Each week, the Blackhawks Blog will give you five stats you need to know about the Blackhawks this season.
1. Brandon Saad ranks third among league rookies in points (23) and shares second in assists (14).
The Pittsburgh native has 20 points (6G, 14A) in his last 20 contests and leads rookie forwards with a +14 plus/minus rating.
2. Jonathan Toews leads the Blackhawks and shares fifth in the league with a +23 plus/minus rating.
The 24-year-old recorded his 400th NHL game on Tuesday in Minnesota and has accrued a +109 plus/minus rating in his impressive young career.
3. Patrick Kane is just the second American-born player to score at least 20 goals in each of his first six seasons.
The Buffalo native is one of just 10 players to record at least 65 points in each of the last five seasons and one of six players to record at least 40 assists in each of those years.
4. The Blackhawks rank second in the league with 124 goals scored and a 3.18 goals-per-game average.
The team leads the NHL with 79 goals against and is first in goals against per game (2.03).
5. Two of Ray Emery’s last three starts have been shutouts.
Emery notched 20 saves on Tuesday night against the Minnesota Wild. It was his third shutout of the season and 14th of his career.