Hawthorne Race Course Pool Party Sweepstakes
SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ILLINOIS, WISCONSIN AND INDIANA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES GOVERNED BY ILLINOIS LAW
SPONSOR: Hawthorne Race Course, Inc., 3501 S. Laramie Ave., Cicero, IL 60804 ("Sponsor")
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. CT on February 27, 2017, and ends on March 23, 2017 as set forth more fully in paragraph 2 below (the "Promotional Period").
2. METHOD OF ENTRY: Between 12:00 a.m. CT on February 27, 2017, and 11:59 p.m. CT on March 23, 2017, you can enter online at https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks, and follow the instructions to register and enter. Admission to Hawthorne Race Course is free. One entry per person. Entries submitted in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or verified. Entries generated by script, macro, or other automated or mechanical means or that subverts the entry process will be void. Each online entrant will have the opportunity to opt in to receive additional communications from Sponsor.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana who are 18 years of age and older except for employees (and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household, whether related or not) of Sponsor, Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc. ("Chicago Blackhawks"), and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries and promotion and advertising agencies (all of the foregoing, collectively, the "Promotion Parties"), the National Hockey League and its Member Teams, NHL Enterprises L.P. and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, equityholders, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, and all others associated with the development and execution of this sweepstakes (all of the foregoing, collectively with the Promotion Parties, "Released Parties"). Sweepstakes subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Void outside of Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana and where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Twenty-five (25) winners will be selected in a random drawing to be conducted during the Promotional Period, from among all eligible entries received. Entries not selected will be eligible for all subsequent drawings. Twenty-five (25) Grand Prize winners shall be selected in a random drawing on March 23, 2017. Drawings will be conducted by Sponsor or Chicago Blackhawks, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters. Odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received. Purchase will not increase odds of winning. Winners will be notified by email or phone. Failure to respond to the notification of winning within the specified time period in the notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, Sponsor's inability to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or entrant's noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor's sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected for the drawing. Each winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability and publicity license ("Affidavit") form. Winner's guests will also be required to sign a liability/publicity release. If any potential winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by Sponsor or Chicago Blackhawks, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners will be required to sign a prize acceptance agreement by April 1, 2017 in order to claim Grand Prize.
Identity of the winners is subject to Sponsor's verification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, entry will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a mobile telephone number (MTN)/email address by a telephone company, wireless service provider, Internet access provider, Internet service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses, telephone numbers or wireless phone numbers for the telephone exchange associated with the submitted telephone number/email address. Each potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the MTN or contact phone number and/or email address associated with the winning entry.
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES ("ARVs"):
Twenty- Five (25) Grand Prizes: Each Grand Prize winner will receive admission, racing program, dining credits, two (2) reserved seats (one for winner and one for winner's guest), and a Chicago Blackhawks swag bag (contents to be determined at Chicago Blackhawks sole discretion), and the opportunity for winner and winner's guest to attend a meet & greet with Eddie Olczyk, and one (1) free entry into the Eddie Olczyk pool party. Eddie Olczyk will wager with the pool party money, and any winnings will be divided equally at the end of the event. The amount of winnings available for distribution may be $0. Allocation of pool winnings will be determined by Hawthorne in its sole discretion. The total ARV for each prize package is $75.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes (or a portion thereof) of equal or greater value. All taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitutions or transfers of prizes are permitted by the winners, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person/household.
6. RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY: Released Parties are not responsible for, and by entering the sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties against any and all liability, injury, damage, loss or causes of action (however named or described) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (i) entrant's participation in the sweepstakes; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the sweepstakes; (iii) the use of a winner's name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy; or (iv) any travel or activity related to the receipt, use or misuse of the prizes, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death and/or property damage; (v) lost, illegible, late, delayed or misdirected mail, email, winner notifications, or other communications; or (vi) any error in the printing or interpretation of the offer, the administration of the sweepstakes, or in any announcement of the winners or prizes. Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof or inability to continue the Sweepstakes, by reason of any act of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, kidnapping, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute, lockout, work slowdown or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, vandalism, or any other cause beyond the control of any Released Party. Entrance into the sweepstakes and acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Promotion Parties to use winners' names, photographs, likenesses and limited biographical information for marketing purposes without further compensation, where permitted by law. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any injury, loss or damage to entrants' or to any other person's computer relating to, or resulting from, entering or downloading any information or software in connection with this sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes, or by any human or other errors that may occur in connection with this sweepstakes.
7. GENERAL RULES: In no event will Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in paragraph 5. Sponsor and/or Chicago Blackhawks reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of the Rules or any laws, or to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, misappropriation, infringement, or any other unfair playing practices, poor sportsmanship, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other participants or Sponsor representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
If, for any reason this sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Release Parties, which, in Chicago Blackhawks's sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this sweepstakes, Chicago Blackhawks reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this sweepstakes or any part of the sweepstakes. 8. WINNERS' LIST: For the names of the winners, available after March 23, 2017, send a self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: Blackhawks Hawthorne Race Course Pool Party Sweepstakes - c/o Chicago Blackhawks, 1901 W. Madison St., Chicago, IL 60612. Requests must be received by May 23, 2017.