Comcast SportsNet Chicago, the television home of the Chicago Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs and White Sox, was the recipient of a personal best five Emmy Awards in a single television season from the Chicago/Midwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. The 51st annual ceremony was held in Chicago on Saturday, November 7.
“We are honored to receive these awards from our peers in the industry and we feel they are a reflection of the great work performed by our entire staff,” said James J. Corno, President of Comcast SportsNet Chicago.
Note the following Comcast SportsNet Chicago Emmy awards for the 2008-09 television season:
1) Category #8: Outstanding Achievement for Informational Programs – Conversation/Interview Single Program or Program Series
* Chicago Tribune Live: Lissa Christman, Executive Producer; David Kaplan, Host; Jeff Nelson, Ezra McCann, Mark Harper, Eric Fogle, Brett Fisher, Mike Cappozzo, Todd Williams, Producers.
2) Category #14-b: Outstanding Achievement for Sports Programs – Single Sports Program/Special
* On the Road with Ryno: Sarah Lauch, John Barnes, Aaron Stoeckel, Brett Fisher, Producers; Luke Stuckmeyer, Host; Joe Riley, Executive Producer.
3) Category #14-d: Outstanding Achievement for Sports Programs – Sports Segment/Feature
* Fred Merkle: Chuck Garfien, Reporter; Sarah Lauch, Todd Williams, Producers.
4) Category #16-b: Outstanding Achievement for Announcements/Campaigns – Non News Promotion – Single Announcement or Campaign
*Comcast SportsNet ‘One Network’: Sarah Lauch, Mike Cappozzo, Michael Dahl, Jennifer Cox, Steve Stroud, Producers.
5) Category #16-b: Outstanding Achievement for Individual Excellence On Camera: Programming – Play-by-Play
* Pat Foley, Eddie Olczyk: 2008-09 Chicago Blackhawks Season
Comcast Sports Group operates 10 sports networks that deliver 2,400 sporting events annually and sports news and analysis to 40 million cable and satellite homes. Comcast Sports Group’s networks are: Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, Comcast SportsNet California, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, Comcast SportsNet New England, Comcast SportsNet Northwest, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, SNY, The Mtn. – Mountain West Sports Network, and CSS. Comcast Sports Group also manages New England Cable News (NECN), the nation’s largest regional news network, and The Comcast Network, based in Philadelphia and Washington, which delivers community-oriented programming. For more information, see ComcastSportsNet.com.