On Mondays, chicagoblackhawks.com will highlight players who stood out for their minor-league, junior, college or European teams in the previous week's action. All prospect/system stats will be updated weekly throughout the season.
1st Star: LW John Dahlstrom, Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL)
The Line: 3GP, 4G, 3A
Dahlstrom helped the Medicine Hat Tigers log a comprehensive 10-3 victory over the Kootenay Ice last Wednesday with his first Western Hockey League hat trick and an assist. The 2015 seventh-round pick added a goal and a helper two nights later in a 4-1 win at Kootenay, before posting his eighth assist of the season the next night in an 8-5 loss to Regina. Dahlstrom has 13 points in 11 games in his first season of North American hockey.
2nd Star: C Anthony Louis, Miami of Ohio (NCHC)
The Line: 2GP, 3G, 1A
After being held without a goal in his first three games of the season, Louis broke through for Miami last weekend, helping the RedHawks go 1-0-1 against Maine. The 2013 sixth-round selection tallied twice in a 3-3 tie on Friday (Maine won the shootout), then picked up a goal and an assist the next night in a 5-0 win. Louis also racked up 15 shots on goal and continues to lead the team with 25 SOG and rank fifth in the nation with 5.0 shots/game.
3rd Star: D Carl Dahlstrom, Rockford IceHogs (AHL)
The Line: 3GP, 2G, 1A
Dahlstrom opened his American Hockey League scoring ledger last weekend as the Rockford IceHogs swept their three-in-three. The 2013 second-round pick tallied his first North American goal in a 3-2 shootout win over Milwaukee on Saturday, then recorded a goal and a helper the next night in a big 5-2 win over the Cleveland Monsters. Dahlstrom logged seven shots on goal in the three games.
Around the system:
- Defenseman Andreas Soderberg recorded a goal and two assists in two outings with IK Pantern in Sweden's Allsvenskan last week; he now has four points in 12 games this season.
- Radovan Bondra had his five-game point streak snapped early last week, but recovered with a three-point effort (1G, 2A) in Vancouver's 5-4 loss to Tri-City on Sunday. The 2015 fifth-round selection continues to pace the Giants with 14 points in 13 games ... Alex DeBrincat picked up points in all three of Erie's games last week, scoring twice and adding two helpers. He has 19 points and a team-best 43 SOG in nine games this season, and has been held off the scoresheet just once ... Graham Knott collected three assists in a 6-5 loss to Erie last Wednesday and now has 12 points (3G, 9A) in eight games.
- Senior forward Chris Calnan got on the board for Boston College, pitching in a goal and an assist in a 6-1 win over Holy Cross on Saturday ... Northeastern junior Dylan Sikura scored his first goal of the season on the power play in a 5-2 win over Arizona State ... Liam Coughlin also notched his first tally of the year with the game-winner for Vermont over Nebraska-Omaha on Saturday ... Jack Ramsey opened the scoring for Minnesota with his first goal of the season in a 3-2 loss to St. Cloud State on Saturday.
- Defenseman Chad Krys collected his first collegiate points in Boston University's 7-0 win over Sacred Heart on Friday ... Vermont freshman Jake Massie logged his first point in the NCAA with an assist in Saturday's win over UNO ... Blake Hillman assisted on the game-winning goal for Denver in a 2-1 result over Michigan State on Friday ... Omaha junior Luc Snuggerud netted his second goal of the season on the power play in Omaha's 4-4 tie against Vermont on Friday.
- Matt Tomkins started and won both games for Ohio State last weekend, saving 55 of 60 shots as the Buckeyes swept Bowling Green with scores of 5-4 and 6-1. The senior netminder is 2-0-2 this season with a .936 SV% and a 1.71 goals-against average.
- Spencer Abbott notched two goals in three games for Rockford last week, including the game-winner over Cleveland on Sunday ... Martin Lundberg scored his first two AHL goals over the weekend, including the game-winner over Grand Rapids on Friday ... Kyle Baun registered a goal and an assist on Sunday vs. Cleveland ... Mark McNeill tallied in regulation on Saturday against Milwaukee and added the game-deciding shootout conversion ... Tanner Kero picked up a pair of helpers over the weekend; he shares the team lead with three points in five games this season ... Luke Johnson collected his first professional point with an assist on Sunday.
- Defensemen Viktor Svedberg, Erik Gustafsson and Ville Pokka each tallied two assists in three games last week ... Rockford's goaltending has been a strong point so far this season, and Mac Carruth (27 saves on 29 shots on Sunday) and Lars Johansson (.952 save percentage over two games, named First Star of the Game in both starts) continued to put forth solid showings.