On Mondays, chicagoblackhawks.com will highlight players who stood out for their minor-league, junior, college or European teams in the previous week's action. All prospect/system stats will be updated weekly throughout the season.
1st Star: RW Alex DeBrincat, Erie Otters (OHL)
The Line: 3GP, 4G, 3A, 16 SOG
DeBrincat posted a second consecutive strong week for the Erie Otters, with four goals and three assists in three outings. The 2016 second-round pick notched three points (2G, 1A) in a 7-2 win over Sarnia last Wednesday, then ended his week with four points (2G, 2A) in a 7-1 win over London; DeBrincat was named First Star for both games. He ranks second on the team with 15 points in six games this season and sits in fourth in the Ontario Hockey League with eight goals despite missing the first three games of the season while attending Blackhawks training camp.
2nd Star: LW Radovan Bondra, Vancouver Giants (WHL)
The Line: 4GP, 3G, 3A, 5-game point streak
Bondra has gotten off to a solid start in his second North American campaign, and he posted three goals and three assists in four tilts last week to extend his point streak to five games. The 2015 fifth-round pick scored the game-winning goal on Oct. 11 in a 2-0 win at Edmonton as well as on Oct. 15 in a 2-1 overtime win against Medicine Hat. Bondra leads Vancouver with 11 points (7G, 4A) in 10 games this season.
3rd Star: RW Matheson Iacopelli, Western Michigan University (NCAA)
The Line: 2GP, 3G, 11 SOG
Iacopelli had a rough freshman year, scoring just one goal all of last season, but has enjoyed better success to begin the 2016-17 campaign. On Saturday, the 2014 third-round pick tallied his first collegiate hat trick, helping Western Michigan log an 8-2 win over Bowling Green and bringing his goal total to four in four games. Iacopelli totaled 11 SOG over the weekend series and now has 22 on the season, which ranks top five in the nation.
Around the system:
- Matthias From scored for Rogle in a 4-1 loss to HV71 on Saturday and now has three points in eight SHL games this season ... Tanner Kero scored the first goal of the season for the Rockford IceHogs as they opened with two losses to the reigning American Hockey League champion Cleveland Monsters.
- John Dahlstrom picked up three assists in three games for Medicine Hat in the WHL last week; he has six points (1G, 5A) in eight games to begin the season ... Graham Knott extended his season-opening point streak to six games, posting two goals and two assists in three games for the Niagara IceDogs in the OHL last week. The 2015 second-round pick totaled 12 SOG; he leads the team with nine points this season ... After returning to Rouyn-Noranda in the QMJHL last week, Fortin collected three assists in a 6-2 win over Drummondville on Saturday for his first points of the season ... Defenseman Jake Ryczek notched an assist and 6 SOG for Waterloo in a 9-5 win over Sioux Falls in the USHL on Saturday.
- Senior forward Chris Calnan notched three assists for Boston College, as the Eagles gained a weekend split at Wisconsin ... Dylan Sikura helped Northeastern University go 1-0-1 against Bentley, contributing five assists in two games; the 2014 sixth-round pick leads the NCAA with eight helpers through four games this season ... Anthony Louis collected a helper in Miami's 1-1 tie against Ohio State last Saturday for his first point of the season.
- Northeastern defenseman Ryan Shea tallied the first goal of his NCAA career in Saturday's 7-3 win over Bentley ... Luc Snuggerud notched his first goal of the year in Nebraska-Omaha's 4-3 win at Alaska Fairbanks on Saturday ... Boston University freshman Chad Krys and Denver University sophomore Blake Hillman went head to head in a matchup of top-10 programs last weekend, with the Pioneers sweeping the series.
- Goaltender Matt Tomkins made 22 saves on 23 shots for Ohio State in a 1-1 tie with Miami on Saturday, earning Second Star honors in his season debut ... Jake Hildebrand, who was assigned to the ECHL's Indy Fuel, won his first two starts of the season, stopping 56 of 58 shots in the two tilts.