the two most recent expansion teams in Columbus and Minnesota. This is a must-read.
- Here’s an outlook on Ryan Johansen’s bright future in Columbus, courtesy of “Hooked on Hockey Magazine”
- Alison Lukan from FOX Sports Ohio wrote about the growing popularity in the Columbus community for Blue Jackets players and staff.
- The Union Blue also talked about Kerby Rychel’s outstanding OHL playoffs and how Blue Jackets fans should keep a close eye on his development.
- Sergei Bobrovsky has been playing alongside Artem Anisimov for Team Russia in the IIHF World Championships in Belarus; the Union & Blue blog says that Bob has been strong for the Russians.
See you next Friday - same time, same place!