Wed., Jan. 12: Houston Aeros 4 vs. IceHogs 2:
- Rob Klinkhammer and Ryan Potulny scored for Rockford in their loss to Houston.
- Alec Richards
made 18 saves in the defeat.
Fri., Jan. 14: Texas Stars 1 vs. IceHogs 3:
- Kyle Beach, Jeremy Morin and Ryan Potulny notched goals to help lead Rockford to the win.
- Hannu Toivonen made 29 saves to earn the win in net.
- The victory marked Rockford’s second straight win over Texas on home ice after losing their previous seven contests against the Stars at the MetroCentre.
Sat., Jan. 15: IceHogs 1 at Chicago Wolves 0:
- Hannu Toivonen picked up his second 1-0 shutout of the season, making 32 saves.
- Kyle Beach score the game’s lone goal at 9:38 of the third period.
- The win was just the fifth in 21 games at the Allstate Arena, including the playoffs.
- Hannu Toivonen picked up his second 1-0 shutout of the season on Saturday, making 32 saves against Chicago.
- Rockford has been involved in three 1-0 games this season and is 2-1-0-0 in those contests.
- Combined with Alec Richards' two shutouts, Rockford has four overall on the season after posting two all of last season.
- Toivonen has given up two or fewer goals in seven of his last eight outings and one or fewer in six of eight dating back to 12/15/10.
- During that eight game stretch, Toivonen is 5-2-0-0 with a .950 SPCT and a 1.34 GAA.
- Rockford’s win in Chicago on Saturday marked just the fifth win at the Allstate Arena for Rockford in 21 games, including the postseason.
- Kyle Beach, who had the lone tally in Saturday’s 1-0 win, is riding a four-game point streak, totaling 3g-2a-5pts.
- The IceHogs begin Week 16 two-games over .500 for the first time this season.
- Rob Klinkhammer failed to convert on Rockford’s second penalty shot of the season on Saturday against Drew MacIntyre. MacIntyre is the first goalie to face two penalty shots against the IceHogs as he stopped Rockford’s Pete MacArthur on 3/27/10 in Chicago’s 3-0 win at the MetroCentre.
- The IceHogs have converted just two of their 10 penalty shots during their AHL era.
- The IceHogs penalty kill unit has not allowed a power play marker in Rockford’s last two contests (0-11) and just one in their last four (1-15) for a kill percentage of 93.3%.
Goaltender Hannu Toivonen helped Rockford take two out of three games in Week 15, including a 1-0 shutout on the road against the Chicago Wolves on Saturday. Toivonen turned away 29-of-30 shots faced on Friday against Texas to earn the 3-1 win, his eighth on the campaign. The Hattula, Finland native followed Friday’s performance up with his second shutout of the season in a 1-0 blanking of the Wolves at the Allstate Arena. The net minder stopped 61 pucks on 62 attempts to earn a save percentage of .984 and a goals against average of .50 in Week 15.
A Look Ahead To Week 15:
Monday, Jan. 17, vs. Houston, at 3:05 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 21, vs. Oklahoma City, at 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 22, vs. San Antonio, at 7:05 p.m.
Catch The IceHogs In Action:
Listen To The IceHogs on-line at www.wnta.com or on www.icehogs.com
Watch on-line through www.ahllive.com
For tickets call (815) 968-5222 or visit www.metrocentre.com