Wed., Dec. 15: Chicago Wolves 4 vs. IceHogs 2:
- Peter LeBlanc
tapped in his third goal of the season with a power play marker.
- The 4-2 loss snapped a season-long five game unbeaten streak for Rockford.
Fri., Dec. 17: Chicago Wolves 2 vs. IceHogs 3:
- IceHogs goaltender Alec Richards made 38 saves on 40 shots and was named the first star of the game.
- Rookie forward Peter LeBlanc extended his goal-scoring streak to three games as he chipped in a goal and assist.
- Jeff Taffe notched his team-leading ninth goal of the season.
Sat., Dec. 18: Lake Erie Monsters 1 vs. IceHogs 2 (OT):
- Jeremy Morin tied the contest at 1-1 with 14 seconds left in the game with a power play tally.
- Peter LeBlanc gave the IceHogs the 2-1 win 53 seconds into the overtime period.
- Rockford’s penalty kill unit held Lake Erie off the board on four chances.
- Rookie forward Peter LeBlanc extended his goal scoring streak to four straight games, with the overtime game winning goal in Rockford’s 2-1 win on Saturday.
- LeBlanc has now recorded six points (5g-1a) in six games for the IceHogs since being recalled from the Toledo Walleye on Dec. 6.
- Prior to Saturday’s game, the Hogs were 0-5-0-2 when tied after two periods of play.
- The IceHogs won their first contest after being tied heading into the final frame on Saturday.
- Rockford is 3-1-1-1 after six games in their season-long seven-game homestand.
- Center Jeff Taffe saw his team season-high seven-game point streak come to an end after being held scoreless on Saturday.
- Taffe accumulated 10 points (4g-6a) during his hot stretch.
- Rockford’s penalty kill unit was successful during week 11, killing off 9-of-10 penalties (90%).
- Rockford has already matched a season-high four wins (4-1-1-2) in the month of December with two games left.
Peter LeBlanc, Center
Rookie center Peter LeBlanc extended his team-high goal scoring streak to four games after adding a marker in all three of Rockford’s contests in Week 11. LeBlanc helped propel Rockford over Chicago on Friday when he chipped in a goal and an assist in the IceHogs 3-2 win. Then he followed it up on Saturday with the overtime game winner in Rockford’s 2-1 win against Lake Erie. The Hamilton, Ontario native has recorded six points (5g-1a) in six games for the IceHogs since being recalled from Toledo on Dec. 6.
A Look Ahead To Week 12:
Sunday, Dec. 26 vs. Milwaukee, 7:05 p.m.
Catch The IceHogs In Action:
Listen To The IceHogs on-line at www.wnta.com or on www.icehogs.com
Watch on-line through www.ahllive.com
For tickets call (815) 968-5222 or visit www.metrocentre.com