"Best Groomed Blackhawk Sweepstakes" Presented by Jack Black
(1) No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase a person's odds of winning with an entry. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. ENTRY INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
(2) The "Best Groomed Blackhawk Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the states of Illinois, Wisconsin or Indiana who are 18 years of age or older on the date of entry; provided that the following persons are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes: (a) the employees, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, shareholders, members and agents of Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc. ("Chicago Blackhawks") and the employees, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, shareholders, members, and agents of Jack Black, L.L.C. ("Jack Black"), and their respective immediate family members (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and members of their same households (whether legally related or not), and (b) the employees, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, shareholders, members and agents of the National Hockey League (the "NHL") and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., and/or NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC (the foregoing are collectively the "NHL Entities"), and their respective immediate family members (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and members of their same households (whether legally related or not). The decisions of the Chicago Blackhawks and Jack Black, including, but not limited to, eligibility of participants and selection of the winners, are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these "Official Rules."
(3) Sweepstakes period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. Central Time ("CT") on April 23, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on May 7,2021 ("Sweepstakes Period"). Chicago Blackhawks' computer is the official timekeeper of the Sweepstakes.
(4) HOW TO ENTER: Individuals can enter online by visiting the Blackhawks website, https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/fans/jack-black-sweeps, participating in a poll to select the best groomed Chicago Blackhawk player, and completing an online entry form. Voting in the poll allows the individual to view the results of the poll. A vote in the poll and a completed entry form results in an entry, regardless of the entrant's choice for best groomed Chicago Blackhawk player or whether the entrant's choice receives the most votes. Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of the Chicago Blackhawks, and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Chicago Blackhawks. The Chicago Blackhawks are not responsible for entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and such entries will be discarded. No responsibility is assumed for technical, electronic, telephone, hardware, software, network computer or data transmission errors, malfunctions or difficulties of any kind. One entry per person.
(5) WINNERS: On or about May 8, 2021, Chicago Blackhawks will randomly select one (1) grand prize winner from all eligible entries. Odds of winning a prize are dependent on the number of eligible entries received. Purchase will not increase odds of winning. Potential prize winner will be notified by email. For the name of the Sweepstakes winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Chicago Blackhawks, Best Groomed Blackhawk Sweepstakes, United Center, 1901 West Madison St., Chicago, IL 60612 after May 8, 2021 and before June 30, 2021.
(6) PRIZES: The grand prize winner will receive the following: two (2) 100-level tickets to one (1) 2021-22 Chicago Blackhawks regular season home game (date of game and location of seats to be determined in Chicago Blackhawks sole discretion), the opportunity to watch the pre-game warm-ups at ice level, a Blackhawks player signed puck (identity of the signer to be determined by Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion), and a Jack Black provided skincare package (the items in the skincare package shall be determined by Jack Black in its sole discretion). The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the grand prize is $706.96.
(7) All prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable by winner to any other person, including relatives or friends, without the consent of the Chicago Blackhawks. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by the Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. In the event a prize is unavailable, the Chicago Blackhawks reserve the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. Unless otherwise stated herein, all prizes are awarded "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All expenses not specifically mentioned herein, including, but not limited to, federal, state and local taxes, travel to and from the United Center, souvenirs, parking, and food and beverage are solely the winner's responsibility. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. One prize per person. The prizes are not redeemable for cash.
(8) By entering, each entrant agrees to follow these Official Rules and to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc., Jack Black, the NHL Entities, United Center Joint Venture, Blackhawk Community Ice Rink, LLC, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, partners, equity holders, shareholders, members, employees, agents and representatives and all others associated with the manufacture, distribution, development and execution of this Sweepstakes and prizes (the "Released Parties") from and against any and all claims, liability, injury, expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees), damage, loss or causes of action (however named or described) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (i) entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes; (iii) the use of a winner's name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy; (iv) entrant's actual or alleged misappropriation or infringement of proprietary, protected, trademarked, copyrighted or other intellectual property; (v) any travel or activity related to the receipt, use or misuse of the prizes, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death and/or property damage; and/or (vi) any other claims that relate in any way to the Sweepstakes. Additionally, the Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof or inability to continue the Sweepstakes, by reason of any act of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, kidnapping, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute, lockout, work slowdown or strike (whether legal or illegal), outbreak of disease, virus, or other contagion, Executive Order issued by the President of the United States, Governor of Illinois and/or Mayor of Chicago, Declaration or Proclamation of National and/or State Emergency, any directive by the National Hockey League, including but not limited to any directive that results in the postponement, suspension or cancellation of all or any portion of a hockey season, any order, directive, matter or occurrence which prohibits or restricts people from attending hockey games, or otherwise limits the number of people allowed to attend hockey games, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, vandalism, or any other cause beyond the control of any Released Party. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of the Chicago Blackhawks may be disqualified. The Chicago Blackhawks reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual feared to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be found acting in violation of the Official Rules, or who is believed to be undermining or attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, Chicago Blackhawks shall determine the identity of the potential winner in its sole discretion.
(9) In consideration for being awarded a prize, winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of the winner's name, photograph, biographical information and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by the Chicago Blackhawks, Jack Black, the NHL, its member teams, and/or the NHL Entities, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and designees. Winner assumes all liability and risk for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Potential winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability and publicity license ("Affidavit") form within a specified time after attempted notification. If any potential winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by the Chicago Blackhawks or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty or unclaimed, or returned as undeliverable to such potential winner, such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. If winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if a winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to the award, such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Identity of the winner is subject to the Chicago Blackhawks' verification. Winner's guest, if any, shall be required to sign and return a release of liability and publicity license. The Chicago Blackhawks are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winners.
(11) Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
Jack Black, L.L.C.
2025 West Belt Line Road
Carrollton, TX 75006
Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc.,
1901 W. Madison St.
Chicago, IL 60612
(14) BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; (D) ENTRANTS' REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF; AND (E) ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY AGREES TO BRING ANY ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS, OR THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ILLINOIS (IF JURISDICTIONAL PREREQUISITES ARE SATISFIED).