The Albany River Rats (36-35-6) stayed in playoff contention after splitting four games last week. The River Rats lead Bridgeport by one point with three games remaining in the race for the fourth and final playoff spot in the East Division. Albany lost 3-2 to Springfield on Wednesday, April 4, but rebounded to beat Binghamton 7-3 on Friday. The River Rats defeated Bridgeport 3-2 in a shootout on April 7 and lost 5-1 to Hartford the following day. The Arizona Sundogs pulled within one win of advancing to the second round of the CHL playoffs with two wins and one loss against Corpus Christi last week. Arizona leads 3-2 in the series after defeating the Rayz 5-1 on April 4, and 5-2 on April 7. The Sundogs lost 4-3 on April 6. The teams face off in Corpus Christi for Game 6 on Tuesday, April 10 and play Game 7, if necessary, at Corpus Christi on Wednesday.
- Tyler Weiman posted 29 saves and allowed only one shootout goal to help Albany beat Bridgeport 3-2 on April 7. The win moved Albany ahead of Bridgeport for the final playoff spot in the East, and Weiman earned first star of the game honors for his performance. Weiman also stopped 30 shots the previous night in a 7-3 victory over Binghamton.
- Chris Stewart made his professional debut for the Albany River Rats on April 4, and scored his first professional point, an assist, in Albany's 7-3 win over Binghamton on Friday, April 6. The 2006 first-round draft pick also had an assist on Albany's only goal in a 5-1 loss to Hartford on April 8.
- Arizona forward Ryan Steeves had a goal and two assists, earning first star of the game honors, in the Sundogs' 5-2 win over Corpus Christi on Saturday. Steeves also had two assists in Arizona's 5-1 win over the Rayz on Wednesday, April 4.
- Sundogs goaltender Mike Wall stopped 23 shots in Wednesday's victory to earn second star of the game and 21 shots on Saturday for third star of the game.
- Albany defenseman Johnny Boychuk scored two goals in Friday's 7-3 win.
- Michigan senior T.J. Hensick and Dartmouth junior David Jones were named NCAA First-Team All-Americans. Hensick also earned All-America honors in 2005, and it was Jones' first appearance.
- Victor Oreskovich scored goals in each of Kitchener's losses to Plymouth in the Ontario Hockey League Western Conference Semifinals on April 6 and April 8, his first games since a knee injury on March 8.
- Codey Burki scored the game-winning goal in Brandon's 3-2 win over Calgary on April 7, garnering first star of the game honors. Burki also scored a goal in the Wheat Kings' 4-3 overtime win on April 6. Brandon leads Calgary 2-0 in the second round of Western Hockey League playoffs.
- Chris Durand had two assists in Prince George's 3-2 overtime loss to Everett on Saturday in WHL playoff action. He also added an assist in Friday's 3-2 loss. Everett leads the series 2-0.