Wed., Feb. 9: Houston Aeros 4 vs. IceHogs 1:
- Jeff Taffe scored Rockford’s lone goal, his team-leading 14th of the season.
- The Aeros scored four straight markers in the win.
- Alec Richards
made 27 saves in the loss.
Fri., Feb. 11: IceHogs 5 at Texas Stars 6 (OT):
- Rockford battled back from a 4-1 first period deficit and earned a point in the overtime loss.
- Five different IceHogs tallied goals including Igor Makarov, Peter LeBlanc, Ben Smith, Rob Klinkhammer and Brandon Bollig.
- The Stars got the overtime game-winner from Greg Rallo with 3.3-seconds left in the extra session.
Sat., Feb. 12: IceHogs 1 at Texas Stars 2:
- Ryan Potulny scored for the IceHogs, but it wasn’t enough in the 2-1 defeat.
- Alec Richards made 24 saves in the loss.
- The IceHogs held Texas to 1-7 on the power play and killed of two 5-on-3 power plays.
Sun., Feb. 13: IceHogs 2 at Milwaukee Admirals 5:
- The IceHogs tied a franchise record by giving up five-first period goals.
- Kyle Beach and Jeff Taffe notched goals in the loss.
- Rockford held Milwaukee to three total shots on goal in the second and third periods combined.
- Forward Jeff Taffe notched a goal in Rockford’s 5-2 loss to Milwaukee on Sunday and extended his point streak to seven-straight contests.
- Taffe tied the team’s season-long point streak he set from Dec. 2 to Dec. 18, 2010.
- Taffe earned his first recall of the season, winning two faceoffs and logging 4:05 of ice time in Chicago’s 3-2 shootout loss on Saturday.
- He became the 11th different IceHogs player recalled to Chicago this season.
- The IceHogs allowed five-first period goals to Milwaukee on Sunday, matching an IceHogs franchise record for most goals allowed in a single period.
- The last time the IceHogs let in five goals in one period came on Jan. 7, 2009 in a 6-5 loss at Grand Rapids.
- Winger Igor Makarov flipped in his sixth goal of the season just 34-seconds into Friday’s tilt against Texas, marking the quickest strike of the season for Rockford.
- The IceHogs held Texas 1-for-7 on the man advantage on Saturday.
- The seven power plays against ties a season-high, set twice on Jan. 2 against Oklahoma City and Oct. 16 at Abbotsford.
- Rockford begins a four-game home stand on Wednesday and will have a busy stretch of hockey, playing 14 games in 25 days.
Veteran forward Jeff Taffe continued his hot stretch and extended his point streak to seven-straight games, tying the team’s season long mark he set from Dec. 2 to Dec. 18, 2010. Taffe recorded four points (2g-2a) in three games for Rockford in Week 19 and leads the team with 35 points and 16 goals. The 29 year-old tallied a goal in Rockford’s 4-1 loss on Wednesday and had a marker on Sunday in the IceHogs 5-2 loss to Milwaukee. Taffe also added two helpers on Friday as the Hogs came up short, 6-5, in Texas. The Hastings, Minn. native also received his first recall of the season as he logged 4:05 of ice time in Chicago’s 3-2 shootout loss to Phoenix on Saturday.
A Look Ahead To Week 19:
Wednesday, Feb. 16 vs. Peoria, 6:35 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 18 vs. Chicago, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 19 vs. Houston, 7:05 p.m.
Catch The IceHogs In Action:
Listen To The IceHogs on-line at www.wnta.com or on www.icehogs.com.
Watch on-line through www.ahllive.com.
For tickets call (815) 968-5222 or visit www.metrocentre.com.