Each week, the Blackhawks Blog will give you five stats you need to know about the Blackhawks this season.
1. The Blackhawks killed off all 17 of Minnesota’s power plays in the Western Conference Quarterfinal series.
The penalty kill was a perfect 2-for-2 in Game 5. Chicago remains the only team in the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs that hasn't allowed a power-play goal.
2. Andrew Shaw scored the first postseason goal of his NHL career on Thursday night.
Shaw’s second period tally was his fourth point of the playoffs. “Mutt” enters the second round of the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs with points in back-to-back games (1G, 1A).
3. Marian Hossa led the Blackhawks with two goals in Game 5 of the Western Conference Quarterfinals.
Hossa added an assist for a team-high three points (2G, 1A) on Thursday night, bringing his career playoff point total to 103 (39G, 64A). The veteran has points in three straight games (2G, 3A).
4. Patrick Sharp found the back of the net for the second straight game and fifth time this postseason.
The Thunder Bay, Ontario, native leads the Blackhawks with six points (5G, 1A) and five goals.
5. Duncan Keith earned a team-high two assists in Thursday’s Western Conference Quarterfinal win.
The new dad now has five points (1G, 4A) in the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs.