The Colorado Avalanche and the National Hockey League (NHL) today announced the NHL® Centennial Fan Arena is coming to Denver, March 10-11. An interactive traveling fan experience that will visit all NHL markets across North America in 2017, the NHL Centennial Fan Arena is part of the NHL's Centennial festivities honoring a century's worth of extraordinary players, teams, remarkable plays and unforgettable moments.
The NHL® Centennial Fan Arena is free of charge and open to fans of all ages and will be located on the Pepsi Center grounds in the Camry South parking lot.
The NHL® Centennial Fan Arena includes:
- MUSEUM TRUCK - The main attraction is a 53-foot museum truck with an innovative interior featuring more than 1,000 square feet of interactive digital displays, original video content, historical memorabilia, and unique photo moments.
- ENTERTAINMENT TRUCK - A second 53-foot trailer will host a giant video screen featuring team trivia and highlights, as well as a pop-out stage for special appearances.
- THE "RINK" - A pop-up ball hockey rink will give youth hockey players a chance to shine with programmed games and clinics.
- CLEAR THE ICE ZAMBONI® VR EXPERIENCE - This never-before-seen VR experience allows fans from across North America to compete against each other in a race to resurface the ice. Fans will take a seat in a mini-Zamboni® ice resurfacer, feel cool air on their skin and their seat rumble, as they are tasked with creating the perfect sheet of ice - in virtual reality. All races will be timed and shared on a leaderboard.
- STANLEY CUP® - The oldest and most revered trophy in all professional sports will make a special appearance.
- RSVP PROGRAM - Fans attending the Centennial Fan Arena can RSVP at NHL.com/FanArena in advance of the event. The RSVP program includes pre-registration for the free activities at the Fan Arena including the Clear the Ice Zamboni® VR Experience and photos with the Stanley Cup®, and will provide event reminder notifications (dates, times, locations, events, special appearances and more).
The NHL® Centennial Fan Arena at Pepsi Center will also include food trucks, live entertainment, Avalanche Alumni appearances, local youth hockey team tournaments, prize raffles, and more.
For more information and the most up-to-date schedule of events, please visit nhl.com/fan arena or https://www.nhl.com/avalanche/fans/nhl-centennial-fan-arena
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, March 10
- 12 p.m. - 7 p.m. - Museum Truck, Clear The Ice Zamboni® VR Experience, The "Rink", live entertainment, food trucks, and more
- 12 p.m. - 6 p.m. - Stanley Cup®
Saturday, March 11
- 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. - Museum Truck, Clear The Ice Zamboni® VR Experience, The "Rink", live entertainment, food trucks, Alumni appearances, and more
- 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. - Stanley Cup®
- 5 p.m. - Ottawa Senators vs. Colorado Avalanche, Pepsi Center
ABOUT THE NHL CENTENNIAL
The NHL's Centennial celebration, honoring 100 years of NHL® hockey, officially commenced on January 1, 2017 with the Scotiabank NHL Centennial Classic™ outdoor game. Throughout the year, the Centennial celebration will include a variety of important content initiatives, ceremonies, recognitions, observances and special events. For more information, visit NHL.com/100, the central hub of all NHL® Centennial news, content, videos, images, and NHL® Centennial Fan Arena and NHL Centennial events.
NHL, the NHL Shield and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Centennial Season logo and NHL Centennial Classic name and logo are trademarks of the National Hockey League. NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams. © NHL 2017. All Rights Reserved.