COLUMBUS, OHIO — The Columbus Blue Jackets wrap up the 2008-09 regular season on Saturday, April 11 with a 7 p.m. contest against the Minnesota Wild on Fan Appreciation Night. All fans in attendance will receive a team poster courtesy of Cartridge World. Festivities will also include numerous prize giveaways, a video salute to the fans and the chance to win a game-worn jersey directly from a Blue Jackets player on the ice immediately following the game.
In addition to the randomly selected "Jersey Off Our Backs" winners who will accept the game-worn jersey from a player, the Blue Jackets Foundation is selling raffle tickets for the chance to win previously game-worn jerseys. The Foundation's winners will also have the opportunity to collect their jerseys from their respective players on the ice following the game. The $10 raffle tickets will be sold at the Foundation table behind section 111 or any of the other eight locations throughout the arena.
Some of the other prizes up for grabs during Fan Appreciation Night include the following:
- (4) Blackberry Storms & 4 VZW t-shirts courtesy of Verizon Wireless
- (1) Set of 10 pairs of tickets to select 2009-10 Blue Jackets home games courtesy of The Columbus Dispatch
- (1) Bud Light mirror courtesy of Columbus Distributing Co./Anheuser-Busch
- (1) Portable DVD player courtesy of Pepsi
- (1) Burritos for a year courtesy of Chipotle
- (1) Sugardale beef franks for a year courtesy of Sugardale
- (60) AAA annual memberships courtesy of AAA
- (10) $5 Skyline Chili gift cards courtesy of Skyline Chili
- (200) free bowling vouchers courtesy of Columbus Square Bowling Palace
- (1) Free plumbing for a year courtesy of Waterworks
This game also marks the culmination of the Donatos/QFM96 "Destinationwide" contest in which one lucky fan in attendance will win a pair of tickets to every Nationwide Arena event for a full year.
The Blue Jackets return to action tomorrow when they visit the St. Louis Blues. Face-off at Scottrade Center is set for 8:30 p.m. ET. Live coverage on FOX Sports Ohio will begin with the Blue Jackets Live pre-game show starting at 8 p.m. The game also will be broadcast live on the Wheeling Island Hotel Casino Blue Jackets Radio Network and flagship stations WBNS-AM/Sports Radio 1460 The Fan and WWCD-FM/CD101 beginning at 8 p.m.
Individual game tickets for all first round home playoff games at Nationwide Arena will go on sale Saturday, Apr. 11 at 9 a.m. Tickets will be on sale at the Nationwide Arena Ticket Office, all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers, the FOX Sports Ohio Blue Line at The Mall at Tuttle Crossing, online at BlueJackets.com and www.ticketmaster.com, or by phone at (800) 745-3000.