On Mondays, chicagoblackhawks.com will highlight players who stood out for their minor-league, junior, college or European teams in the previous week's action. All prospect/system stats will be updated weekly throughout the season.
1st Star: LW Alexandre Fortin, Rouyn-Noranda Huskies (QMJHL)
The Line: 3GP, 2G, 5A
Alexandre Fortin has begun the new year impressively, putting together a three-game point streak that netted seven points (2G, 5A) last week. The 19-year-old, who was signed as a free agent in September, was named First Star of the Game in Rouyn-Noranda's 5-2 win over Quebec last Wednesday after posting a goal and an assist; he added three points in a big 8-2 win over the same team on Friday, and rounded out the week with a pair of assists in a 4-3 win over Gatineau on Sunday. Fortin now has 27 points in 27 games this season, eighth on the Huskies.
2nd Star: C Anthony Louis, Miami of Ohio (NCHC)
The Line: 2GP, 1G, 3A
Louis extended his point streak to five games, contributing four points last weekend to help Miami sweep St. Cloud State in a conference matchup. The senior forward collected a goal and an assist in Friday's 3-2 win, then added two helpers the next night in a 4-1 victory. Louis, a 2013 sixth-round pick, paces the RedHawks with 14 assists, 83 shots on goal and 25 points in 20 games this season.
3rd Star: LW Tyler Motte, Rockford IceHogs (AHL)
The Line: 4GP, 3G, 1A
Tyler Motte hit the ground running with Rockford after being assigned to the AHL early last week, picking up three goals and an assist in his first four games with the IceHogs this season. The 21-year-old scored his first goal of the season and added a helper in Rockford's 7-2 loss to Chicago on Friday; he tallied twice in a 6-3 win for the IceHogs on Sunday, helping the team break out of a four-game losing streak.
Around the system:
- Three Blackhawks prospects participated in the IIHF U20 World Championship in Canada, held from Dec. 26-Jan. 5. Defenseman Lucas Carlsson represented Sweden, notching a goal and two assists in seven games as the Swedes finished in fourth place ... Forward Mathias From missed the first two games for Denmark with an injury, but made an impact upon his return, with three points (2G, 1A) in three games ... Radovan Bondra, in his third World Juniors appearance for Slovakia, was held without a point in five contests.
- Defenseman Joni Tuulola recorded a helper for HPK in a 6-2 win over Pelicans last Thursday, then scored the lone goal in a 2-1 loss to Kalpa on Saturday; the 2016 seventh-rounder now has seven points in 35 games this season ... Goaltender Ivan Nalimov has a 1-1-1 record in three starts since being acquired by KHL side Sibir in late December. He went 0-1-1 last week, stopping 49 of 54 shots.
- John Dahlstrom tallied twice in three games for the Western Hockey League's Medicine Hat Tigers last week; his 40 points rank sixth on the team and share third among league rookies ... Bondra returned from World Juniors last week and contributed a goal and an assist in three games for the WHL's Vancouver Giants. His 31 points (19G, 12A) in 32 games so far this season are a career best ... Nathan Noel, a 2016 fourth-round pick, tallied in his lone appearance for Saint John in the QMJHL last week, a 6-3 loss to Cape Breton.
- Roy Radke tallied a goal and an assist in three games last week for the Ontario Hockey League's Barrie Colts. Since returning from an injury in late December, the 2015 sixth-round pick has a goal and four assists in six games ... Alex DeBrincat DeBrincat recorded a point in all three of his outings for Erie last week. His 67 points lead the OHL, while his 165 SOG rank fourth ... Graham Knott notched a goal and an assist in three contests with Windsor ... Defenseman Jake Ryczek scored twice for the USHL's Waterloo Black Hawks in a 5-4 loss to Cedar Rapids on Saturday; the 2016 seventh-round pick ranks second among team blueliners with 11 points (5G, 6A) in 23 games this season.
- Blueliner Chad Krys notched a point in both of Boston University's wins last week, picking up an assist in a 5-4 overtime win vs. Union before tallying the game-winner in Sunday's 5-3 win over UMass ... Dylan Sikura extended his point streak to nine games last weekend, scoring his 12th goal of the season in a 5-4 loss at Yale and adding his 19th helper of the year in a 4-3 loss at Vermont. The 2014 sixth-round pick ranks second on Northeastern with 31 points in 20 games.
- Fredrik Olofsson picked up a goal and an assist for Nebrasksa-Omaha in a 7-3 loss to North Dakota on Saturday and now has 13 points (6G, 7A) in 17 games this year ... John Hayden tallied for Yale in their win over Northeastern last Tuesday and picked up a helper on Saturday in a 4-2 win over UConn; he has 18 points in 14 games as a senior.
- Spencer Abbott had a busy week, playing his second career NHL game last Thursday in Chicago before being reassigned; the 28-year-old then contributed three assists in two games over the weekend, including two in Rockford's 6-3 win on Sunday ... Sam Carrick collected three helpers over four games for the IceHogs last week.
- Brandon Mashinter made a triumphant return to the IceHogs lineup after missing a month, tallying twice in Sunday's win over Chicago ... Nick Schmaltz continued to contribute for Rockford, scoring in back-to-back games on Friday and Saturday before adding an assist in Sunday's victory ... Defenseman Carl Dahlstrom recorded a goal and two assists in three outings for the IceHogs last week.