Blue Jackets Summer Takeover
Blue Jackets Summer Takeover is a free hockey education and interactive clinic offered to day camps in Franklin and contiguous counties from May to August. Summer Takeover exposes campers to the game of hockey in a fun and educational atmosphere. The street hockey clinics, geared towards campers ages 6-12, will focus on the hockey fundamentals of stick handling, passing and shooting. Through the program campers are educated on the rules of the game and the importance of teamwork, respect and responsibility. The Blue Jackets provide all necessary equipment and instruction at no charge.
A typical Blue Jackets Summer Takeover visit consists of the following over the course of a 60-minute clinic.
- Introduction: Blue Jackets staff will give an overview of the clinic, brief history of the Columbus Blue Jackets and character expectations.
- Stick Handling: Campers will be taught the basics of stick handling through practice drills and a competitive obstacle course.
- Passing: After instruction from Blue Jackets staff, campers will work together to practice passing. Drills will challenge campers to pass accurately while stationary and on-the-move.
- Shooting: Campers will learn the mechanics behind a wrist shot and have the opportunity to shoot on net.
- Q and A: As time allows campers can ask Blue Jackets staff questions related to hockey and the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Our 2017 summer schedule is full, please click here to be contacted
when registration opens for Summer 2018.
Sights from the Blue Jackets Summer Takeover