The Chicago Blackhawks will host their fourth annual Blackhawks Convention at the Hilton Chicago (720 S. Michigan Ave) from Friday, July 15 to Sunday, July 17, with over 10,000 fans expected to attend.
The sold-out event, which is the first of its kind in the National Hockey League, will feature players, coaches and Blackhawks Alumni along with team broadcasters and team executives. The weekend includes over 20 Q&A panels with players and front office staff, autograph and photo opportunities, an area dedicated to interactive games (Northwest Hall) and over 60 vendors (Southwest Hall).
The 2011 Blackhawks Convention officially launches for media attending with a social that includes all attendees, on Friday in the Waldorf Room from 3:00 to 4:40 P.M. Afterwards, the Opening Ceremonies, hosted by Honorary Chairman and Blackhawks Color Analyst Eddie Olczyk, begin in the Grand Ballroom at 5:00 P.M. Other highlights of the weekend include (Subject to change):
- Media celebrities serving as panelists and moderators, including Dave Eanet of WGN Radio 720, WGN-TV’s Dan Roan, Comcast SportsNet’s Chris Boden and Sarah Kustok, WGN-TV’s Pat Tomasulo, ABC7’s Mark Giangreco and CBS2’s Rob Johnson.
- “Blackhawks Idol” on Saturday evening in the International Ballroom, where fans will put their singing talents on display for judges Jim Cornelison, Troy Murray, Dennis Hull and John Scott.
- The “Locker Room Sale” in the Northeast Hall throughout the weekend, featuring live and silent auctions of Blackhawks memorabilia and game-used equipment.
- Netminder Corey Crawford joins Hall Of Famers Tony Esposito and Glenn Hall on a panel to discuss life “Between The Pipes” on Saturday at 10:15 A.M.
- Patrick Sharp, Brent Seabrook, Duncan Keith and Bryan Bickell will give fans insights to “Life On The Road” on Saturday at 11:30 A.M.
- Patrick Kane, Denis Savard, Eddie Olczyk and Dave Manson will talk about the living up to the pressure and reputation of being a “Top Draft Pick” on Sunday at 11:30 A.M.
- Head Coach Joel Quenneville and Assistant Coaches Mike Haviland, Mike Kitchen and Stephane Waite discuss X’s & O’s in the Grand Ballroom on Sunday at 11:30 A.M.
- Hear from several generation’s of the game’s top goal scorers with Bobby Hull, Denis Savard, Michel Goulet and Marian Hossa on Sunday at 12:45 P.M.
2011 Blackhawks Convention Hours:
Friday, July 15: Registration begins at 12:00 P.M with all lower halls opening at 3:00 P.M.
Saturday, July 16: 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. (Blackhawks Idol from 6:00-9:00 P.M.)
Sunday, July 17: 9:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
For up to minute information and detailed schedules, which include locations and times, log on to chicagoblackhawks.com or visit the information booth, located in the basement of the Hilton Chicago.