The Albany River Rats went 1-1-1 in the final weekend of the regular season to clinch the fourth and final playoff spot in the AHL East Division. The River Rats (37-36-7) split games with the Binghamton Senators, winning 4-0 on Wednesday, April 11, and falling 5-4 in overtime on Friday, April 13. Albany lost 6-5 to Norfolk on Saturday, April 14. The team will face the Hershey Bears in the East Division Semifinals beginning Wednesday, April 18. The Arizona Sundogs won two games on the road to take a 2-0 series lead over the New Mexico Scorpions in the CHL Southern Conference Semifinals. The Sundogs beat the Scorpions 2-0 on Friday, April 13 and captured a 4-3 overtime victory on Saturday.
- Tyler Weiman made 18 saves to shutout Binghamton in Albany's 4-0 win on Wednesday, earning first star of the game honors. Albany defenseman Kyle Cumiskey had a goal and an assist in the game.
- Cody McCormick had two assists on Friday and scored two goals on Saturday, earning second star of the game honors in each.
- Chris Stewart and Brett Hemingway each scored their first professional goals in Albany's 6-5 loss to Norfolk on Saturday.
- Arizona goaltender Mike Wall stopped a total of 73 shots in two games last weekend, including a 30-save shutout in the Sundogs' 2-0 win over New Mexico on Friday.
- Codey Burki scored two goals and had an assist in Brandon's 5-4 overtime loss to Calgary on Friday, April 13, earning second star of the game honors. Burki also scored the only goal in the Wheat Kings' 5-1 loss to Calgary on April 11.
- Chris Durand scored two goals and had an assist in Prince George's 4-3 win over Everett in Game 5 of the WHL Western Conference Semifinals on Saturday, April 14 and was named the first star of the game.
- Ian Keserich stopped 25 of 26 shots in Tri-City's 5-1 win over Sioux City on Saturday. Keserich and Tri-City will face Sioux City in the first round of USHL playoffs, beginning Friday, April 20.