On Mondays, chicagoblackhawks.com will highlight players who stood out for their minor-league, junior, college or European teams in the previous week's action. All prospect/system stats will be updated weekly throughout the season.
1st Star: RW Alex DeBrincat, Erie Otters (OHL)
The Line: 4GP, 6G, 3A
DeBrincat's historic campaign continued last week, with the 2016 second-round pick showing no signs of slowing down. The Michigan native picked up points in all four outings with the Ontario Hockey League-leading Erie Otters, extending his point streak to 18 games and his goal streak to 14 outings. DeBrincat's 113 points this season -- which includes a career-best 55 goals -- are 17 more than the second-highest scorer in the league, and if he continues this torrid pace, he could be in line to surpass single-season club records for goals and points over the last three weeks of the campaign.
2nd Star: C Nathan Noel, Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL)
The Line: 3GP, 4G, 3A
Sandwiched between Blackhawks hat tricks by Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane, Noel recorded a three-goal performance of his own on Feb. 22 in an 8-7 overtime loss to Acadie-Bathurst, adding two assists for a season-best outing. The 2016 fourth-round pick had another multi-point game Sunday, tallying a goal and an assist to help the Sea Dogs notch a 5-3 win. Noel now has 43 points in 45 games this season.
3rd Star: C Dylan Sikura, Northeastern University (H-EAST)
The Line: 2GP, 1G, 3A
The junior forward got back on the scoresheet for Northeastern on the last weekend of the Hockey East regular season, as the Huskies earned a split at Maine. Sikura recorded three assists in Friday's 5-4 overtime win before joining the 20-goal club the next night in a 5-4 loss. The 2014 sixth-round pick currently ranks fifth in the nation with 53 points and fourth with 33 helpers; he's one of nine players who have reached 20 goals.
Around the system:
- Radovan Bondra picked up a goal and two helpers to help the Western Hockey League's Prince George Cougars log a 5-2 win over Edmonton last Saturday. The 2015 fifth-round pick now has 22 points in 22 games after being acquired by Prince George earlier this season ... John Dahlstrom posted a goal and an assist in three games with Medicine Hat in the WHL last week and now has 51 points (24G, 27A) in 54 games this season.
- Roy Radke tallied three goals in four outings with the OHL's Barrie Colts last week, including a two-goal effort on Saturday in a 7-3 loss to Erie. The 2015 sixth-round selection ranks fourth on the team with 29 points (18G, 11A) despite playing just 36 games this season ... Graham Knott registered a goal and an assist in three games with Windsor last week and now has 26 points in 36 games since being acquired by the Spitfires ... Defenseman Jake Ryczek notched a goal and an assist last weekend with the USHL's Waterloo Black Hawks. His 114 shots on goal this season rank second among league blueliners.
- Defenseman Ryan Shea recorded an assist in both of Northeastern's tilts last week and now has 12 points (1G, 11A) in 34 games in his first collegiate campaign ... Senior forward Anthony Louis logged three helpers for Miami of Ohio in a weekend series at Minnesota-Duluth; he now has 36 points (13G, 23A) in 32 games this season ... Nebraska-Omaha forward Fredrik Olofsson tallied a goal and an assist in a 6-4 loss to North Dakota last weekend; the sophomore shares fifth on the team with 22 points (11G, 11A) this season ... Matheson Iacopelli posted a goal and two assists on 10 SOG in two games for Western Michigan University last weekend; he continues to lead the team with 30 points (19G, 11) this year, while his 133 SOG pace the NCHC.
- Spencer Abbott logged four points in three outings for the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs last week, including a three-point performance (2G, 1A) in Sunday's 5-4 loss to Ontario. The 28-year-old continues to pace the team with 14 goals and 34 points in 52 games this season ... Brandon Mashinter scored twice in Rockford's 4-3 win over Manitoba last Tuesday, then contributed a goal and a helper in Sunday's loss ... Sam Carrick recorded three assists in four outings last week for the IceHogs and now ranks third on the team with 27 points (11G, 16A) this season.
- Defenseman Erik Gustafsson notched four assists in four games last week, while fellow blueliner Ville Pokka registered a goal and two helpers. The two share the lead among team defensemen with 23 points (4G, 19A) each ... The same week he signed a two-year deal with the Blackhawks, goaltender Jeff Glass started three of four games for the IceHogs, going 1-2-0 and stopping 84 of 95 shots faced. Since joining Rockford, Glass has a 5-6-1 record with two shutouts and a .910 save percentage.