“Blackhawks Day” on Comcast SportsNet is highlighted by the replay airings of a pair Blackhawks “Classic” telecasts from their thrilling, seven-game, 2011 first round Stanley Cup Playoff series against the rival Vancouver Canucks (airing at 3:00 PM & 7:00 PM). In addition, viewers can look forward to Blackhawks-themed season preview & player profile features, live player/coaches/front office exec interviews and full plate of online offerings via CSNChicago.com, will have fans whetting their appetites for the start of yet another action-packed Blackhawks season.
REMINDER: The 2011-12 Chicago Blackhawks regular season on Comcast SportsNet opens up in a big way with back-to-back nights of live coverage showcasing the SEASON OPENER on Friday, October 7 at 7:30 PM (live coverage starts at 7:00 PM on Chevy Blackhawks Pre-Game Live) and the HOME OPENER on Saturday, October 8 at 7:30 PM (live United Center coverage starts at 6:30 PM on SportsNet Central presented by AT&T U-Verse) as the Blackhawks face the Western Conference rival Dallas Stars on both nights.
Note the following on-air/online highlights from “Blackhawks Day” on Comcast SportsNet coming up TOMORROW (Tuesday, October 4):
THE DAN PATRICK SHOW (8:00 AM)
- “Blackhawks Day” festivities on Comcast SportsNet kick off with an appearance by NHL All-Star Patrick Kane on “The Dan Patrick Show,” which is scheduled for 9:05 AM. Kane will preview the upcoming Blackhawks season with “DP” among other topics of discussion.
BLACKHAWKS “CLASSIC”: BLACKHAWKS vs. VANCOUVER (2011 Rd. 1, Gm. 4) (3:00 PM)
- After returning to the Blackhawks line-up for the first time in six weeks after suffering a concussion, center Dave Bolland was determined to make his presence felt once again as he scored a goal and added three assists in the Blackhawks 7-2 rout over the Canucks at the United Center.
CHICAGO TRIBUNE LIVE presented by Captain Morgan (5:30 PM)
- It will be a star-studded Blackhawks edition of “CTL” as host David Kaplan will be joined by array of Blackhawks players/coaches/front office execs and more including Blackhawks Chairman Rocky Wirtz, President & CEO John McDonough, Executive Vice President Jay Blunk, Vice President/General Manager Stan Bowman, Head Coach Joel Quenneville, Comcast SportsNet’s Blackhawks play-by-play announcer Pat Foley, along with team members Patrick Sharp, Marian Hossa, Brent Seabrook and newcomer Dan Carcillo. Plus – Blackhawks legend/team Ambassador Denis Savard, “Tommy Hawk” and the Blackhawks “Ice Crew” will join the festivities and…make sure to tune in for a special feature as “Kap” learns exactly how hard it is to be a professional NHL goalie.
SPORTSNET CENTRAL presented by AT&T U-Verse (6:30 PM)
- Hosts Pat Boyle and Mark Schanowski will be a joined on set by a Blackhawks player during the telecast, while Chris Boden will also be on hand to host a roundtable discussion featuring Blackhawks players and head coach Joel Quenneville discussing the upcoming season. In addition, viewers can look forward to interaction with Blackhawks players throughout the network as “help out” CSN employees with their jobs. NOTE: The 10:00 PM & 10:30 PM editions of GMC SportsNet Central, along with the midnight edition of SportsNet Central,will also feature a heavy “Blackhawks Day” focus.
BLACKHAWKS “CLASSIC”: BLACKHAWKS vs. VANCOUVER (2011 Rd. 1, Gm. 6) (7:00 PM)
- After being down 3-0 in their first round series against the Canucks, the Blackhawks stormed back to force a Game 7 following right wing rookie Ben Smith’s dramatic goal in OT, lifting the Blackhawks to a thrilling 4-3 victory in front of yet another sold-out, rocking night at the “Madhouse on Madison.”
CSNCHICAGO.COM (ALL DAY)
The Blackhawks will have a complete “take over” of CSNChicago.com on Oct. 4, providing a full interactive experience for fans. Note the following highlights:
- ‘Blackhawks Talk Live’ on CSNChicago.com will be a live stream and interactive chat showcasing the Blackhawks visit to the Comcast SportsNet newsroom including interviews with players via Comcast SportsNet’s Blackhawks Pre/Post Game Live host Chris Boden
- Blackhawks players to answer fan questions via live chat on CSNChicago.com
- The live stream will include ‘CTL Interactive’ on Chicago Tribune Live with Blackhawks “Insider” Tracey Myers participating in the live chat with fans during the show and interacting with host David Kaplan and Blackhawks guests. Fans can interact via CSNChicago.com and Twitter #CSNHawks.
- CSNChicago.com home page take over by the Blackhawks with players serving as “Managing Editors” in selecting Blackhawks content to publish
- Behind-the-scenes videos of Blackhawks interviews will be posted on CSNChicago.com during the CSN visit
- Twitter Q&A with players via @CSNChicago , @CSNBoden and @TraMyersCSN
- Fans can win Blackhawks signed items via live interactive chat and Twitter
- Photo galleries and much more