Throughout each season, the Colorado Avalanche auctions off game-worn jerseys with proceeds benefiting Kroenke Sports Charities. Now available for the first time this year, is a set of the Avalanche's alternate jerseys, worn during home games against Central Division rivals between Nov. 7, 2018, and Jan. 23, 2019.
Kroenke Sports Charities works to fill the needs of the Colorado community through support of education and recreation initiatives for underserved children and families. Bidding begins at $250 per jersey, and the items are truly "game-worn."
The jerseys, donned by players during eight Division Rival Night contests, are complete with possible rips, tears and scuffs acquired during scored goals, notched assists, strong hits, blocks and even some fights.
During the time the set of jerseys was worn, highlights include:
- Matt Calvert's first goal in an Avalanche jersey (Nov. 7 vs. Nashville)
- Nathan MacKinnon's 200th career assist (Nov. 7 vs. Nashville)
- Nathan MacKinnon's 400th career NHL game (Nov. 30 vs. St. Louis)
- J.T. Compher's 100th career NHL game (Nov. 30 vs. St. Louis)
- Tyson Jost's 100th career NHL game (Dec. 15 vs. Dallas)
- Erik Johnson's 200th career assist (Dec. 15 vs. Dallas)
- Tyson Barrie's 208th career assist to become the Avalanche all-time assist leader by a defenseman (Dec. 29 vs. Chicago)
To participate in the online auction, click here or text "Avs" to 52182. The auction closes on Sunday, June 30, 6 p.m. MT.
Proceeds benefit the community education, recreation and sports programs of Kroenke Sports Charities.