Recalled from a conditioning assignment with Texas (AHL) on Nov. 26
* Earned one assist (0-1=1) in eight games during conditioning assignment
* Registered three assists (0-3=3), six PIM and 16 shots in 22 games with Dallas
* Missed 52 games due to an arm laceration suffered 10/18 vs. PHI
* Was an even-or-plus skater in 17 of 22 games
* Logged a season-high 21:11 TOI on 3/10 at PHI
* Tallied an assist (0-1=1) for his 1ST career NHL point on 3/13 at WSH
* Recorded two points (0-2=2) and six PIM in eight AHL games with Texas
* Tallied one assist (0-1=1) and shared the team-lead with a +2 rating in three postseason games with Texas
Missed majority of 2014-15 due to arm injury vs. Philadelphia, October 18, 2014.
We've got to find a way to win a game. He's played well in the minors, now he gets his opportunity. We tried [with Jonathan Bernier]. The way I look at it, you get opportunities and you make the most of it. That's what [James Reimer] did. Now another opportunity is here and Sparks ... you gotta grab it. Is he ready? We'll find out.
— Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock to the Toronto Star on recalling goalie Garret Sparks from the AHL to start Monday in his NHL debut
TONIGHT ON NHL NETWORK
5:00 ET: NHL Live Powered by Constellation 7:00 ET: NHL Tonight