The Chicago Blackhawks and the Chicago Blackhawks Foundation will host the organization's third annual "Blackhawks Foundation Night" game on Sunday, December 8, as the team takes on the Arizona Coyotes at 6 p.m.
Foundation Night, generously presented by Jersey Mike's, celebrates the Blackhawks Foundation's commitment to giving back to the Chicagoland community. In dedicating an entire game to the cause, the Foundation will raise awareness and funding for the educational programming it provides, the children and families it serves and the grant recipients it supports. Additionally, NBC Sports Chicago, the exclusive local television home for Blackhawks hockey, has partnered with the team to feature Blackhawks Foundation initiatives and community partners throughout the evening's broadcast.
All proceeds from Foundation Night activities directly benefit the Blackhawks Foundation, the Blackhawks' official charitable arm that works to create a healthier, smarter, more secure world for families in and around Chicago. By providing access to programming and resources, the organization strives to make a positive impact focused on health & wellness, education, youth engagement and family services in addition to growing the great game of hockey.
There are several opportunities for fans both at the game and at home to support the cause and help make a difference in our community:
- Donate-to-Win - all fans who make a donation at Blackhawks.com/donate now through Sunday, Dec. 8, will be entered to win an autographed jersey of their choice. Five lucky donors will be selected.
- $100,000 Split-the-Pot Jackpot - Blackhawks Split-the-Pot will guarantee a $100,000 minimum total jackpot, with raffle tickets available for purchase online now at Blackhawks5050.com and in-arena on Dec. 8. One lucky fan will win half of the proceeds, selected at the conclusion of the Foundation Night game.
- Experiential Silent Auction - fans can bid on more unique items than a traditional game night including VIP game experiences, the opportunity to shoot-the-puck, custom video messages, a center-ice photo and more. The auction is now open at Blackhawks.givesmart.com or by texting "BLACKHAWKS" to 52-182, with final bids selected during the third period on Foundation Night.
Fans attending the game can also contribute by participating in the following in-arena fundraisers and drives:
- Alumni Autograph Signing - Patrick Sharp and Chris Chelios will sign autographs together from 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. in the Atrium for fans who make a $50 donation (per item).
- Foundation Garage Sale - highly-discounted Blackhawks items including hats, scarves, sweaters, infant clothing, jewelry and more will be on-sale in the Atrium during pregame.
- Charity T-shirt - a limited-edition t-shirt will be available for a $25 donation in the Atrium and in-arena Blackhawks Stores, while supplies last.
- Winter Gear Drive - fans are encouraged to bring new or like-new coats and other winter gear in youth sizes to the collection bins near Gates 2, 3, 4 (Atrium), 6 and 7, which will be given to Cradles to Crayons, an organization that distributes everyday essentials to local children in need.
Additionally, youth participants in the Blackhawks Foundation's new afterschool art program, Hawks HeART, painted the ONE GOAL letters that will be on display in the Atrium on Foundation Night, and fans are encouraged to show their support by sharing their photos on social media using #BlackhawksGive. Hawks HeART guides students through artistic and creative exercises to design a personal logo that reflects their individuality and future goals. Collectively, Blackhawks Foundation programs served more than 113,000 Chicagoland youth last season.
Video: Dach's painting skills
For more information about Foundation Night - including official contest rules and auction terms - please visit Blackhawks.com/Donate. Fans can also learn more about the Chicago Blackhawks Foundation by visiting Blackhawks.com/Foundation or downloading a copy of the 2018-19 Community Report.