The Albany River Rats dropped three games last weekend to fall to 32-31-6. The River Rats lost 3-2 to Worcester on Wednesday, March 21, and fell 3-2 in a shootout against Hamilton on Friday, March 23. Albany dropped the final game of the week 3-2 against Syracuse on Saturday. The Arizona Sundogs (34-28-2) finished the regular season with three straight wins to take second place in the CHL Southwest Division. The Sundogs beat Southwest rival New Mexico 4-1 on Tuesday, March 20 before taking on Northwest opponents Rocky Mountain and Colorado. The Sundogs beat the Rage 8-4 on Friday, March 24 and defeated the Eagles by the same score on Saturday. Arizona will take on Corpus Christi in the first round of CHL playoffs beginning Friday, March 30 at 7:05 p.m. in Corpus Christi.
- Albany goaltender Tyler Weiman stopped at least 25 shots in each of the River Rats' three games last week, including a 33-save performance in Albany's 3-2 shootout loss to Hamilton on March 23.
- Johnny Boychuk had two assists and was named third star of the game in Albany's 3-2 loss to Worcester.
- Arizona head coach and general manager Marco Pietroniro was named the 2006-07 recipient of the CHL Rick Kozuback Award for perseverance, determination and commitment to the sport and business of hockey.
- Sundogs goaltender Mike Wall stopped 32 of 33 shots in Arizona's 4-1 win over New Mexico on Tuesday, March 20. Wall also made 29 saves in the Sundogs' 8-4 victory over the Colorado Eagles on Saturday.
- Codey Burki had two assists, including a helper on the overtime game-winner, in Brandon's 4-3 overtime win over Prince Albert in the first game of the WHL Eastern Conference quarterfinals on Friday.
- Tri-City goaltender Ian Keserich faced 50 shots, stopping 48, in Tri-City's 3-2 shootout loss to Lincoln on March 23. He was named the second star of the game.
- Ryan Stoa and Mike Carman each scored a goal and Derek Peltier had an assist in Minnesota's 4-3 win over Air Force in the first round of the NCAA playoffs on Saturday. Carman, who had the game-winner in the Air Force game, added a goal in the Gophers' 3-2 overtime loss to North Dakota in the West Regional Championship game on Sunday.
- Hobey Baker finalist T.J. Hensick scored two goals and had an assist in Michigan's 8-5 loss to North Dakota in the first round of NCAA playoffs on Saturday. Hensick was also named College Hockey News' 2006-07 Player of the Year last week.