- Made his Avalanche debut on Oct. 8 vs. Minnesota.
- Is only the second Avalanche player to have his last name start with the letter "Z" (Greg Zanon).
- Was acquired from Buffalo this past June.
- Appeared in 60 games as a rookie for the Sabres in 2014-15, tallying 15 points (3g/12a) with 51 penalty minutes.
- Led all NHL rookie defensemen with 134 hits, fourth most on the team.
- Finished sixth among NHL rookie blueliners in points, was tied for fourth in assists, tied for second in power-play goals (2) and ranked fifth in average time-on-ice (17:42).
OHL All-Rookie Team (2013) OHL Second All-Star Team (2014)
Traded to Colorado by Buffalo with Mikhail Grigorenko, JT Compher and Buffalo's 2nd round choice (later traded to San Jose San Jose selected Jeremy Roy) in 2015 Entry Draft for Ryan O'Reilly and Jamie McGinn, June 26, 2015.
It's an incredible feeling just to see it go in and see the Joe go pretty crazy. Ever since the introduction there, I was kind of feeling the nerves, and to put that one home, I started to feel comfortable and I thought my play started to pick up.
— Nineteen-year-old Red Wings forward Dylan Larkin after scoring a goal in his NHL debut
TONIGHT ON NHL NETWORK
6:30 ET: Hockey Central Saturday: Hockey Tonight 7:00 ET: NHL Hockey: MTL @ BOS (Live Game) 10:00 ET: NHL Tonight