Each week, the Blackhawks Blog will give you five stats you need to know about the Blackhawks this season.
1. Thurday night’s overtime victory at Columbus marked the 11th game for Chicago this year that has progressed past regulation.
Chicago has earned an 8-3 record in those contests (4 OTW, 4 SOW). The Blackhawks have advanced to seven shootouts this season, posting a 4-3 record in those games.
2. Patrick Kane set up Johnny Oduya'S goal on Thursday night with his 400th career NHL point (140G, 260A).
The assist was his team-leading 17th of the season. The Buffalo native also scored the game-deciding goal in the shootout and is tied for the NHL lead with three game-deciding goals this season.
3. Patrick Kane has earned at least one point in 21 of 27 games this season.
Kane leads the Blackhawks with 31 points (14G, 17A) and has registered eight multi-point outings.
4. The Blackhawks employ the top two takeaway leaders in the league.
Jonathan Toews leads the league with 34 takeaways and teammate Marian Hossa is close behind with 31. Patrick Kane’s 25 takeaways are good for eighth-most in the NHL.
5. Niklas Hjalmarsson has earned a +12 rating, best among Blackhawks defensemen.
Hjalmarsson tallied his fifth assist of the season on Thursday night, and has earned two assists and a +4 rating over his last five games.