- Rookie winger Brandon Pirri
turned in his first career multi-goal game.
- Hannu Toivonen made 32 saves in the loss.
- Peoria scored the go-ahead goal with 3:06 remaining in regulation.
Friday, Jan. 28: IceHogs 2 at Grand Rapids 5:
- Ryan Potulny notched his first two-goal game of the season.
- Rockford had a six-game, 25 straight penalty kill streak come to an end.
- The regulation loss marked Rockford’s first against Grand Rapids in 11 games.
Saturday, Jan. 29: Milwaukee Admirals 3 vs. IceHogs 2 (OT):
- Mathis Olimb tied the game late in the third period and added an assist in Rockford’s overtime loss.
- Jeff Taffe scored his team-leading 13th goal of the season.
- The road team has won all five games in the season series so far between Rockford and Milwaukee.
- The IceHogs had a six-game, 25-straight penalty kill streak come to an end on Friday in Grand Rapids.
- Rockford’s penalty kill has killed off 93.5% of the opponents power plays over their past eight games.
- Over Rockford’s past four contests, the IceHogs power play has converted 5-22 (22.7%) after going 2-39 (5.1%) over their previous nine games.
- Saturday’s crowd marked the IceHogs third sellout of the season and second in as many home games.
- Rockford’s attendance is 12.34% ahead of last season’s pace after 25 home games.
- The IceHogs are stuck in a season-low five-game winless streak (0-4-1-0).
- Winger Mathis Olimb has points in four straight games, totaling 1g-4a-5pts dating back to 1/21/11.
- Winger Rob Klinkhammer became the second IceHogs skater in the team’s 12-year history to attempt two penalty shots in one season when he was awarded a penalty shot on Saturday.
- Rockford has had three penalty shots this season and have missed on all three attempts and have missed nine of their 11 penalty shots since joining the AHL.
- Rockford has outshot their opponents in 12 of their last 13 games, but have a record of just 5-7-1-0 during that stretch.
- The only game in that stretch in which Rockford was outshot, (1/15/11 at Chicago) the IceHogs won the contest.
Forward Mathis Olimb chipped in a point in all three of Rockford’s games during Week 17. Olimb opened the week with an assist on Tuesday in Rockford’s 3-2 loss at Peoria. Then on Friday, Olimb helped on another Rockford tally before turning in his fourth multi-point game of the season on Saturday against Milwaukee. Olimb’s late third period goal against the Admirals forced overtime and helped end Rockford’s four-game regulation losing streak.
A Look Ahead To Week 18:
Friday, Fri. 4 at Milwaukee, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 5 vs. Abbotsford, 7:05 p.m.
Catch The IceHogs In Action:
Listen To The IceHogs on-line at www.wnta.com or on www.icehogs.com
Watch on-line through www.ahllive.com
For tickets call (815) 968-5222 or visit www.metrocentre.com