- Is out 6-8 weeks with a fractured foot.
- Had played in 146 consecutive games (153 including playoffs) to begin his NHL career prior to the injury.
- Picked up his 100th NHL point on Feb. 24 at Nashville.
- Tallied his first career hat trick on Feb. 22 vs. Tampa Bay, becoming the youngest Avalanche player to ever record a hat trick (19 years, 174 days).
- The only player in franchise history to register a hat trick at a younger age was Joe Sakic (19.107 and 19.140).
- MacKinnon s three-goal game was the first by an Avalanche player since Matt Duchene on Nov. 4, 2011 at Dallas and the first on home ice since March 6, 2010 (Chris Stewart vs. St. Louis).
- Recorded his first career fighting major on Feb. 5 vs. Detroit.
- Was Colorado's leading scorer in November with 12 points (3g/9a) in 13 games.
- Appeared in his 100th NHL game on Nov. 13 at NY Rangers.
- Had a three-game goal streak, Oct. 30 to Nov. 2, matching his career-long streak.
- Won the 2014 Calder Trophy.
QMJHL Second All-Star Team (2013) Memorial Cup All-Star Team (2013) Ed Chynoweth Trophy (Memorial Cup - Leading Scorer) (2013) Stafford Smythe Memorial Trophy (Memorial Cup - MVP) (2013) NHL All-Rookie Team (2014) Calder Memorial Trophy (2014)
It's not always going to be pretty, especially against a great goalie [Lundqvist] like that. My goals are never how you draw them up. It's just a matter of grinding it out and trying to create havoc in front and good things happen.
— Capitals forward Jay Beagle on scoring in their Game 3 victory against the Rangers on Monday