•Ranked second overall among OHL defensemen with 50 assists and was the only
defensemen during the 2007-08 season to lead his team in points with 61 (11-50-61).
• Was one of five draft eligible players nominated for the OHL's 2008 Red Tilson Memorial Trophy for most outstanding player – Josh Bailey (Windsor), Drew Doughty (Guelph), Jared Staal (Sudbury) and Steven Stamkos (Sarnia) are also nominees.
• Participated in the CHL Top Prospects Game and the OHL All-Star Classic in 2008.
• Attended Cushing Academy for the 2004-05 and 2005-06 seasons where former NHL All-Star
Ray Bourque was an assistant coach. He played alongside his older brother, Aaron, as well as
Bourque’s son, Ryan -- Aaron Bogosian is currently a freshman at St. Lawrence University.
• His father, Ike, was co-captain of the 1981 Syracuse University football team along with former
New York Giant great Joe Morris and his uncle was an All-American football captain at West Point.
• Played for the Massena Minor Hockey Association from the age of three until he was 14.
HE SAID IT
On his style of play and his competitiveness: “I think my strengths are skating and my
(physical) strength. I like to play defense, but I do like to play offense, too. I'm not afraid to get a
little nasty and play physical. I don't accept losing very well. I'm not a poor sport, but I definitely
take things to heart and I hate losing . . . I try to win all my battles, if I lose one, I try to get back out htere and do it again and hoopefully I'll come out on top."
THEY SAID IT
Petersburg Petes head coach Vince Malette: “Zach is a very physical defenseman who is a
complete player. He’s solid defensively and at the same time he can skate with the puck and
never loses any speed when he has the puck. He is very competitive and that separates him from
other defensemen in the league.”