The sixth annual Chicago Blackhawks Convention will take place at the Hilton Chicago (720 S. Michigan Ave.) from Friday, July 26 to Sunday, July 28, with over 10,000 fans expected to attend.
The sold-out event, which is the first of its kind in the National Hockey League, will feature players, coaches and Blackhawks Alumni, along with team broadcasters and executives. The weekend includes 18 Q&A panels with players and front office staff, autograph and photo opportunities, an area dedicated to interactive games (Salon A) and over 40 vendors (Salon D).
The 2013 Blackhawks Convention officially launches for media attending with a social that includes all attendees on Friday in the Waldorf Room from 3:00-4:30 p.m. Master of Ceremonies and Blackhawks TV Color Analyst Eddie Olczyk will host the Opening Ceremonies in the International Ballroom beginning at 5:00 p.m. Several panels throughout the weekend will be streamed live on chicagoblackhawks.com and on mobile devices via the Official Blackhawks App.
Other highlights of the weekend include (subject to change):
- Stanley Cup viewing for Convention attendees from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Saturday in the Boulevard Ballroom
- Media celebrities serving as panelists, moderators and hosts, including Dave Kaplan of WGN Radio and Comcast SportsNet, WGN Radio’s Dave Eanet, WGN-TV’s Dan Roan, Comcast SportsNet’s Pat Boyle, CBS2’s Rob Johnson, ABC7’s Ravi Baichwal and NBC5’s Peggy Kusinski
- Blackhawks Game Show, hosted by The Second City on Saturday evening in the International Ballroom, where fans will compete in a variety of challenges with current and former Blackhawks players
- The Locker Room Sale in the Grand Ballroom throughout the weekend, featuring live and silent auctions of Blackhawks memorabilia and game-used equipment
- Nick Leddy, along with the Hockey Hall of Fame’s Phil Pritchard, Mike Bolt, Walter Neubrand and Howie Borrow, discuss tales from the Cup keepers on Saturday at 9:00 a.m.
- Head Coach Joel Quenneville, Patrick Kane and Bryan Bickell talk about the team’s record-setting season-opening streak on Saturday at 10:15 a.m.
- Hear from Jonathan Toews, Patrick Sharp and Michal Rozsival on what happens inside the Blackhawks locker room on Saturday at 2:00 p.m.
- Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Corey Crawford and Michal Handzus relive the Stanley Cup Final on Saturday at 3:15 p.m.
- Brandon Saad and Andrew Shaw discuss coming up through the ranks and making an impact in the NHL on Sunday at 9:30 a.m.
- Blackhawks vanity license plates will be available for purchase from the Secretary of State’s office throughout the weekend in the vendor hall (Salon D), with a portion of all sales going to the Professional Sports Teams Education Fund
2013 Blackhawks Convention Hours:
Friday, July 26: Registration begins at 12:00 p.m. with all lower halls opening at 3:00 p.m.
Opening Ceremonies will begin at 5:00 p.m. in the International Ballroom
Saturday, July 27: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, July 28: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
For up-to-the-minute information, log on to chicagoblackhawks.com. Fans in attendance are encouraged to visit the information booth, located in the lower level lobby of the Hilton Chicago.