Monday, February 18 vs. Anaheim Ducks, Honda Center, 10:00 p.m. – FOX Sports Ohio /Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Thursday, February 21 vs. Detroit Red Wings, Joe Louis Arena, 7:30 p.m. – FOX Sports Ohio /Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Saturday, February 23 vs. St. Louis Blues, Scottrade Center, 8:00 p.m. – FOX Sports Ohio /Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Sunday, February 24 vs. Chicago Blackhawks, United Center, 7:00 p.m. – FOX Sports Ohio / CD102.5 FM
LAST WEEK’S RESULTS
Feb. 16: Columbus 3 at Phoenix 5 (Boll– G, A; Calvert– G; MacKenzie– G; Tyutin– 5 hits, 2 blocked shots, 26:08 TOI; Mason– 30 saves)
Feb. 15: Columbus 1 at Los Angeles 2 (Foligno– G, 3 hits; B. Dubinsky– A, 11 FOW; Johnson– A, 25:15 TOI; Bobrovsky– 20 saves)
Feb. 11: San Jose 2 at Columbus 6 (Dubinsky– G, A, 10 FOW; Calvert– 2A; Foligno– 2A; Johnson– A, 5 SOG; Mason – 25 saves)
BLUE JACKETS AT A GLANCE
Record: 4-9-2 (10 pts.) – 5th/Central Division, 15th/Western Conference… Home: 3-4-2 (8 pts.)… Road: 1-5-0 (2 pts.)
Leading Scorers: D Fedor Tyutin (1-9-10, 15 GP)… C Brandon Dubinsky (1-7-8, 15 GP)… C/LW Derick Brassard (2-6-8, 15 GP)
Goaltenders: Sergei Bobrovsky (2-4-2, 2.86 GAA, .898 SV% in 8 GP)… Steve Mason (2-5-0, 3.00 GAA, .900 SV% in 8 GP)
DUCKS AT A GLANCE
Record: 11-2-1 (23 pts.)… Head Coach: Bruce Boudreau
Players to Watch: RW Teemu Selanne, C Ryan Getzlaf, RW Corey Perry
CBJ Record All-Time Series: 21-19-4 (10-9-3 on the road)… CBJ won their last game at ANA, 3-2 in overtime on Feb. 3, 2012.
This Season: First of three meetings… Next game is March 31 at Columbus.
RED WINGS AT A GLANCE
Record: 7-6-2 (16 pts.)… Head Coach: Mike Babcock
Players to Watch: C Pavel Datsyuk, G Jimmy Howard, LW Henrik Zetterberg
CBJ Record All-Time Series: 20-39-12 (7-23-4 on the road)… CBJ has taken 3 of 4 points from DET thus far in 2012-13, earning a 4-2 win on Feb. 2 after falling 4-3 in a shootout on Jan. 21.
This Season: Third of five meetings… Season series will wrap up with a home-and-home battle during the weekend of March 9-10.
BLUES AT A GLANCE
Record: 9-5-1 (19 pts.)… Head Coach: Ken Hitchcock
Players to Watch: C David Backes, D Kevin Shattenkirk, RW T.J. Oshie
CBJ Record All-Time Series: 25-32-13 (9-19-7 on the road)… CBJ won their last game at STL, 5-2 on March 31, 2012.
This Season: Second of four meetings… STL earned a 4-1 win at CBJ on Jan. 31… Next game is Friday, April 6 at STL.
BLACKHAWKS AT A GLANCE
Record: 12-0-3 (27 pts.)… Head Coach: Joel Quenneville
Players to Watch: RW Patrick Kane, C Jonathan Toews, RW Marian Hossa
CBJ Record All-Time Series: 28-34-8 (13-18-3 on the road)… CBJ’s last win at the United Center came on Feb. 18, 2011 (4-3).
This Season: Second of four meetings… CHI earned a 3-2 win at Nationwide Arena on Jan. 26… Next game is March 1 at CHI.
PRACTICE SCHEDULE, FEB. 19-FEB. 25
Tuesday, Feb. 19: No Practice Scheduled
Wednesday, Feb. 20: 10:30 a.m. ET – OhioHealth Ice Haus
Thursday, Feb. 21: 11:30 a.m. ET – Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI
Friday, Feb. 22: TBD
Saturday, Feb. 23: 11:30 a.m. CT – Scottrade Center, St. Louis, MO
Sunday, Feb. 24: 11:30 a.m. CT – United Center, Chicago, IL
Monday, Feb. 25: No Practice Scheduled
OhioHealth INJURY REPORT
· C. Atkinson (day-to-day, lower body injury); placed on Injured Reserve retroactive to Jan. 23 on Jan. 26
· B. Dubinsky (day-to-day, lower body injury)
· A. Anisimov (day-to-day, lower body injury)
2012-13 Man Games Lost to Injury: 31
NEWS & NOTES
CBJ currently leads the NHL in fighting majors (18) and ranks 2nd in PIM (262)
CBJ currently ranks 3rd in the Western Conference in total team hits (368)
CBJ currently ranks 7th in the Western Conference in PK% (83.6)
CBJ has the fewest giveaways of any team in the NHL (57, 15 fewer than 2nd place STL)
F. Tyutin is currently T-5th in the NHL's defensive scoring race (1G-9A-10P)
J. Johnson leads the NHL in both TOI/game (27:35) & total TOI (413:49) and is T-6th in SOG by a defenseman (36)
J. Boll leads the NHL in fighting majors (7) and ranks 2nd in PIM (65)
M. Letestu is T-8th in the NHL in shooting % (25.0)
MATTHEWS CALLS 1000th GAME, SET TO BE HONORED ON FEB. 26
Blue Jackets radio play-by-play announcer George Matthews called his 1,000th National Hockey League game this past Saturday, February 16 when Columbus visited the Phoenix Coyotes at Jobing.com Arena. Matthews has served as the radio play-by-play voice of Blue Jackets hockey since the inaugural 2000-01 season. His first broadcast was a preseason game against the Pittsburgh Penguins from Mellon Arena on Sept. 15, 2000 and he has called nearly every preseason and regular season game in franchise history, as well as the club’s 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs series against Detroit. The team will recognize Matthews’ milestone with a pre-game ceremony at Nationwide Arena on Tuesday, February 26 when the club returns home to host the Dallas Stars.
UPCOMING GAME NIGHT PROMOTIONS
· SUNDAY, MARCH 3 VS. COLORADO AVALANCHE - DISPATCH FAMILY VALUE PACK: This package is available for Saturday and Sunday games starting at $25 per person and includes one AEP Power Level (upper bowl) ticket, one hot dog, one Pepsi, one popcorn, and one OhioHealth Ice Haus skate pass. A lower bowl package is available for $59 per person.
· Huntington Green Seats: A minimum of 250 tickets are available for just $10 at the Big Lots Box Office at Nationwide Arena two hours prior to every home game.
· Papa John’s Rush CBJ student tickets: While supplies last, college and high school students can purchase tickets for $15 (AEP Power Level) and $25 (Lower Level) at the Big Lots Box Office beginning one hour prior to all home games or online most game days at 12 p.m. at www.BlueJackets.com/Rush. Limit two per person with valid student I.D.
· Military Appreciation Offer – Active members of the armed services may present current military identification at the Big Lots Box Office at Nationwide Arena to redeem a pair of complimentary tickets for any game this season.
BLACK TIE BLUE JACKETS STYLE SHOW SET FOR WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 27
· For the seventh consecutive year, Columbus Blue Jackets players and their wives/girlfriends, along with local pediatric cancer heroes, will model the latest fashions in a charity style show to raise funds to support the fight against pediatric cancer. This year’s Black Tie Blue Jackets Style Show, presented by Kelly BMW and Capital Style, is set for Wednesday, February 27 and will be staged once again on center ice at Nationwide Arena. The event will celebrate 10 local cancer patients this year, ranging in age between four and 16 years old. For more information, visit www.bluejacketsfoundation.org.
AEP ENERGY ULTIMATE FAN SWEEPSTAKES
· Fans that enroll with AEP Energy for electricity savings at www.aepretailenergy.com/bluejackets will be entered for the chance to win four tickets in the Time Warner Cable HD Lounge, dinner, watch warm-ups from the penalty box, and receive a Zamboni® ride and an autographed jersey when the Blue Jackets host the Anaheim Ducks on March 31.
FOX SPORTS OHIO “ANAHEIM ADVENTURE SWEEPSTAKES” presented by COLUMBIA GAS
· FOX Sports Ohio and Columbia Gas will send one lucky fan and a guest on the road with the Blue Jackets. Fans are invited to enter the Anaheim Adventure Sweepstakes presented by Columbia Gas by watching Jackets games on FOX Sports Ohio and looking for a keyword to enter at www.BlueJackets.com/AnaheimAdventure or text to 90561. Qualifying winners will be chosen following each game broadcast during the month of February. Each will win an autographed puck and one grand prize winner will be selected and recognized in-arena on Mar. 19 to receive a three-night trip to California including airfare, two tickets to see the Blue Jackets vs. Ducks on Apr. 17, hotel accommodations and $400 spending cash.
WIN JACKETS TICKETS AND PAPA JOHN’S PIZZA PARTY AT WORK
· During the current season, fans can enter to win 20 tickets to one of the following Blue Jackets home games – Feb. 26 vs. DAL, Mar. 5 vs. EDM, Mar. 19 vs. NSH, Apr. 7 vs. MIN and Apr. 27 vs. NSH – and can score a free Papa John’s Pizza Party at their office. Contest entry can be found at www.BlueJackets.com/PapasPizzaParty. All winning offices will have their Papa John’s Pizzas and tickets delivered by Stinger.
NATIONWIDE VIP EXPERIENCE
· Nationwide Insurance will award a lucky sweepstakes winner a special VIP Game Experience at one of the following Blue Jackets remaining home games – Mar. 14 vs. CHI, Mar. 19 vs. NSH or Apr. 12 vs. STL. The winner will receive tickets in the Nationwide Fan Lounge, $25 food/beverage voucher, $50 FOX Sports Ohio Blue Line gift card and a variety of special, behind-the-scenes experiences. Entry can be found at www.bluejackets.com/nationwidevip.
BLUE JACKETS ON TV & RADIO
· FOX Sports Ohio: Game night coverage includes the BLUE JACKETS LIVE pre- (begins 30 minutes prior to the start of each game) and post-game shows… BLUE JACKETS SLAP SHOTS gives fans an up close look at the club, its players, coaches and personalities on and off the ice and airs each Monday at 6 p.m.
· 97.1 The Fan: SUNDAY MORNING SKATE can be heard on the Columbus Blue Jackets Radio Network and Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan on Sundays from 10 to 11 a.m… THE COACH’S SHOW with Todd Richards airs on Wednesdays from 7 to 8 p.m. (time and day subject to change).
STAY CONNECTED WITH THE JACKETS
· OFFICIAL WEBSITE: For the latest news and exclusive team content, visit www.BlueJackets.com.
· TWITTER: Follow us at www.twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL.
· FACEBOOK: “Like” us at www.facebook.com/OfficialColumbusBlueJackets.
· YOUTUBE: Check out great videos at www.YouTube.com/BlueJacketsNHL.
· CBJ TEXT ALERTS: For scores, news, and special offers, text “GoCBJ” to 90561 or visit www.BlueJackets.com/CBJTextAlerts.
· Single Game: Tickets starting at $26 are on sale at the Big Lots Box Office at Nationwide Arena, FOX Sports Ohio Blue Line Team Store at the Mall at Tuttle Crossing and OhioHealth Chiller Ice Rinks (Easton, Dublin, North) and all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers, by phone at (800) 745-3000 or online at www.BlueJackets.com and www.Ticketmaster.com.
· Season & Group Tickets: For information on full and partial season ticket plans starting at $15 per game and group tickets, call (614) 246-PUCK or (800) NHL-COLS or visit www.BlueJackets.com.