- Is out 6-8 weeks with a fractured foot.
- Had played in 146 consecutive games (153 including playoffs) to begin his NHL career prior to the injury.
- Picked up his 100th NHL point on Feb. 24 at Nashville.
- Tallied his first career hat trick on Feb. 22 vs. Tampa Bay, becoming the youngest Avalanche player to ever record a hat trick (19 years, 174 days).
- The only player in franchise history to register a hat trick at a younger age was Joe Sakic (19.107 and 19.140).
- MacKinnon s three-goal game was the first by an Avalanche player since Matt Duchene on Nov. 4, 2011 at Dallas and the first on home ice since March 6, 2010 (Chris Stewart vs. St. Louis).
- Recorded his first career fighting major on Feb. 5 vs. Detroit.
- Was Colorado's leading scorer in November with 12 points (3g/9a) in 13 games.
- Appeared in his 100th NHL game on Nov. 13 at NY Rangers.
- Had a three-game goal streak, Oct. 30 to Nov. 2, matching his career-long streak.
- Won the 2014 Calder Trophy.
QMJHL Second All-Star Team (2013) Memorial Cup All-Star Team (2013) Ed Chynoweth Trophy (Memorial Cup - Leading Scorer) (2013) Stafford Smythe Memorial Trophy (Memorial Cup - MVP) (2013) NHL All-Rookie Team (2014) Calder Memorial Trophy (2014)
I'm very excited about what happened today. We've worked on this deal with Toronto for a month, or over a month. It got a little bit of legs on draft day, but it really heated up last night, and we were able to complete the deal today.
— Penguins GM Jim Rutherford on Phil Kessel, who he acquired from the Maple Leafs in a trade on Wednesday