The eighth annual Chicago Blackhawks Convention will take place at the Hilton Chicago (720 S. Michigan Ave.) from Friday, July 17, to Sunday, July 19, with over 10,000 fans expected to attend.
The sold-out event, which is the first of its kind in the National Hockey League, will feature players, coaches and Blackhawks Alumni, along with team broadcasters and executives. The weekend includes 14 Q&A panels with players and front office staff, autograph and photo opportunities, an area dedicated to interactive games (Salon A) and over 40 vendors (Salon D). WGN Radio AM-720 will broadcast live from Salon A on Friday and the Continental Ballroom on Saturday, featuring Blackhawks guests throughout the weekend.
Master of Ceremonies and Blackhawks TV Color Analyst Eddie Olczyk will host the Opening Ceremonies in the International Ballroom beginning at 5:00 p.m. The Opening Ceremonies will also be carried live on Comcast SportsNet Chicago and WGN Radio. Seven panels located in the International Ballroom will be streamed live on chicagoblackhawks.com and mobile devices via the Official Blackhawks App throughout the weekend. For more information, please visit chicagoblackhawks.com.
Other highlights of the weekend include (subject to change):
- Stanley Cup viewing for Convention attendees from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 to 7:00 p.m. on Saturday in the Boulevard Ballroom
- Blackhawks Game Show, presented by The Second City on Saturday evening in the International Ballroom, where fans will compete in a variety of challenges with current and former Blackhawks players
- The Locker Room Sale in the Grand Ballroom throughout the weekend, featuring live and silent auctions of Blackhawks memorabilia and game-used equipment
- Jonathan Toews and Andrew Desjardins relive the 2015 Stanley Cup Final on Saturday at 10:45 a.m.
- Head Coach Joel Quenneville, Assistant Coaches Mike Kitchen and Kevin Dineen and Goaltending Coach Jimmy Waite talk about their views from behind the bench and guiding a Stanley Cup contender on Saturday at 9:00 a.m.
- Andrew Shaw, along with the Hockey Hall of Fame’s Phil Pritchard, Mike Bolt, Walter Neubrand and Howie Borrow, discuss tales from the Cup keepers on Saturday at 2:00 p.m.
- Hear from Patrick Kane and Denis Savard on having an eye for the back of the net on Saturday at 3:15 p.m.
- Meet the newest Blackhawks, featuring Trevor Daley, Marko Dano, Viktor Tikhonov, Vincent Hinostroza and Kyle Baun on Sunday at 9:30 a.m.
- New this year, convention attendees are encouraged to activate their convention passes by visiting blackhawksconventionaccess.com. By doing so, fans will be able to participate in all convention activities and will automatically be entered into a raffle for a chance to win access to a VIP autograph session on Saturday, July 18, at 12:30 p.m. in the Normandie Lounge. Winners will be notified by email with further information on how to claim their prize.
2015 Blackhawks Convention Hours:
Friday, July 17: Registration begins at 12:00 p.m. with all lower halls opening at 3:00 p.m.
Opening Ceremonies will begin at 5:00 p.m. in the International Ballroom
Saturday, July 18: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, July 19: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
For up-to-the-minute information, log on to chicagoblackhawks.com. Fans in attendance are encouraged to visit the information booth, located in the lower level lobby of the Hilton Chicago.