EDITOR’S NOTE: This is our weekly look around the #CBJ community to see what’s being talked about, debated, and highlighted by the greatest fans in the National Hockey League. Have a suggestion or submission for next week’s edition? Hit up @RobMixer on Twitter and let him know.
The shortened work week is over with, and it’s Friday (again)!
Well, you’ve survived the first full month of the Blue Jackets’ offseason. Everyone wants to see hockey in Columbus again, but there is still much to talk about surrounding the Blue Jackets organization, although no skating is being done on the ice surface in Nationwide Arena.
By a lot, we do mean a lot. Todd Richards received a contract extension, Sergei Bobrovsky and Artem Anisimov won gold at the IIHF Worlds, Tim Erixon received bronze at worlds, Josh Anderson and Kerby Rychel both competed in the Memorial Cup, and much more…
Here are this week’s links…
- TSN's Scott Cullen said this about what the Blue Jackets' off-season gameplan should be.
- Yahoo Sports’ “Buzzing the Net” blog wrote about Kerby Rychel’s emotional loss in the Memorial Cup finals.
- SI.com’s FanSided bloger Mike Majeski thinks the Todd Richards contract extension shows that the Blue Jackets have moved on from the rebuilding phase to the building phase as a club.
- Alison Lukan from Fox Sports Ohio wrote about Kerby Rychel and Josh Anderson facing off in the Memorial Cup tournament last week.
- See who you should get to know, as ISports wrote about the top five prospects in the Blue Jackets’ system right now.
- While looking ahead to the Sabres’ second overall pick in this year’s draft, Sabre Noise talks about Ryan Murray, the Blue Jackets’ 2nd overall selection in 2012.