Wal-Mart Chicago Blackhawks "Community Playmakers" Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER: The Wal-Mart Blackhawks "Community Playmakers" Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") begins at 12:00 A.M. Central Time ("CT") on October 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59 P.M. CT on March 31, 2018, (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Persons can enter the Sweepstakes at chicagoblackhawks.com.
ONLINE ENTRY: During the Sweepstakes Period, complete an official entry form at www.chicagoblackhawks.com.
All required entry information must be completed in full. Limit one (1) entry per person. When entering online, you must be the authorized account holder of the email account provided on the Sweepstakes entry.
2. ELIGIBILITY: You must be a legal U.S. resident of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin who is 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees officers, directors, partners, equity holders, members and agents of Wal-mart Store, Inc. ("Wal-Mart"), Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc. ("Chicago Blackhawks", Chicago Blackhawks and Wal-Mart collectively referred to as "Sponsors") and their respective immediate family members (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and members of their same households (whether legally related or not), and the employees, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, members and agents of the National Hockey League (the "NHL") and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., and/or NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC (the foregoing are collectively the "NHL Entities"), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and affiliates, and their respective immediate family members (as defined herein) and members of their same households (whether legally related or not), are not eligible to enter or win. The decisions of the Chicago Blackhawks, including eligibility of participants and selection of the winners, are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these "Official Rules."
3. PRIZE, ODDS OF WINNING PRIZE and APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"): Winners will each receive: (a) four (4) 200-level game tickets to a game, (b) one parking pass, and (c) one pre-game experience to watch warmups from the Zamboni tunnel (d) and various items provided by Wal-Mart determined by Wal-Mart in its sole discretion. Each winner's name and photo will appear on the scoreboard. Approximate retail value for each prize package is $1,530 ($740/tickets, $40/parking, and $750/warm ups experience) plus the approximate value of any items provided by Wal-Mart. All other costs associated with the prizes not specified or mentioned herein, including but not limited to all applicable federal, state and local taxes, travel to and from the United Center, parking, food, beverage, and souvenirs, are the sole responsibility of the winners. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Purchase will not increase your chances of winning. No prize substitution or cash equivalent of prize, except at Sponsors' sole discretion, and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable to any other person, including relatives or friends, without consent of the Chicago Blackhawks. All prize details, including the date of the game and the location of the seats, not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by the Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. In the event a prize is unavailable, the Chicago Blackhawks reserve the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. Unless otherwise stated herein, all prizes are awarded "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. One prize per person. The prizes are not redeemable for cash.
4. DRAWINGS: Five drawings will be conducted by the Chicago Blackhawks starting November 1, 2017. Drawings will take place at least fourteen (14) days prior to scheduled experience. Entries which are not selected in the first drawing will be carried over for the second drawing. The winners will be notified by supplied contact information provided at time of entry. Limit one (1) prize per person and per household.
5. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY/RELEASE. By entering, each entrant agrees to follow these Official Rules and to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc., Wal-mart Store, Inc., the NHL Entities, the United Center Joint Venture, Blackhawk Community Ice Rink, LLC and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, partners, equity holders, members, employees, agents and representatives and all others associated with the manufacture, distribution, development and execution of this Sweepstakes and prizes (the "Released Parties") from and against any and all claims, liability, injury, expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees), damage, loss or causes of action (however named or described) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (i) entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes; (iii) the use of a winner's name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy; (iv) entrant's actual or alleged misappropriation or infringement of proprietary, protected, trademarked, copyrighted or other intellectual property; and/or (iv) any travel or activity related to the receipt, use or misuse of the prizes, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death and/or property damage. Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof or inability to continue the Sweepstakes, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, kidnapping, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute, lockout, work slowdown or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, vandalism, or any other cause beyond the Released Parties' sole control. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of the Chicago Blackhawks may be disqualified. The Chicago Blackhawks reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual feared to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be found acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes.
Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, undecipherable, lost, late, damaged, or misdirected entries, misdirected or faulty text or for any technical problems, incorrect announcements of any kind, and/or hardware or software failures of any kind. Incomplete entries are void. Released Parties are not responsible for any human or other error that may occur in the processing of the entries, nor are they responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries, or for technical, network, telephone, computer hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of, or failure to receive any entry information on account of technical problems or failures of any wireless or internet service providers, transmission interruptions or failures on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof, which may limit a person's ability to participate in this Sweepstakes or receive communication from Sponsors. Sponsors assume no responsibility for undeliverable text messages resulting from filtration of an entrant's Wireless or Internet service provider or for insufficient space to receive text or e-mail.
In consideration for being awarded a prize, each winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of the winner's name, photograph, biographical information and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by Sponsors, the NHL Entities, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and designees. Each winner assumes all liability and risk for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Each potential winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability and publicity license ("Affidavit") form within a specified time after attempted notification. Winner's guests will be required to sign a liability/publicity release. If any potential winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by the Chicago Blackhawks or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty or unclaimed, or returned as undeliverable to such potential winner, such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. If any winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if a winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Identity of the winner is subject to the Chicago Blackhawks' verification. The Chicago Blackhawks are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winners.
8. GOVERNING LAW & VENUE: The courts in Cook County, Illinois will have sole and exclusive jurisdiction of any controversies regarding the Sweepstakes and the laws of the state of Illinois shall govern without regard to choice of law provisions. Each entrant waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and hereby irrevocably submits to the venue of those courts located within Cook County, Illinois.
9. WINNERS LIST: For a winners' list and/or a copy of the Official Rules, send a request to: Wal-Mart Chicago Blackhawks Windy City Playmakers Sweepstakes, c/o Chicago Blackhawks, 1901 West Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60612. Official Rules may also be viewed and printed at www.chicagoblackhawks.com. Requests for Winners List must be received after April 30, 2017 and before June 30, 2017.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., 702 SW 8th St, Bentonville, AR 72716
Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc., 1901 W. Madison St., Chicago, Illinois, 60612.
11. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; (D) ENTRANTS' REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF; AND (E) ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY AGREES TO BRING ANY ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS, OR THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ILLINOIS (IF JURISDICTIONAL PREREQUISITES ARE SATISFIED).