Columbus Blue Jackets (2005-06: 35-43-4, 74 pts./3rd Place in Central Division)Date (Opponent/Arena) Time (ET)Television/Radio Information
Fri, Oct. 6 vs. VANCOUVER CANUCKS/Nationwide Arena at 7 p.m. on FSN Ohio/WBNS-AM 1460 the Fan, CD101.1 FM
Sat., Oct. 7 at Chicago Blackhawks/United Centerat 8:30 p.m. on FSN Ohio/WBNS-AM 1460 the Fan, CD101.1 FM
OPPONENTS AT A GLANCE
Team (Record/Standing - 2005-06) Players to Watch
Vancouver Canucks (42-32-8, 92 pts./4th Northwest Division):G Roberto Luongo, LW Markus Naslund
Chicago Blackhawks (26-43-13, 65 pts./4th Central Division): G Nikolai Khabibulin, LW Martin Havlat
THIS WEEK'S PRACTICE SCHEDULE
Mon., Oct. 2: No Practice Scheduled
Tue., Oct. 3: Practice-Dispatch Ice Haus at 10:30 a.m.
Wed., Oct. 4: Practice-Dispatch Ice Haus at 10:30 a.m.
Thu., Oct. 5: Practice-Dispatch Ice Haus at 10:30 a.m.
Fri, Oct. 6: Practice-Nationwide Arena at 10 a.m.
Sat., Oct. 7: Practice-United Center at 11 a.m. (CT)
Sun., Oct. 8: Practice-Dispatch Ice Haus at TBA
Practices last 60-90 minutes with media availability following.
Practices in the Dispatch Ice Haus are open to the public.
RECENT TRANSACTIONS: Oct. 2 – Assigned RW Steve Goertzen to Syracuse (AHL)… Sept. 30 – Assigned G Ty Conklin to Syracuse (AHL)… Sept. 28 – Re-signed RW Nikolai Zherdev to a three-year contract… Assigned D Kris Russell to Medicine Hat (WHL)… Sept. 27 – D Rostislav Klesla suspended two games by the NHL for hit in Sept. 22 game vs. Chicago. He will miss the first two regular season games.
OhioHealth INJURY REPORT: C Sergei Fedorov (shoulder injury, Sept. 19 vs. Buffalo) is expected to miss four to six weeks… C Alexander Svitov (shoulder injury, Sept. 24 vs. Carolina) is expected to miss two to three weeks.
- The Blue Jackets went 4-3-0 in the preseason, including 3-1-0 at home and 1-2-0 on the road.
The club’s 4-3-0 record marked its second winning preseason in six years (6-3-0 in 2002-03).
- Rookie C Geoff Platt (4-3-7, 4 GP), LW Rick Nash (3-2-5, 3 GP) and LW Alexandre Picard (3-2-5, 5 GP) led the club.
- G Pascal Leclaire went 3-0-0 with a 1.20 goals-against average and .957 save percentage, stopping 67-of-70 shots.
SEASON OPENING NOTES
- Columbus has posted a 1-3-1 mark in its previous five season-openers, including 1-1-1 at home.
- Columbus has opened the past two seasons on the road, suffering a 3-2 loss at Washington on Oct. 5, 2005 and a 2-1 setback at Atlanta on Oct. 9, 2003.
- The Blue Jackets earned a 2-1 win over Chicago on Oct. 10, 2002, and earned a 3-3 tie vs. St. Louis on Oct. 4, 2001, after dropping a 5-3 decision to Chicago in their inaugural game on Oct. 7, 2000.
- he club is 2-2-1 all-time in home-openers.
- The Jackets’ best record in October came in 2002 when they went 3-5-1.
OPENING NIGHT FEATURES
The special Opening Night Pre-game Show will begin at 6:45 p.m. and will include the introduction of the 2006-07 Blue Jackets and new Ohio Junior Blue Jackets USHL team, pre-game performance by street musicians turned national touring act – The Bucket Boys – and intermission performances by rising country music star Taylor Swift and the National Anthem will be performed by Marti Dodson, lead singer of Universal recording artist Saving Jane.
All fans in attendance will receive a 2005-06 Blue Jackets and Junior Blue Jackets magnetic schedule, courtesy of Donatos.
Tickets are still available for opening night. Log onto www.BlueJackets.com or www.Ticketmaster.com for information.
CBJ NEWS & NOTES
- Three players are expected to make their Blue Jackets debuts this week – LW Fredrik Modin and G Fredrik Norrena (both acquired from Tampa Bay in Marc Denis trade) and RW Anson Carter (signed as a free agent after spending last season with Vancouver).
- RW David Vyborny enters the season as the franchise leader in goals (90), assists (137), points (227) and games played (395) and joins D Rostislav Klesla as the only two players remaining from the club’s inaugural 2000-01 season opening game vs. Chicago.
- C Sergei Fedorov enters the season ranked 10th among active players and 56th in NHL history in points with 443-620-1,063 in 1,055 games.
- D Bryan Berard is two points shy of 300 in his NHL career (71-227-298 in 554 games).
- RW Anson Carter is nine goals shy of 200 and seven points shy of 400 in his NHL career (191-202-393 in 610 games).
- D Adam Foote is five assists shy of 200 in his NHL career (61-195-256 in 864 games).
- RW David Vyborny is five games shy of 400 in his NHL career.
Oct. 9 vs. Phoenix– Dispatch/Mix 97.1 Family Night: Receive four tickets, four hot dogs, four Pepsis, four popcorns, four UDF ice cream cone coupons and four Dispatch Ice Haus skating passes. Packages start at $88… Jackets Night Out: Receive two tickets, two Donatos pizzas and two beers for $50. Log on to www.BlueJackets.com for information.
BLUE JACKETS ON THE RADIOThe Doug MacLean Show airs on WBNS Sports Radio 1460 The Fan on Wednesdays from 3 to 4 p.m. with the Blue Jackets President and General Manager, FSN Ohio’s Jeff Rimer and WBNS Radio's Bruce Hooley.
Between the Pipes with the Blue Jackets can be heard on the Blue Jackets Radio Network and AM flagship station Sports Radio 1460 The Fan on Sundays from 10 to 11 a.m. with hosts Mark Wyant and members of the Blue Jackets broadcast team.
Individual game and group tickets for Blue Jackets games at Nationwide Arena are on sale now at the Nationwide Arena Ticket Office, the Chiller Easton, the Chiller Dublin and Chiller North, all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers, by phone at (614) 431-3600 or via the internet at www.BlueJackets.com and www.Ticketmaster.com.
For information on season tickets or group tickets, call (614) 246-PUCK or (800) NHL-COLS.
Huntington Green Seats: A minimum of 250 tickets are available for just $10 at the Nationwide Arena Box Office two hours prior to every home game.