The Fifth Annual Blackhawks Convention kicks off today at the Hilton Chicago! Over the course of five years, there have been plenty of moments fans and players alike will never forget. With that in mind, here is The Friday Five: Top Convention Moments edition.
1. Jonathan Toews is named the 34th captain of the Blackhawks on July 28, 2008.
The announcement was made during the opening ceremony of the first Blackhawks Convention. Toews became the third-youngest player to earn that distinction in the history of the National Hockey League.
2. Eddie Olczyk soaks Denis Savard with a pitcher of cold water during the 2011 Blackhawks Convention.
The two were having some fun with each other when Eddie took the non-traditional route when cooling off Savy.
3. Patrick Kane lights the goal lamp during the opening ceremony of the 2010 Blackhawks Convention after winning the Stanley Cup.
With all of the chaos on the ice after Kane scored the Stanley Cup-winning goal, the goal light never went on. Eddie Olczyk let Kane do the honor of lighting the lamp himself.
4. Blackhawks announce the organization will retire jersey No. 3 in honor of defensemen Keith Magnuson and Pierre Pilote on July 18, 2008.
Magnuson and Pilote joined Glenn Hall (1), Bobby Hull (9), Denis Savard (18), Stan Mikita (21) and Tony Esposito (35) as the only players to have their jersey numbers retired in the history of the franchise.
5. The Stanley Cup is presented at the 2010 Blackhawks Convention.
Can't get more memorable than that.