Sunday, 05.31.2015 / 2:43 AM
, the Blackhawks are the first team to score five or more goals in Games 6 and 7 of either the Conference Finals or Stanley Cup Final since the Kings in the 1993 WCF vs. the Toronto Maple Leafs (Game 6: 5-4 OT W, Game 7: 5-4 W).
* Chicago last scored five or more goals in three games in a single playoff series in the 2010 WSF vs. the Vancouver Canucks (Game 3: 5-2 W, Game 4: 7-4 W, Game 6: 5-1 W...
Saturday, 05.30.2015 / 1:19 AM
win against the Detroit Red Wings in the first round, which was his first career Game 7. He became the first goaltender in NHL history to record a shutout in each of his first two career Game 7s.
* In fact, Bishop became the third goaltender in NHL history to record two Game 7 shutouts in a single playoff year. He joined the Colorado Avalanche’s Patrick Roy (2002) and the Boston Bruins’ Tim Thomas...
Thursday, 05.14.2015 / 2:28 AM
says the most wins in NHL history when facing elimination over two playoff years is nine, set by the New York Islanders in 1975-76.
* The Rangers extended their own NHL record by winning their 10th consecutive postseason game when facing elimination at Madison Square Garden, dating to Game 4 of the 2008 ESF vs. Pittsburgh.
* The Rangers improved to 2-2 all-time in overtime in Game 7s; they are 2...
Wednesday, 05.13.2015 / 12:10 AM
, matching a Lightning single-series franchise record. Teammate Tyler Johnson scored six goals in the first round vs. the Detroit Red Wings and Fedotenko scored six goals in the 2004 ECF vs. the Philadelphia Flyers.
* Elias notes that the Lightning were the first team to have a player score six or more goals in a playoff series and have another player score six or more goals in the next series since...
Tuesday, 05.12.2015 / 8:05 PM
of Boudreau's old reputation: In his first six Stanley Cup playoff trips, his teams never got past the second round.
The Ducks are headed to the Western Conference finals, and Boudreau has a team in the NHL's final four for the first time. The hockey lifer's spectacular regular-season success will no longer be overshadowed by his teams' post-season failures — and the story could get even sweeter...
Monday, 05.11.2015 / 3:27 AM
* The Ducks advanced to the Western Conference Final for the fourth time in their history and for the first time since 2007.
* Perry, who briefly left the game in the later stages of the second period with a lower-body injury, scored his second game-winning goal of the postseason and his first career playoff overtime goal. Perry paces the League with 7-8—15 in the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
Friday, 05.01.2015 / 1:52 AM
* Elias says only two other game-winning goals have been scored in the final two seconds of regulation in a playoff game, by Jussi Jokinen of the Carolina Hurricanes on April 21, 2009 vs. the New Jersey Devils (19:59 of third period) and Bob Pulford of the Toronto Maple Leafs on April 11, 1964 vs. the Detroit Red Wings (19:58 of third period).
* Ward, an undrafted free agent who signed...
Thursday, 04.30.2015 / 6:00 PM
that the Canucks have signed forward Joseph LaBate.
2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs Bracket Challenge update
Hockey fans submitted more than 800,000 brackets in the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs Bracket Challenge powered by Samsung, up 71% from last year.
Stanley Cup to guest star on CBS drama 'Elementary'
The Stanley Cup will serve as a special guest star on the CBS show "Elementary" on Thursday.
Stanley Cup Playoffs...
Thursday, 04.30.2015 / 3:00 PM
NEW YORK – Hockey fans submitted more than 800,000 brackets in the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs Bracket Challenge powered by Samsung, up 71% from last year. With the entire playoff field separated by just 16 points -- the narrowest gap in a half-century -- fans were tasked with predicting the winner of each series through the Stanley Cup Final, and the number of games for each First Round series...
Thursday, 04.30.2015 / 12:50 AM
improved to 4-1 all-time in Game 7s, including a 3-0 mark at home. They also earned a shutout in their last such victory on April 27, 2011, when Dwayne Roloson made 36 saves and Sean Bergenheim scored the lone goal in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals at the Pittsburgh Penguins.
* Bishop, who also earned an assist in the game, finished his debut playoff series with a 1.87 goals...