As the Chicago Blackhawks get set to open up the 2019 NHL Draft with the third-overall pick on Friday evening, get caught up with all six picks the club has entering the weekend and how each was acquired:
- 43rd overall: Chicago's natural selection in the second round.
- 105th overall: Chicago's natural selection in the fourth round.
- 123rd overall: Acquired from Boston as a conditional pick on February 26, 2018 in exchange for Tommy Wingels. Converted to a fourth round selection by virtue of the Bruins advancing to the second round of the 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
- 167th overall: Chicago's natural selection in the sixth round
- 194th overall: Acquired from Anaheim along with Kenton Helgesen in exchange for Spencer Abbott and Sam Carrick on March 1, 2017
Video: On The Clock: Season 3, Ep. 2 - Scouting Search
Previously held picks:
- Round 3, 74th overall: Blackhawks natural third-round selection sent to Arizona along with Marian Hossa, Vinnie Hinostroza and Jordan Oesterle in exchange for Marcus Kruger, MacKenzie Entwistle, Jordan Maletta, Andrew Campbell and Arizona's natural fifth-round pick in 2019 (138th overall) on July 12, 2018.
- Round 5, 138th overall: Acquired from Arizona with Marcus Kruger, MacKenzie Entwistle, Jordan Maletta and Andrew Campbell in exchange for Marian Hossa, Vinnie Hinostroza, Jordan Oesterle and Chicago's 2019 third-round pick on July 12, 2018. Traded to Los Angeles on January 24, 2019 in exchange for Dominik Kubalik. Pick currently held by Montreal.
- Round 5, 136th overall: Blackhawks natural fifth-round pick sent to Montreal in exchange for a fifth-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft (Mikael Hakkarainen - 139th overall) on June 23, 2018.
- Round 5, 151st overall: Tampa Bay's natural selection acquired with Slater Koekkoek in exchange for Jan Rutta and a seventh-round pick on January 11, 2019. Traded along with Dominik Kahun to Pittsburgh in exchange for Olli Maatta on June 15.
- Round 7, 198th overall: Blackhawks natural seventh-round pick sent to Tampa Bay along with Jan Rutta in exchange for Slater Koekkoek and Tampa Bay's fifth-round pick in 2019 (151st overall).
The 2019 NHL Draft begins with the first round on Friday, June 21 at 7 p.m. CT from Rogers Place in Vancouver, British Columbia. For full coverage, visit blackhawks.com/draft