On Mondays, chicagoblackhawks.com will highlight players who stood out for their minor-league, junior, college or European teams in the previous week's action. All prospect/system stats will be updated weekly throughout the season.
1st Star: LW Radovan Bondra, Prince George (WHL)
The Line: 3GP, 2G, 3A
Bondra was acquired by conference-leading Prince George of the Western Hockey League last Tuesday and provided immediate dividends with points in two of his first three games with his new club. The 2015 fifth-round pick posted a goal and an assist in his debut to help the Cougars secure a 4-3 win over Medicine Hat last Wednesday, then collected three points (1G, 2A), including the game-winner, in a 5-4 win over Calgary on Saturday. Bondra has 21 goals and 15 assists in 35 regular-season games split between Prince George and Vancouver this season.
2nd Star: LW Alexandre Fortin, Rouyn-Noranda (QMJHL)
The Line: 2GP, 1G, 3A
Fortin continued his strong start to 2017, extending his point streak to five games after picking up four points in two games last weekend. The undrafted forward contributed a goal and two helpers as the Huskies defeated Sherbrooke 6-3 on Friday, then logged an assist in a 5-1 win over Shawinigan the next night. Fortin now has 11 points over his current streak after posting just one point in 10 games in December.
3rd Star: C Anthony Louis, Miami of Ohio (NCHC)
The Line: 2GP, 2G, 1A
Louis also extended a lengthy point streak, pushing it to seven games with points in both of Miami's games at North Dakota over the weekend. The 2013 sixth-round pick recorded a goal and an assist in Friday's comeback victory, which featured five unanswered goals in the third period. The next night, Louis scored the RedHawks' lone goal in a 3-1 loss. He continues to lead the team wiwth 28 points (13G, 15A) in 22 games during his senior campaign.
Around the system:
- Roy Radke picked up a goal and an assist for the Ontario Hockey League's Barrie Colts in a wild 10-6 loss to Niagara on Saturday; he now has 18 points in 21 games so far in a season that's been limited by injury ... Alex DeBrincat took over the team scoring lead with a four-point week for Erie, scoring twice in a 6-3 win over Kitchener last Tuesday and adding two assists over the weekend; his 71 points rank second in the OHL, and he shares the league lead with 34 goals.
- Dylan Sikura saw his point streak ended at nine games last Thursday at New Hampshire, but the Northeastern junior got back on the scoresheet two nights later, assisting on both Huskies goals in a 2-2- tie against UNH. The 2014 sixth-round pick ranks second on the team and shares seventh in the NCAA with 33 points (12G, 21A) in 22 games this season ... Matheson Iacopelli recorded an assist in Western Michigan's 3-0 win over Denver last Friday, then scored his 15th goal of the season the next night in a 7-2 loss; the sophomore ranks seventh in the nation in goals and continues to lead the team with 21 points in 20 games ... John Hayden tallied Yale's lone goal in a 3-1 loss to Providence last Tuesday, then netted the game-winner in a 2-1 win against Clarkson on Friday; he has 13 goals through 17 games in his senior campaign.
- Luc Snuggerud tallied two goals and an assist in two games last weekend to help Nebraska-Omaha sweep Colorado College. The junior leads team blueliners and ranks fourth overall with 22 points (8G, 14A) in 24 games this season ... Notre Dame defenseman Dennis Gilbert collected a helper in both outings at Merrimack last week, and now has nine assists in 23 games this year.
- Kyle Baun netted a goal in each of Rockford's two games over the weekend. He currently shares fourth on the team with 16 points (7G, 9A) in 36 games this season ... Luke Johnson tallied a goal and an assist for the IceHogs last week to reach the 10-point mark in his first American Hockey League season ... Defenseman Gustav Forsling picked up his first AHL point with an assist in Saturday's 5-2 loss to Grand Rapids.
- Defenseman Robin Press, a seventh-round pick in 2013, put together a three-game point streak with assists in three consecutive tilts for the ECHL's Indy Fuel. He has six points (1G, 5A) in 16 games since joining the Fuel from Swedish side Djurgardens in December.